Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

finding a nismo...

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2009 | 10:31 AM
ladybug31087

Default finding a nismo...

Hi, I am new here! I live in Texas and roughly a week ago my husband totalled my 07' GLI which I had custom ordered from the facotry in 07 and was my baby : (
Once I knew he was okay I literally bawled for two days over the loss of my car...after recovering from the shock and seeing my car at the collision centera and realizing it is most def. a lost cause I began to seriously think about what on earth could replace it. While I LOVED it, there were a few things I didn't like, one of the major ones being that it was a four door sedan. I have looked at G35 coupes and TT Coupes over the last week as well as a 350z and there just isn't any comparison as far as driving performance is concerned. However, I had my GLI maxed out as far as factory mods went and I want to get a 350 which is as well (NISMO version). Problem is finding one, I don't want to buy another 'brand new' car because the depriciate soo fast once you drive them off the lot. The reason I would rather just buy the best version stock is that I don't do mods myself (just don't know enough about it) and I hesitate to trust anyone in a shop to do them for me. Plus, when people see me coming (22, female) they assume I can be taken advantage of : (
If NISMOS are so rare should I just settle for a touring or grand touring? Unfortunately I am currently without a car so I can't search for months on end. I have cash in hand so it won't matter if its from a dealer or a private seller...which i hope makes my search easier. SUggestions?
Old 09-06-2009 | 11:19 AM
NismoTreeFittyZ

Good choice. You should easily be able to find a nismo, but may be a little harder to find a used one. When I was shopping around for mine, they had 3 of them (red, white, and silver) at Landers McClarty Nissan in Bentonville, AR. But I found a black one in Fayetteville that I just couldn't turn down.
Old 09-06-2009 | 11:23 AM
-Vince-
Banned

Mine is for sale

$25.5k
'07
25k miles
black
new tires
Old 09-06-2009 | 11:23 AM
04zee
Banned

try autotrader.com or craigslist.com or the classifieds here on this website
Old 09-06-2009 | 11:27 AM
pbass6811

Hi. Welcome to the forum. Glad your husband is ok. While there aren't a ton of them, There are NISMO Zs to be had. You may need to be willing to do some searching and/or traveling to get one. I found out while searching on cars.com that if you type in NISMO in their search criteria, you may only get 5 or 6, however, there are a BUNCH more on there that are not listed as NISMO's(there were a couple on there listed as Track editions !)! While the Touring models should be slightly more plentiful, if you really want a NISMO, you can find them. Although mine isn't a NISMO, I found my Z on cars.com and I drove about 100 mi to get it. Try there and autotrader.com. Good luck!

hint: you can narrow your search down by specifying just 2007-2008 coupes...those are the only years we got NISMO 350Zs!
Old 09-06-2009 | 12:30 PM
davidv

There are no NISMO 350Zs for sale. Original buyers must sign a contract with Nissan saying they will never sell their car. Lots of people don't know that.
Old 09-06-2009 | 01:21 PM
ladybug31087

Originally Posted by davidv
There are no NISMO 350Zs for sale. Original buyers must sign a contract with Nissan saying they will never sell their car. Lots of people don't know that.
wow...well that may very well be the case, never having bought a NISMO I wouldn't know personally, but if it is the case then that would be the legal issue of the seller, not the buyer...

I don't mind travelling somewhat, I won't have a car shipped to me sight unseen but I would be willing to fly probably within a 1000 mile radius to look at and potentially buy a car. And yes, then I COULD have it shipped home if I decided to buy but where is the fun in that? Roadtrip!

In other words I AM very much willing to travel at least some distance...maybe even further than the above stated distance since I am stuck renting a ford taurus( BOO) until I get a new car.

P.S. As a side note, although this has nothing to do with 350z's I just want to say how thankful I am that I have always carried excellent insurance (USAA) on my vehicles...they have done nothing but take care of me during what has been a difficult experience.
Old 09-06-2009 | 01:24 PM
-Vince-
Banned

Originally Posted by ladybug31087
wow...well that may very well be the case, never having bought a NISMO I wouldn't know personally, but if it is the case then that would be the legal issue of the seller, not the buyer...

I don't mind travelling somewhat, I won't have a car shipped to me sight unseen but I would be willing to fly probably within a 1000 mile radius to look at and potentially buy a car. And yes, then I COULD have it shipped home if I decided to buy but where is the fun in that? Roadtrip!

In other words I AM very much willing to travel at least some distance...maybe even further than the above stated distance since I am stuck renting a ford taurus( BOO) until I get a new car.

P.S. As a side note, although this has nothing to do with 350z's I just want to say how thankful I am that I have always carried excellent insurance (USAA) on my vehicles...they have done nothing but take care of me during what has been a difficult experience.
I'm in SC.
Old 09-06-2009 | 01:48 PM
Globalscan

Welcome to the show...

Finding any limited production car is always tricky. The good news is once you do find them they are usually taken well care of because they attract a more mature buyer (not saying me at 36 drives mature lol) but point being it takes time to find the perfect fit...

I am sure once you post your pic there will be many willing guys to be your personal shopper. sorry couldn't resist. My wife and I both drive Z's and I think it is very hot to see a woman with a Z. It made my day when she raced my boss in his BMW and smoked him

On a serious note, good luck and be sure to post some pics of your new ride once you find it.
Old 09-06-2009 | 01:55 PM
Globalscan

https://my350z.com/forum/nismo-350z/...zmo-648-a.html
Old 09-06-2009 | 03:53 PM
cubs4worldseris

I'd consider that Nismo. Looks real clean. Good Luck.
Old 09-06-2009 | 05:13 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD
Premier Member

http://www.carmax.com/enUS/view-car/...3-a9f9fd28cf69

3k miles in Fort Worth.
Old 09-06-2009 | 05:15 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD
Premier Member

Originally Posted by cubs4worldseris
I'd consider that Nismo. Looks real clean. Good Luck.
I wouldn't. He changed the paint job on the car to something other than what the NISMO only comes in. So it's worth less than it should be.
Old 09-06-2009 | 06:27 PM
JEKL

Check out our Marketplace. I can think of at least three that are for sale or feelers. https://my350z.com/forum/search.php?searchid=9733712

Here is a Nismo from one of your fellow female drivers: https://my350z.com/forum/cars-for-sa...mo-0543-a.html

Last edited by JEKL; 09-06-2009 at 06:31 PM.
Old 09-06-2009 | 06:30 PM
stormcrow

Originally Posted by ladybug31087

pay no attention to davidv. he just likes to post meaningless bullshiz. very rarely does he have anything besides sarcasm and idiocy to add to a post.

and yes, what he said is complete BS.
Old 09-06-2009 | 07:07 PM
JEKL

Originally Posted by stormcrow
pay no attention to davidv. he just likes to post meaningless bullshiz. very rarely does he have anything besides sarcasm and idiocy to add to a post.
Old 09-06-2009 | 11:12 PM
-Vince-
Banned

Originally Posted by stormcrow

and yes, what he said is complete BS.

DavidV is pure win digitalized and poured upon the interwebs.
Old 09-07-2009 | 01:11 PM
dennisafrompa

...there's an '08 in Silver with a black/red interior for sale at Eisenhauer Nissan in Wernersville PA.

It has under 3,000 miles on it.
Old 09-07-2009 | 04:14 PM
stormcrow

Originally Posted by -Vince-

DavidV is pure win digitalized and poured upon the interwebs.

davidv = fail majority of the time. old men playing on the interwebnetz ftl.
Old 09-08-2009 | 06:33 PM
garytucker

Google Stuart Nissan in Enid Oklahoma. They have a 2008 Nismo in Pearl White sitting on their lot. The original owner bought the car, put 1300 miles on it and then figured out he couldn't stand driving it. It has around 1330 miles on it-I put about 10 of them on...sorry...the weekend of the 31st. It is a gorgeous car-only spot I found was on the underside of the front air dam...it is slightly rubbed. Other than that, it is perfect. They are asking 31,995 for it, but have had it at least since last fall as I looked at it originally then.

I would sure stick with a stock color and a non-repainted car as it will depreciate your resale in the future no matter how good it is. People buying NISMOs are as bad as the people buying low-production Corvettes...they want them clean and in their original paint or they start wondering what was covered up.

I bought the '06 Grand Touring Roadster 6spd they had instead. I decided I REALLY wanted leather and the convertible topped it off.

If you call them, ask to speak to Cleo...he is a pretty good guy to work with. I don't know how much they will deal as I didn't go that far on the deal. Good luck with your search!

Quick Reply: finding a nismo...