Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

extended warranty.

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 09:33 PM
JuanSilva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default extended warranty.

Any one with a Z have any suggestions to what companies are good with extended warranties with your Z? Not really sure who to go with because i have heard many diff things, good and bad. Just looking for advice or a point in the right direction from anyone who has had things replaced and had no trouble with the warranty company not paying and stuff.
Old 09-19-2009, 09:48 PM
El Dude

Try these guys: http://www.usfidelis.com/

I have a couple of friends that have coverage by them.

But before you do... If you bought your car from dealer they should have offered you some coverage (check your paper work). For instance, I have coverage until 75k miles and 0 deductible from the Nissan dealer when I purchased mine.

Good luck, hopefully you have some coverage already.

Last edited by El Dude; 09-19-2009 at 10:18 PM.
Old 09-20-2009, 01:57 AM
Mike@Blackline
Banned

Exclamation

Originally Posted by El Dude
Try these guys: http://www.usfidelis.com/

I have a couple of friends that have coverage by them.

But before you do... If you bought your car from dealer they should have offered you some coverage (check your paper work). For instance, I have coverage until 75k miles and 0 deductible from the Nissan dealer when I purchased mine.

Good luck, hopefully you have some coverage already.

i realize that your post is obviously in good nature with the intention to help the OP, but god almighty no. no. no. no. no. no, no!

Without even typing anything besides their name, 'us fidelis' into google, here are the first results that come up:
(from http://www.google.com/search?q=us+fi...ient=firefox-a)
These are all active links, click to read

Class Action Filed Against U.S. Fidelis

Us Fidelis: Car Warranty Racket Exposed On Today Show

Ripoff Report: US Fidelis misleads the clients into believing ...

Stay Away from US Fidelis, Warranty Direct is a Maybe ...

Consumer Alert: US Fidelis - BBB News Center

Consumer complaints continue about U.S. Fidelis - St. Louis ...

Fredtalk: Beware US Fidelis

More Trouble for US Fidelis – Sued by BMW | Auto Warranty Reviews ..

Seriously, call them just for ***** and giggles. Their scam is apparent from the sixth minute of your conversation on. They try to hard to strongarm you into buying a warranty right then and there. After you give them your VIN number, if you say you wanna think about it and call back they threaten to put the VIN on a 'do-not-warranty list' and say that if you dont buy right then and there you can never get it again (this is my personal experience)
Pressure tactics used at US Fidelis Customers, ex-workers recount ...

stay away from those sleeze bags.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:12 AM
tiffuhhkneex0

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you dont have one already you can buy one from a nissan dealer, if you cant buy it in full they'll make a payment plan for you too and its bumper to bumper coverage the only thing they wont cover is wear and tear like on the paint or interior. thats what i did and it wasnt too bad my z is an 03 with 28,500 miles and i bought a 4 year 65,000 mile warrenty for 1,400$ and that includes towing, roadside assistance, rent-a-car and everything.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:36 AM
El Dude

Originally Posted by Mike@Blackline
i realize that your post is obviously in good nature with the intention to help the OP, but god almighty no. no. no. no. no. no, no!

Without even typing anything besides their name, 'us fidelis' into google, here are the first results that come up:
(from http://www.google.com/search?q=us+fi...ient=firefox-a)
These are all active links, click to read

Class Action Filed Against U.S. Fidelis

Us Fidelis: Car Warranty Racket Exposed On Today Show

Ripoff Report: US Fidelis misleads the clients into believing ...

Stay Away from US Fidelis, Warranty Direct is a Maybe ...

Consumer Alert: US Fidelis - BBB News Center

Consumer complaints continue about U.S. Fidelis - St. Louis ...

Fredtalk: Beware US Fidelis

More Trouble for US Fidelis – Sued by BMW | Auto Warranty Reviews ..

Seriously, call them just for ***** and giggles. Their scam is apparent from the sixth minute of your conversation on. They try to hard to strongarm you into buying a warranty right then and there. After you give them your VIN number, if you say you wanna think about it and call back they threaten to put the VIN on a 'do-not-warranty list' and say that if you dont buy right then and there you can never get it again (this is my personal experience)
Pressure tactics used at US Fidelis Customers, ex-workers recount ...

stay away from those sleeze bags.
Wow! Lesson well learned. My friends have never had a problem, and one has used them... I think... twice and no problems.

Thanks, I'll look into this an let my Buds now.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:53 AM
SE5spd

I bought warranty from the dealer. It was gold platinum premium preferred? something like that, it covers a little under 3000 things on the car including the engine and tranny, but they wanted $4,000 for it but they gave it to us for $2,700. Anyways, im covered for the next 6YR-60K miles...well actually now its 59K miles haha
Old 09-20-2009, 09:43 AM
Mike@Blackline
Banned

Originally Posted by SE5spd
I bought warranty from the dealer. It was gold platinum premium preferred? something like that, it covers a little under 3000 things on the car including the engine and tranny, but they wanted $4,000 for it but they gave it to us for $2,700. Anyways, im covered for the next 6YR-60K miles...well actually now its 59K miles haha
Originally Posted by tiffuhhkneex0
if you dont have one already you can buy one from a nissan dealer, if you cant buy it in full they'll make a payment plan for you too and its bumper to bumper coverage the only thing they wont cover is wear and tear like on the paint or interior. thats what i did and it wasnt too bad my z is an 03 with 28,500 miles and i bought a 4 year 65,000 mile warrenty for 1,400$ and that includes towing, roadside assistance, rent-a-car and everything.
nissan warranties are the way to go. My tree-fiddy has a gold preferred, it is covered 100K bumper to bumper everything except wear and tear (my clutch is shot so i wish it did). it was only 1400, price negotiated when the car was bought. def the way to go; zero deductible on repairs, free rental/loaner car, towing, all the good stuff
Old 09-20-2009, 10:25 AM
SE5spd

Originally Posted by Mike@Blackline
nissan warranties are the way to go. My tree-fiddy has a gold preferred, it is covered 100K bumper to bumper everything except wear and tear (my clutch is shot so i wish it did). it was only 1400, price negotiated when the car was bought. def the way to go; zero deductible on repairs, free rental/loaner car, towing, all the good stuff
Old 09-20-2009, 01:04 PM
stein

Personally I will never purchase an 3rd party extended warranty for a car. They fight tooth and nail to get out of paying for anything!
Old 09-21-2009, 06:01 AM
nissanwarranty

Nissan Security+Plus Gold Preferred Warranty Coverage

Nissan Security+Plus Gold coverage extends to 1,816 components of your Nissan vehicle's mechanical performance. Choose Gold Preferred and this coverage increases to 1,954 components. Please refer to the Component Coverage detail below for specific areas of coverage.

Source: VadenNissanWarranty.com
Old 09-21-2009, 06:24 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,306 Likes on 1,661 Posts

Even slightly mod the car and they will not cover anything.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:26 AM
latiger12

I bought warranty from the dealer. It was gold platinum premium preferred? something like that, it covers a little under 3000 things on the car including the engine and tranny, but they wanted $4,000 for it but they gave it to us for $2,700. Anyways, im covered for the next 6YR-60K miles...well actually now its 59K miles haha<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://nfledge.net/?tracker=3759"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://nfledge.net/?tracker=3759" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>
Yes, buy one from the dealer. Same thing I did on my wifes car.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:53 AM
blktrack350

Originally Posted by terrasmak
which warranty are you talking about? nissans or a 'us fidelis' type company
Old 09-21-2009, 07:54 AM
Goku350z2007

+1
and they will blame the problem on the mod.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:52 AM
SE5spd

naw, the Nissan I go to is very mod friendly.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:56 PM
tiffuhhkneex0

naw, the Nissan I go to is very mod friendly.

nissan actually has contracts with some companys like stillen i know is one, if you bring them the parts and let them install it you'll be fine certain things you can even put on yourself
Old 09-22-2009, 10:19 AM
j.arnaldo
Banned

According to an article that appeared in CR magazine a couple years back, if the vehicle has an above-average reliabity record, don't spend money on extended warranties. Zs are classified as "Better Than Average" and "Much Better Than Average"---depending on the issue
year, the newer, the better, obviously---so, think about it, dude. Those companies promise a lot, but many times don't deliver.

Last edited by j.arnaldo; 09-22-2009 at 10:20 AM.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:23 PM
SSZVirginia

Originally Posted by stein
Personally I will never purchase an 3rd party extended warranty for a car. They fight tooth and nail to get out of paying for anything!
Agree 100%. Most extended warranties on car with 50,000+ miles are rip offs.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:32 AM
JuanSilva

Well, thats the thing. I just got the car and I am going to MOD it but I dont want to have my warranty voided. So i was thinking Nissan especially because they are nismo upgrade friendly. So Nissan would be the way to go?
Old 09-23-2009, 10:30 AM
Mikie13

I did the Nissan warranty as well...the factory one was going to be up in 5k miles from when I bought it, so what the hell...I'd rather pay an extra $27 a month for peace of mind. I decided to throw the wheel and tire protection package in there as well because every car I've had, I had to deal with ridiculous tire issues!!!

The dealer I got my car at is awesome. Great guys and do everything to help me out since I bought it. The finance manager even had a completely hooked up blue Z with 19s and Tanabe exhaust