Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

What have you done for your Z today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 03:52 PM
zswickliffe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bmurray350z
there's one reason why i would hate to own a white car..
Paint matching?
Old 11-13-2012, 04:01 PM
cmcurran5

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zswickliffe
Paint matching?
well its in the garage so the light isnt right.. besides you'll never get the paint to completely match when its plastic v metal.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:05 PM
zswickliffe

Originally Posted by cmcurran5
well its in the garage so the light isnt right.. besides you'll never get the paint to completely match when its plastic v metal.
Oh I know - Even my OEM painted car looks a bit different from certain angles. That just looks a bit more off than most, though.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:33 PM
zaimer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It didn't look bad when I looked at it out in the sun. Sitting in the garage gives it a different look for some reason..
Old 11-13-2012, 05:39 PM
Joe Cool

Originally Posted by Joe Cool
Is this for every 04 Roadster, or only certain ZRs with specific VINs? I ask cuz I have a ZR, too.

Thanks!
Originally Posted by flynzed
Not sure, I will ask when I take the ZR back in on Thursday. I'll get back to you.
Thank you; I appreciate it
Old 11-13-2012, 06:01 PM
taryon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zaimer
It didn't look bad when I looked at it out in the sun. Sitting in the garage gives it a different look for some reason..
Doesn't really look off to me but I would love to have a white Z next
Old 11-13-2012, 06:04 PM
zswickliffe

May just be the light hitting the pearl on the front bumper and the rest of the car in the shade. Who knows...

I love my PPW, though. Such a gorgeous color
Old 11-13-2012, 06:13 PM
zaimer

Originally Posted by zswickliffe
May just be the light hitting the pearl on the front bumper and the rest of the car in the shade. Who knows...

I love my PPW, though. Such a gorgeous color
I agree. Usually black is my go-to color for all vehicles but this color on the Z is something to drool over .

Unrelated side note...a few months ago I stopped at my Nissan dealer to pick up some touch-up paint (before I decided to just repaint the bumper, obviously). I told him I needed some of the QX1, the PPW. He said its impossible for my car to be PPW because Nissan has never had that color. I thought to myself, whatever this guy must be an idiot. Later that night I glanced at the original sticker for the car and it says white pearl. Why is that? lol. Everyone else I talk to says its PPW
Old 11-13-2012, 06:14 PM
zswickliffe

I agree. Usually black is my go-to color for all vehicles but this color on the Z is something to drool over .

Unrelated side note...a few months ago I stopped at my Nissan dealer to pick up some touch-up paint (before I decided to just repaint the bumper, obviously). I told him I needed some of the QX1, the PPW. He said its impossible for my car to be PPW because Nissan has never had that color. I thought to myself, whatever this guy must be an idiot. Later that night I glanced at the original sticker for the car and it says white pearl. Why is that? lol. Everyone else I talk to says its PPW
Normally the marketed color and the paint code name are two different things. All companies make up cool names for colors so you think you're getting something crazy unique.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:34 PM
KNDP24

washed the z and had a mini photoshoot
Old 11-13-2012, 09:35 PM
The_Laughing_Man

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks good!
Old 11-14-2012, 01:17 AM
taryon

Put the Z up for sale today
Old 11-14-2012, 07:47 AM
vtchang

Chargespeed Bottomline Side Skirts, Mastergrade Rear Diffuser, Custom Status Ring Seats, JPM Coachworks Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motordyne XYZ HFC Y Pipe, Swapping out Hawk Ceramics to Stoptech Street Performance. Need to find somebody to weld me a roll bar and wife and I are having our first child in less than 4 weeks. Gonna be a fun winter!
Old 11-14-2012, 05:24 PM
WillyP28

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Alot of good things happening to your Z and family
Old 11-15-2012, 05:27 AM
flynzed

Originally Posted by Joe Cool
Is this for every 04 Roadster, or only certain ZRs with specific VINs? I ask cuz I have a ZR, too.

Thanks!
The service tech I usually speak with was not in this morning, however, I did ask the guy who checked the ZR in this morning about all 04 ZR's needing the same recall. He was unsure and said the only way to be sure is to call a Nissan dealer and ask them to run your VIN to check it out. If nothing shows up you are in good shape. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful
Old 11-15-2012, 05:50 AM
cmcurran5

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by taryon
Put the Z up for sale today
how come!? ive been thinking about doing the same, but that always happens going into winter lol. i start test driving evo's and by the time i find one i might want its already spring then i dont want it anymore lol
Old 11-15-2012, 06:32 AM
WUTARAG

Default Borla Cat Back - installed last night

Nice and quiet - did n't want the ricer sound.
Nice low growl with very little sound change inside the cage!
Old 11-15-2012, 07:43 AM
Joe Cool

The service tech I usually speak with was not in this morning, however, I did ask the guy who checked the ZR in this morning about all 04 ZR's needing the same recall. He was unsure and said the only way to be sure is to call a Nissan dealer and ask them to run your VIN to check it out. If nothing shows up you are in good shape. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful
No sweat. I appreciate you asking!
Old 11-15-2012, 01:56 PM
flynzed

I picked up the ZR from the local Nissan dealership after the fuel hose recall and thought I would give it a quick wash. I get out my car wash stuff and noticed that the front bumper looked odd. Taking a closer look I noticed the front splitter is pushed way in, both wheel well flares are pushed out from the wheel well liners, there are cracks on each side and a bunch of fine line cracks coming from the corners of the side running lights. The dam thing was ran into something. I called the dealer right away and was asked to bring the ZR back in. After a conversation with the general manager he reluctantly admits that it happened at the dealership. He then informs me he needs to contact their insurance company and will call me in the next couple of days. To my surprise he call back in about an hour asking if I can bring the car back and they will take care of it. I got to tell you I was shocked when I noticed the damage to the front bumper. What I learned is to do a walk around your car when you drop it off anywhere and do the same when you pick it up. Do this with the service tech or who ever is going to be taking your keys. What a freaken hassle. I only hope it ends well. Oh yeah, the service tech that took my car apologized for running my car into a curb. I only wish he would have stepped up when it happened and not wait to see if I noticed it. I just don't get it, I guess better late then never.

Last edited by flynzed; 11-15-2012 at 01:59 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:18 PM
Joe Cool

I get out my car wash stuff and noticed that the front bumper looked odd.
<snip>
Oh yeah, the service tech that took my car apologized for running my car into a curb.
Sheesh! Go in for a recall cuz they didn't do something properly, and then this! Looks like there may be a happy ending, though. Good luck, man.

Quick Reply: What have you done for your Z today?