2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ZISME, you should read this......

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2002, 04:12 PM
ZZtopp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ZISME, you should read this......

I think you all might be interested in a long conversation I just had with a representative of NNA. I'll try to make it as brief as possible and stick to the highlights. I'm even more uncertain of the status of my car now that I've spoken to someone.

I ordered my car Jan 15. The dealer was alotted seven cars, I believe, and he faxed all the orders in on Feb 20. All of them now have VIN's, except for mine, and five are in his inventory, with the sixth probably coming in next week. My original production month/delivery schedule was July/ Sept, which recently changed to Aug/Oct. Then suddenly, there was no info at all.

A Nissan rep called me back today to tell me that I am in the system, but I don't have a VIN yet.

"Can you tell me at least if my car has been built yet?"
"No, sir, it hasn't, otherwise we'd have the VIN."
"I was told the VIN's were released into the system once the car leaves the port in Japan."
"No sir, that's not true. We get the VIN's as soon as the car is built."
"So you're telling me that even though my car was scheduled to be built in August, it hasn't been built yet?
"That's right. But it only takes a few hours to build a car, so it could still happen."
"Can you tell me why all the other cars from my dealership, including one that is exactly like mine, are being delivered next week, yet mine hasn't even been built?"
"Ordering early has nothing to do with the delivery or build schedule. It just depends on a lot of other things."
"Like what?"
"Options and stuff."
"But what about the car that is exactly like mine?"
"I don't know what to say."
"Am I just unlucky?"
"I guess."
"So the best answer you can give me as to why my car has been delayed and may not even be built yet is that I'm unlucky?"
"Yes, sir. But call back in a few weeks and we might have a VIN for you."

I emailed ZISME yesterday with my info but he did not respond (I'm sure he's too busy), hence my futile attempt at getting an answer from NNA.

Well......I guess I'm just unlucky. Anyway, it was interesting to hear her rummaging through the corporate memos on how to respond to certain questions like a typical corporate robot. 7000 pre-ordered cars is not a big database in this age of computer technology. It's amazing to me that Nissan cannot provide better info than than what I was just given. For all I know, it's been bumped again a month or two. Pretty damn frustrating.
Old 08-29-2002, 05:48 PM
Electro Z

Angry Boy.. thats what I heard too.. load o Cr**

ZZtopp.. Sounds like the conversation I had with NNA today too.. Loads of.. gee your just darn unlucky to have your car sit at the poort for two weeks.. darn darn darn... no assist at all...

I know what i will be saying on my dealer/nissan response after this is all over...

Dealer gets a b+ ( would be an A+ but due to the total idiots at NNA and the morons that you hired to transport and deliver the cars it brought that down)

Shipper gets a F- ( would be lower but no lower mark available... figure the alphabet as a start A being great F being bad.. Shippers get a Y for YAM HEADS )

NNA get a "DUH I DONT KNOW" grade cause damn you be unlucky!

Nissan corporate get a C.. needs improvment.. you want to get a car off the ground you do the whole job.. not just the car.. you make sure.. SURE that the whole car gets to where its suppoed to go as soon as possible or explain WHY NOT!

There ya go...

FOr those of you that have had no problems or gotten your cars early... consider yourselves very lucky.... I think you are very very lucky

EZ
Old 08-29-2002, 06:56 PM
Z&Jet-Pilot

I also talked NAA today. They call me about 3 hrs ago. Almost the exact same conservsation except I was told mine would be built in Aug for Oct del.

That fellow was a busy guy tonight!
Old 08-29-2002, 10:21 PM
mike952

Yea, but guys keep in mind.

Lets assume there were 2000 chrome silver enthusiast orderd. Building all 2000 in one shot would be unproductive (I presume) for their own reasons.

I know they don't build cars this way from the other posts, but lest assume the did. There would be a stopping point way before the 2000 are completed to start other colors / models. I may be you are the unfortunate one that was next before they switched....and now you are waiting in line again until chromesilver enthusiast comes back onto the assembly line.

So to make a long story short, I know this is not how they build the cars, but yes there is a particular algorithm for prioritizing and building the cars.

Since I have just given a sample algorithm that has obvious "unlucky cars", noone can argue that any other sample algorithm (potentially more accurate to how the cars are truely built) will not exclude cars just as my example did.

Case in point a wild guess would be, 90% may be happy customers, 10% may be unhappy. Just looking at Vinn Soup, I notice there are many march pre-orders who are driving already while many January pre-orders still waiting on a VIN.
Old 08-30-2002, 05:16 AM
Electro Z

Unhappy I guess I didnt say wmy whole story

My Z has been built.. Its been sitting in the port for two weeks. FIVE more zs have entered the port and gotten to my dealers now...

Why?

EZz
Old 08-30-2002, 05:37 AM
barnicleboy
Banned

read this thread, its all here.

Basically some cars that did not have the chip installed were built, but put over on the side for a later delivery.

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....&threadid=4094
Old 08-30-2002, 05:42 AM
Electro Z

Default HUH

My car was in port way before the chip shortage... waaaayyyyy before....

It was on the first dam* boat... I know that much.. I was one of the first to get my vin...

See wheree I am coming from...

EZ