Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RainmanZ's Impressions of THe Z

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2002, 08:16 PM
RainmanZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RainmanZ's Impressions of THe Z

First, let me say I am not the techinical expert nor a driving professional.I am only sharing my impressions and opinions.

Second, pictures will follow tomorrow.

With that said....The 350Z IS BETTER than expected.

DAMN, what a fine car. Without question all of my expectations have been exceeded.
Fit and finish are very good, The Silverstone is indeed stunning. Few pics do it justice. Interior very nice. Leather very well done. Not a LEXUS LS 430 but very nice. No complaints from me. All instruments where they need to be . Intuitive, easy to read and use. Cockpit fits nicely as I am 5 ft 11.5 inches and 275 + lbs. No problems with head room or leg room. Road noise average for a sports car, much lilke my previous 300Z. Definately not as quite as a luxery car but nice nontheless.Ride firm as expected for a car which is rock steady at 100 in the twisties. Again not a Lexus but great for a sports car.

Now for the meat. This car Rocks. Definately planted in the curves. Tight and quick steering response. Very comfortable in the twisties. GREAT FUN INDEED. Power to die for . Broad power band. Very smooth. Thus far I have only teased myself with the power as I have been trying ( HEHEHE ) to keep it at 4000 rpm till break in done. ( mostly ).

Thus far only 109 miles of driving as I was late today getting my car. So I really can't say anything which others here have not already said as well or better. Most importantly, it is a great drivers car. Beautifully crafted and styled, excellent engineering. It brings pleasure to the senses both to behold and to drive. As usual there will be those who find something to complain about. But as for me I only have words of praise for the car. It is everything promised and more.

I am so glad I preordered this car.

PS For those who are envious, you should be.

Later... Robert.
Old 08-29-2002, 08:39 PM
marcZZZ
not a regular pain in the ass

Default Re: RainmanZ's Impressions of THe Z

Originally posted by RainmanZ
First, let me say I am not the techinical expert nor a driving professional.I am only sharing my impressions and opinions.

Second, pictures will follow tomorrow.

With that said....The 350Z IS BETTER than expected.

DAMN, what a fine car. Without question all of my expectations have been exceeded.
Fit and finish are very good, The Silverstone is indeed stunning. Few pics do it justice. Interior very nice. Leather very well done. Not a LEXUS LS 430 but very nice. No complaints from me. All instruments where they need to be . Intuitive, easy to read and use. Cockpit fits nicely as I am 5 ft 11.5 inches and 275 + lbs. No problems with head room or leg room. Road noise average for a sports car, much lilke my previous 300Z. Definately not as quite as a luxery car but nice nontheless.Ride firm as expected for a car which is rock steady at 100 in the twisties. Again not a Lexus but great for a sports car.

Now for the meat. This car Rocks. Definately planted in the curves. Tight and quick steering response. Very comfortable in the twisties. GREAT FUN INDEED. Power to die for . Broad power band. Very smooth. Thus far I have only teased myself with the power as I have been trying ( HEHEHE ) to keep it at 4000 rpm till break in done. ( mostly ).

Thus far only 109 miles of driving as I was late today getting my car. So I really can't say anything which others here have not already said as well or better. Most importantly, it is a great drivers car. Beautifully crafted and styled, excellent engineering. It brings pleasure to the senses both to behold and to drive. As usual there will be those who find something to complain about. But as for me I only have words of praise for the car. It is everything promised and more.

I am so glad I preordered this car.

PS For those who are envious, you should be.

Later... Robert.
Robert you lucky dog I am soooo envious, but we all deserve this after waiting for so dang long for these moments...please enjoy your new "baby"
Old 08-29-2002, 09:57 PM
Pooh2002
Charter Member #30

Congratulations RainmanZ on getting your car. It's great when one of the original members of this site gets his (or her) car. Knowing you have been hanging in there as long as the rest of us makes the envy a bit easier to bear.
Old 08-29-2002, 10:01 PM
ADMAN

Received 101 Likes on 67 Posts
Question

So, what kind of car did you have before this???

A lot of people on the Max Orgs are talking smack about the Z...how it compares to an 02/03 Maxima 3.5 and stuff. I don't see how they can judge when they haven't even test driven one yet. That is all I am waiting for, then it's good bye Maxie!!!

ADMAN
Old 08-29-2002, 10:18 PM
raceboy
Banned

Originally posted by ADMAN
So, what kind of car did you have before this???

A lot of people on the Max Orgs are talking smack about the Z...how it compares to an 02/03 Maxima 3.5 and stuff. I don't see how they can judge when they haven't even test driven one yet. That is all I am waiting for, then it's good bye Maxie!!!

ADMAN
They must be talking CRACK about the Z!! As a Z owner and an I35 owner, let me tell you. The Z Stomps the crap out of the I35(same as a Maxima and my I35 is the Sport model) in absolutely every aspect related to sporting driving, PERIOD!
Old 08-29-2002, 10:37 PM
RainmanZ

Default ADMAN

I had a 94 300Z. Last true performance car which I owned. This new Z is familar,even similar,but far superior to the 300Z.I have had the pleasure of spending time in other Sports cars and even owned a few sport sedans. Still I love this car. What more can I say?

Last edited by RainmanZ; 08-31-2002 at 03:54 AM.