Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

First time to track on 350Z, a Z owners experience

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2003, 07:23 AM
Jason Bourne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Zland, I think a lot of people have similar feelings.

I'll actually one-up you and says that I think going to the track the first time is even more of an important moment than picking up your new car.

I think in 30 years when I'm old and decrepit, I will still remember my first track event quite vividly, while I won't be able to remember taking delivery of new cars quite the same way.

And of course, it only gets better as you get more experience and move up the ranks of track driving (gets really cool when you become an instructor too),

Jason
Old 10-21-2003, 07:37 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally posted by Jason Bourne
Zland, I think a lot of people have similar feelings.

I'll actually one-up you and says that I think going to the track the first time is even more of an important moment than picking up your new car.

I think in 30 years when I'm old and decrepit, I will still remember my first track event quite vividly, while I won't be able to remember taking delivery of new cars quite the same way.

And of course, it only gets better as you get more experience and move up the ranks of track driving (gets really cool when you become an instructor too),

Jason
Jason, actually I agree with you, it stnads out more than geting the Z to me as well but I thought some people might flame me for saying it. All I can say is do both and then speak from experience on which one was better.

Jeff
Old 10-27-2003, 05:06 PM
ShaftEd

Originally posted by zland

2. ShaftEd: Please give us a write up on 10/24. I dont know if i can call in sick to work 2 Fridays in a row.

Jeff [/B]
As requested, Here is the link to the track report over in the "Racing" area:

"Streets of Willow" Trackday Report
Old 10-27-2003, 08:36 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

ShaftEd: Thanks for following up with the review.

We are still in the process of setting a date for the "First Mossy Track day". Hopefully we will have a set date by the holiday season and the actual track day in about March. Carlos has done about a dozen of these things and he claims that is what it takes to get it all set up.
Old 02-06-2004, 12:40 PM
LemanZ Sunset

great read
Old 02-06-2004, 01:18 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Thanks LemanZ Sunset, I am happy you enjoyed the post.

Jeff
Old 02-06-2004, 01:26 PM
GaryM05

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

This is the kind of post that should be bumped every 6 months as more people buy Z's, join the board, and want to start going to the track. Good stuff.
Old 02-06-2004, 01:38 PM
EnthuZ
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Back from the past! Of course I re-read the whole thing. Now I'm even more pumped up for my Z's 9th, 10th & 11th track days with NASA at Mid-Ohio!

Hopefully great write-up like yours will encourage more owners to track their Z's.

Is it better than SEX? Not sure about that, BUT, at the track I can perform 4 or 5 times in a day.............
Old 02-06-2004, 03:11 PM
pimp1911

Good thread. I am going to Road Atlanta in March for a driving school and I cant wait. This will be my first time on the track.
Old 02-06-2004, 10:26 PM
Bassmaster

That was a great post zland. Are ages are similar, and like most males think of myself as a decent driver. However, since I have owned this car I get the feeling that I dont know $%^* about driveing it to the limits or anywhere near it's full potential.
Like you, I to worry about tickets, or running over someones pet on a twisty country road. Crazy speeds can be had in this car and doing it on county roads is just nuts. My excuses for not tracking the Z is for fear of making a fool of myself at the track, or that its to expensive, or that tracks are to far from me. All just excuses.....I really need to get off my butt and do it. Thanks for the inspiration.

CS Track
Old 02-06-2004, 11:05 PM
Sharp

WOW! Thanks for your post. This is exactly what I needed to read. If you go to this thread: https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=59851

I am a nervous wreck at the moment, because I am going out to the track tomorrow. But after reading your experience I really feel allot better. At least I know now that the rear end will stay where it is suppose to stay – behind me!

I think the first thing one need to forget is ego – and focus on your own limitations.

Well, I will post my experience tomorrow night…

Oh. My car is 100% stock – track version…