2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Anyine in Austin get theirs

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2002, 02:06 PM
jran76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyine in Austin get theirs

Has anyone in Austin got their Z?

Mine came in at South Point yesterday (along with a few others). I would like to see a few others sometime....

Those loud screams you heard yesterday were me screaming for joy
Old 08-30-2002, 03:09 PM
z texas

I think it is there. I stopped by and there was a chrome silver and a white. They both looked good, Art was kind enough to let me drive one and man does it fly, just getting on the on ramp I hit 80. Haha, just kidding. They had signs on the inside of the windows saying "DON'T TOUCH. CAR IS SOLD!" Give him a call, I thought he said one was yours.
Old 08-30-2002, 03:16 PM
Chris S

Is yours still there, on the 2nd floor of the parking garage? I've been trying to see one in real life, and finally found out that Southpoint had two in stock, a Silverstone Enthusiast and a White Touring.

Two thumbs up, the Z looks GREAT in person, better than in the pics! It looked almost exotic to me. I still haven't been able to sit in or drive one, but I have a feeling there may be a Z in my future. I'm going to wait until the details on the convertible come out first, since that will be my preference provided it doesn't gain too much weight or body flex. I LOVE my S2000, but I expect the Z will be quite a bit more comfortable.

If any Austin owners would be willing to let me sit in your car &/or take me for a brief ride, I'd greatly appreciate it. Of course, I'd be willing to reciprocate w/ my S2000 if you care
Old 08-30-2002, 03:22 PM
jran76

I got there yesterday (Thurs) when they were unloading mine, and I waited till it was ready. My salesman was not there, but hey took care of me. I ended up financing through Nissan (had a peoplefirst loan), they matched the peoplefirst loan rate, they also left the front plate off for me.

I can't even express how great the car is, so I won't waste everyone's time, but

I would be more than happy to let a few people to check it out, I should be free most of the weekend, and most of next week...

There were at least 2 others up there, a CS and white, maybe even 2 CS's....
Old 08-30-2002, 03:38 PM
Chris S

jran76,

Gimme a call when you have some free time to show off your new toy...my # is 695-1127. Thanks!
Old 08-30-2002, 06:44 PM
articfury
Charter Member #55

Touring got his car too. There are a few running around town now.

I think we should all get together soon. The ones with their cars can show them off to those of us without.

Tell me when and where, and I will be there.

JD
Old 08-30-2002, 08:49 PM
Touring6MT_Z
Charter Member #49

Yep, got mine last night after 3 days of frustration about the missing shipment from Dallas. See my post here:

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....&threadid=4725

I'll glad to participate if someone want to organize a get together for Austin 350Zer.
Old 08-30-2002, 08:56 PM
Chris S

Thumbs up

Do y'all care if the "competition" comes to your meet? Seriously, after seeing one today I have a feeling a Z will be in my future!
Old 08-30-2002, 09:04 PM
Touring6MT_Z
Charter Member #49

Default Re: Z Texas....

Originally posted by atcga
Tell me your lieing.....because they are telling me mine is not there. I called again tonight at 8:45 and the truck still hasn't shown up. Did he mention that it was mine?????????
this could get real interesting....
atcga,

Sorry to hear that your Z didn't show up tonight. I saw your VIN showed up on South Point inventory. When did it showed up, today or yesterday. I talked to a coworker around noon yesterday who got his Z last Friday, 2 days after his VIN showed up on his dealer inventory. He told me around noon that yours should arrive soon and it did. Hopefully, yours will be there very soon too.

z_texas did say "just kidding".
Old 08-30-2002, 09:23 PM
gmoneyr1
Charter Member #47

My car (PPW touring & area kit) is due to arrive in a couple of weeks. I sure hope it comes in sooner. I'd love to get with you other Z'ers one of these night/days around Austin.

Art (the internet sales manager) is doing his best to keep me posted therefore I don't bother him too much. I did get to see the 2 Z's that came in (PPW & Silver). The pics didn't do the cars any justice. The car is far more attractive in person. I can't wait to get mine. So, when and where are we going to all meet up. I sure don't want to park my car on 6th street and have some college frat boys get drunk, start fighting, and end up on the hood of my car. I'd probably need my fellow Z'ers to bail me out of jail for going postal on them...lol
Old 08-31-2002, 08:33 AM
Chris S

Anyone know why South Point is getting all the Z action in Austin? They're the only dealership I've know of w/ Z's in inventory to check out, and it seems like most local folks are getting them there.

Did the Maxwell dealerships try to rip everyone off or something?
Old 08-31-2002, 08:39 AM
gmoneyr1
Charter Member #47

Actually I have a friend who lives in Roundrock and he said that he'd gone by a dearlship up there (not sure which one) and seen a Daytona blue Z last week.

It does seems that South Point seems to have more coming in (earlier) than everyone else. Glad I ordered mine thru them
Old 08-31-2002, 10:26 AM
jran76

I can meet anytime in the next couple weeks, then I am on the road for 3 weeks (Taiwan, Japan and Singapore )

I would like to see a few other cars, and Chris I would say your S2K is welcome. I will never turn down I nice car... I might try to call you Sunday, I should be free all day.

Good luck guys, and I will see some of you in the future.... I am glad to see there a quite a few people on here from Austin.
Old 09-02-2002, 01:38 PM
Touring6MT_Z
Charter Member #49

Originally posted by jran76
I got there yesterday (Thurs) when they were unloading mine, and I waited till it was ready. My salesman was not there, but hey took care of me. I ended up financing through Nissan (had a peoplefirst loan), they matched the peoplefirst loan rate, they also left the front plate off for me.

I can't even express how great the car is, so I won't waste everyone's time, but

I would be more than happy to let a few people to check it out, I should be free most of the weekend, and most of next week...

There were at least 2 others up there, a CS and white, maybe even 2 CS's....
jran,

I got to Southpoint around 6:00pm last Thursday to pick up mine CS Touring. Look like both our cars came in together that day. Any problems with yours. I got a rattling in the back of the car and the Bose subwoofer and buzzing with distortion when the bass kick in.
Old 09-02-2002, 01:53 PM
Touring6MT_Z
Charter Member #49

Originally posted by Chris S
Anyone know why South Point is getting all the Z action in Austin? They're the only dealership I've know of w/ Z's in inventory to check out, and it seems like most local folks are getting them there.

Did the Maxwell dealerships try to rip everyone off or something?
Chris,

My experience could be one of the reason. I went to Maxwell Round Rock first in early January before Nissan annouced the MSRP. They were getting ready to take order but were waiting for Nissan to annouce the pre-order program along with the MSRP. After Nissan annoucement, Maxwell asked me to fill in the order form but decline to give me a price. They told me that they are waiting to see how many preorders they are getting and then will determine the pricing (aka gouging) policy. Then I contacted Southpoint, they told me MSRP, no hidden fee, no unwanted options. I drove down to Southpoint right away, they wrote up the sale contract, I put down $1,000 deposit. All within 2 hours with no haggling. The preorder follow up and my car status from Southpoint is a little poor, but I can't complain about their no-gouging policy.

If your offer to trade ride still on (after your trade with jran), I might want to take up on your offer next weekend. I am busying have fun with mine so far.
Old 09-02-2002, 02:04 PM
Chris S

Originally posted by Touring6MT_Z
If your offer to trade ride still on (after your trade with jran), I might want to take up on your offer next weekend. I am busying have fun with mine so far.
Touring6MT_Z,

The offer is still on, but next weekend won't work unless you want to drive up to Cresson, TX (I didn't think so...), where I'll be tracking my car Sat/Sun @ TX Motorsports Ranch.

http://www.thedriversedge.net

http://www.motorsportranch.com

Quick Reply: Anyine in Austin get theirs