Sponsored by:

2007 Solar Orange

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 05:14 PM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Greddytwin350Z
In flurescent light my blue jeans look good! But they dont look better in the sun light!!! It is a bland color just like an old highway cone. I saw it personally in the sunlight. After you personally have seen it in the sun then say your opinion, not a "it would probably look statement"! I am not bashing the color. To each thier own. Being different is what its all about. I have seen all the special one year colors in person except the special silver. If the op chooses that color he probably wont see another. If I was the only one who thought the color was bland dont you think you would see more? There is a reason its rare and its not the cost. To buy Interlogos fire in 06 it was like a $600- $800 paint upgrade. But I see more of them than any of the colors.
My point was I saw it under those conditions and it didn't look like a flat "highway construction cone" bland orange. Under the sunlight, it should have the same nice semi-metallic color I saw. Being a one-year color and a limited production run, I haven't had a chance to see one in person because I don't know anyone who has one in the tri-state area. Maybe the one you saw wasn't clean or wasn't taken good care of externally?

To me, I thought the Interlagos Fire was not eye-pleasing, because of the brown hue it sometimes had. I wanted the Brickyard Red when I was first looking at getting a Z, but I found out I'd have to buy a used 2003 as it was the only year it was produced.

Like you said though, to each their own. Obviously the owner would not purchase a car in a color they don't like. In the end, if the owner is happy, thats all that matters.

My .

Kwame -
Old 01-16-2010, 07:05 PM
ascotflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Solar Orange Pearl

Solar Orange Pearl or paint code sopa53 is a great color! I own a 07' and love the color and the effects from it in the sun light. Certain colors enhance the shape of cars looks, and this color does the Z justice. And only 500 were produced for stateside.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:51 AM
Greddytwin350Z

Originally Posted by ascotflyer
Solar Orange Pearl or paint code sopa53 is a great color! I own a 07' and love the color and the effects from it in the sun light. Certain colors enhance the shape of cars looks, and this color does the Z justice. And only 500 were produced for stateside.
I am not 100% sure but wasnt it a color that could be ordered? If so there is no limit on its production! Its not a special trim or package. Its just a normal production color choice for 2007. I have never read anywhere except from buyers of the color that its a limited color. Was this info told to you by the salesman who sold you the car? Sounds fishy!
Old 01-17-2010, 07:59 AM
nismomike

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not gonna lie, and I understand if I get bashed for this, but I was actually contemplating, down the road, with my nismo to have it painted Solar Orange. But thats if the seemingly sh!itty paint Nissan uses breaks down and just doesnt look up to showroom quality. Personally, I think the solar orange closely resembles the colors that Lotus uses, as well as the Porsche GT3 RS. Not exact, but its close to that exotic look. I think if done right, the Nismo in solar orange could look good. Only saying it if I ever wanted a repaint in any other color but stock. just my opinion.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:25 AM
Greddytwin350Z

According to a 2007 dealer brochure it lists it as one of the factory color choices. So it being a limited # color choice is false!!!! I wont dissagree that there is only 500 made that color but the reason is a dealer was scared to order it and have it sit on the lot with the fear that no one would buy it. Thats also the reason why I have only seen them in Enth or base models. Has anyone ever seen one in Grand Touring or even Tour trim? When I ordered my 06 Grand Touring from Fitzgerald auto mall I was told by the sales manager that the owner would never order a GT to keep on the lot. For the reason that its the most exspensive model and it leaves a lot of overhead when it sits on the lot. I was also told that I ordered/bought the only 06 GT they sold that year! I cant confirm but who knows.

The only Solar Orange I saw was clean and shiny as we were at a AAM car show. I wouldnt compare to a Lambo orange. As to me that specific hue is a very deep orange. The solar orange is a lighter hue. I didnt notice any metalic in it but it was in the very back corner of the lot next to the dumpster (if you have been to AAM), some what shaded. But color is always different to different people. The fact of the matter is it will go down as a very rare color (probably the rarest) due to dealers not having them on the lot, NOT FOR IT BEING A LIMITED PRODUCTION COLOR! So if being different and rarity is your taste, go for it.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:36 AM
NISMO_558

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^ I've seen a grand touring in solar orange
Old 01-17-2010, 10:14 AM
ascotflyer

Thumbs up Solar Pearl Orange

The solar orange pearl is a 3 stage paint which contains a metallic infused clear coat on the final stage. As it was said in one of the replies, dealers did not load their inventories with this color, which is true. This color is not for everybody, so dealers fill their inventory with the colors that sell the most. As for primarily base cars coming in this color no idea, my car is a highly optioned touring edition for the record.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:41 AM
Kwame

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

FWIW the NISMO edition was offered in Solar Orange in Japan.

Edit: Some pictures...

Last edited by Kwame; 01-17-2010 at 10:54 AM.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:01 PM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Greddytwin350Z
I am not 100% sure but wasnt it a color that could be ordered? If so there is no limit on its production! Its not a special trim or package. Its just a normal production color choice for 2007. I have never read anywhere except from buyers of the color that its a limited color. Was this info told to you by the salesman who sold you the car? Sounds fishy!
Your not understanding the point. Its a limited color in the sense that it was available for only one year. Just like the rest of the one-year colors... Brickyard Red, Liquid Aluminum, Ultra Yellow, Interlagos Fire, etc. Every year those colors were available, it always cost more to add that color on if you wanted it, so technically it could be considered a special item. Besides, if Nissan made 10k Z's in 2007 and only specifically produced 500 Solar Oranges, thats only 5% of the total output. I'd say thats pretty rare!
Old 01-17-2010, 12:14 PM
Greddytwin350Z

^ Agreed, I thought people were saying it was a limited (500) edition. Not limited or special but just not bought/ordered. Whats the rarest color in your guys opinion? I would have to say SO! I see several of the other colors except liquid aluminum.
Old 01-17-2010, 01:27 PM
ascotflyer

Cool Color Rarity

As said before, there were only 500 release for stateside sales. If you were to measure the total production number of 350z's produced in 2007 and filter out the solar orange pearl z's, yes it would be a limited numbered color by production numbers. As for being the rarest colors avail, only the resale market knows.
Old 01-17-2010, 01:39 PM
Kwame

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I believe Liquid Aluminum is by far the rarest color. It was a $1000 option back in '04 which I think is the most any of the special order colors have cost. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited by Kwame; 01-18-2010 at 12:17 PM.
Old 01-17-2010, 02:05 PM
NISMO_558

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Kwame@z1Auto
I believe Liquid Aluminum is by far the rarest color. It was a $1000 option back in '04 which I think is the most any of the special order colors have cost. Someone correct be if I am wrong.
In this thread https://my350z.com/forum/new-owners/...-the-350z.html most people are saying liquid aluminum, but in the end who really gives a rats @ss, it's not the color but the car itself that holds the value.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:29 AM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Kwame@z1Auto
I believe Liquid Aluminum is by far the rarest color. It was a $1000 option back in '04 which I think is the most any of the special order colors have cost. Someone correct be if I am wrong.
Yeah you almost never see a Liquid Aluminum. I saw once in person once when I went to test drive a Z. It was a crazy nice color. When the sun hit it, it turned whitish.

I don't see too many Brickyards either, especially being the older one-off color.

Last edited by Armitage; 01-18-2010 at 11:30 AM.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:35 PM
Dr. Venture

Originally Posted by adamciya350

this is by far the greatest post i have ever seen since being on a forum!
Old 01-21-2010, 06:43 PM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Never mind. I thought this was important to you. Important enough to say “thanks” or simply reply.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:08 PM
urban customs

i used to own a solar orange

and let me tell you. this was 2 years ago and to this date ive only seen 2 on the road i believe. it is a rare and beautiful color. i sold mine with 1800 miles pretty much brand new for 26k. some guy came from canada to buy it and have it shipped back there.
Old 01-24-2010, 04:19 AM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by urban customs
some guy came from canada to buy it and have it shipped back there.
That's dedication, haha. I know how it is though. I bought mine in Miami, flew down and drove it back up to NJ.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:09 AM
onagao

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess "Solar" had a better ring to it.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:48 AM
Dr. Venture

if someone were to make a thread saying that was the worst color paint job ever on a Z i'd understand.

Personally, i do not like the color. Gives the Z an un-classy look.

Last edited by Dr. Venture; 09-30-2010 at 04:44 AM.

Quick Reply: 2007 Solar Orange