Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

2007 Solar Orange

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 06:47 PM
1fine8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Solar Orange

I am looking to get a 2007 solar orange Z. I understand it was a one year only color.

I have found a production number of 18.9K for the year but want to know if Nissan has any production numbers broken down by color and trim level?

Does anyone know how many solar orange cars were made in 2007?
Old 01-12-2010, 06:58 PM
kennedy

buddy just sold his with mods you could of bought for cheap!
Old 01-12-2010, 07:03 PM
JEKL

Originally Posted by 1fine8
I am looking to get a 2007 solar orange Z. I understand it was a one year only color.

I have found a production number of 18.9K for the year but want to know if Nissan has any production numbers broken down by color and trim level?

Does anyone know how many solar orange cars were made in 2007?
If memory serves me correctly, 500 Solar Orange Zs were made. As far as the other colors, I have never seen data on that.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:37 PM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Find a orange 350Z. Make the owner an offer. There you go.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:52 PM
JEKL

Originally Posted by davidv
Find a orange 350Z. Make the owner an offer. There you go.
And that will tell him how many of each color were produced in 2007? Interesting theory david. A stupid theory, but still interesting.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:58 PM
adamciya350

heres your answer:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+many+solar+...50zs+were+made
Old 01-12-2010, 08:02 PM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by adamciya350
I like how you do that.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:24 PM
konaforever

It pointed to this thread, and he found it.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:09 PM
Mike@Blackline
Banned

only 500? wow thats rarer than i thought. such an odd color to mod though. good luck chief
Old 01-13-2010, 02:52 AM
halfass872

There's probably some brand new one's still sitting on the dealer's lot!
Old 01-13-2010, 06:50 AM
1fine8

Originally Posted by Mike@Blackline
only 500? wow thats rarer than i thought. such an odd color to mod though. good luck chief
I am missing the thread where Nissan released the production numbers for the solar orange color.
All I can find is a previous owner who sold their solar orange and "claimed" it was limited in production to only 500 vehicles and it was a $500.00 option.

Does Nissan release the color production numbers along with trim options?
Old 01-13-2010, 07:11 AM
blktrack350

fail it sends u to this thread as the first option
Old 01-13-2010, 08:31 AM
JEKL

Originally Posted by blktrack350
fail it sends u to this thread as the first option
Two big failed attempts at being a smart *** in this thread.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:51 PM
Greddytwin350Z

Have you personally seen a solar orange? Its a very bland hue. Like an old traffic cone. Probably the least favorite one year colors. I like Brickyard the best, then yellow. I talked to a guy at the spring car show at AAM who had one. He said he saw it on the lot and had to have it. It was an Enthusiat model. I know that color is going to be rarer than most in the future. I asked him why he didnt order a more loaded model to get it in. He said he didnt think about it before. Then he was pizzed at himself. I give you an a for effort for being different. It takes big ones to stand out like that. On a different note there was one listed several times on Ebay in Canada (I believe) that had a complete Nismo body kit on it. It didnt look to bad. And just checked there is another list in Canada with a V.3 rear bumper. They are out there if your willing to go get it!
Old 01-13-2010, 08:32 PM
bodayguy

I've never seen an official production number for Solar Orange. I've read the 500 suggestion before, but I'm not sure. That seems low. I would guess less than 1,000 for certain.
It was a $500 option and only for 2007.

I've started to add some carbon fiber bits to mine and I think it's a nice combination.
Great color.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:00 AM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Greddytwin350Z
Have you personally seen a solar orange? Its a very bland hue. Like an old traffic cone. Probably the least favorite one year colors. I like Brickyard the best, then yellow. I talked to a guy at the spring car show at AAM who had one. He said he saw it on the lot and had to have it. It was an Enthusiat model. I know that color is going to be rarer than most in the future. I asked him why he didnt order a more loaded model to get it in. He said he didnt think about it before. Then he was pizzed at himself. I give you an a for effort for being different. It takes big ones to stand out like that. On a different note there was one listed several times on Ebay in Canada (I believe) that had a complete Nismo body kit on it. It didnt look to bad. And just checked there is another list in Canada with a V.3 rear bumper. They are out there if your willing to go get it!
The first (and only) time I've ever seen Solar Orange was at the NYIAS and it was under fluorescent lighting and it was far from bland. Out in the sun it would likely have a beautiful sheen about it.

However, if I was going to have an orange Z, I would likely select a custom orange to paint the car, like a Lambo or Lotus orange.
Old 01-16-2010, 01:23 PM
Greddytwin350Z

Originally Posted by Armitage
The first (and only) time I've ever seen Solar Orange was at the NYIAS and it was under fluorescent lighting and it was far from bland. Out in the sun it would likely have a beautiful sheen about it.

However, if I was going to have an orange Z, I would likely select a custom orange to paint the car, like a Lambo or Lotus orange.
In flurescent light my blue jeans look good! But they dont look better in the sun light!!! It is a bland color just like an old highway cone. I saw it personally in the sunlight. After you personally have seen it in the sun then say your opinion, not a "it would probably look statement"! I am not bashing the color. To each thier own. Being different is what its all about. I have seen all the special one year colors in person except the special silver. If the op chooses that color he probably wont see another. If I was the only one who thought the color was bland dont you think you would see more? There is a reason its rare and its not the cost. To buy Interlogos fire in 06 it was like a $600- $800 paint upgrade. But I see more of them than any of the colors.
Old 01-16-2010, 01:38 PM
konaforever

If I was the only one who thought the color was bland dont you think you would see more? There is a reason its rare and its not the cost. To buy Interlogos fire in 06 it was like a $600- $800 paint upgrade. But I see more of them than any of the colors.
Silver is the most popular color. Are you saying it's not the most bland?

Orange isn't popular in general, no matter how good an orange it is. It's just not for most people.
Old 01-16-2010, 03:44 PM
Kwame

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

In flurescent light my blue jeans look good! But they dont look better in the sun light!!! It is a bland color just like an old highway cone. I saw it personally in the sunlight. After you personally have seen it in the sun then say your opinion, not a "it would probably look statement"! I am not bashing the color. To each thier own. Being different is what its all about. I have seen all the special one year colors in person except the special silver. If the op chooses that color he probably wont see another. If I was the only one who thought the color was bland dont you think you would see more? There is a reason its rare and its not the cost. To buy Interlogos fire in 06 it was like a $600- $800 paint upgrade. But I see more of them than any of the colors.
Your rationale in this post is completely flawed.
  1. He stated that Solar Orange was "far from bland" and that it likely "would have a beautiful sheen about it." Now unless you wear somewhat feminine jeans that have a sheen to them or you iron your jeans using a lot of starch your comparison is a farce.
  2. Stating that the color looks "like an old highway cone" is bashing the color anyway you look at it.
  3. Whether or not a color is bland is not the sole factor that most people use when picking out a color for their new car. Louder colors, such as solar orange, are not common color choices for most vehicle owners for the simple fact that they attract too much unwanted attention. It's rare because it's too loud for most people, not because it is bland.
Old 01-16-2010, 05:06 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

try calling Nissan, they may have a record of how many were sent to the US

Quick Reply: 2007 Solar Orange