Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Nissan Extended Service

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 02:23 PM
JR350z08

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this is ALL off topic from what the OP has asked, but maybe helpful to another HR Z owner with similar problems.

Originally Posted by mistanismo
I don't know *anyone* who'se had as many transmission replacements as you have, HR or DE.
I don't either... thats why Im on here asking and see what others have to say or if someone else is having the same or similar problems.

The CSC is a relatively simple fix, I do not understand how you're allocating blame to a single part of hydraulic assembly to your entire transmission 4x... you need far more detail.
Yes its a simple fix, but since this is one major problem with the HR trannys. Could it not cause a long term effect to where with months of the CSC slightly failing more and more that it cause the clutch to not fully disengage and slowly burn out the clutch. Or put strain on the gears due to the CSC not having enough pressure when someone pushed their clutch? Thats why I said i think it has to deal with or start with the CSC being a problem. You can rule it out just cause it a easy fix.

Who burnt out their clutch at 3k that wasn't an idiot? Honestly? The pedal sticking issue relative to the CSC is not a BURN OUT problem... and it can easily be rectified... define 'burn out'?
Yes your right there are idiot that can burn out the clutch at just 3K. There is a person here on the forums that has a HR and when he was at the light and tried to take off when it turned green his Z didnt move... I think it caused him to stall out... he had pushed his Z to the gas station down the road and had it towed to nissan... His CSC was to blame and it burnt out his clutch. Sadly i cant find the thread where he posted it cause seems like alot of the old threads in the HR thread section has been deleted. Also do i really need to define what a burnt out clutch means? I'm not trying to be an *** hole. Just trying to cover all angles of what else could it be.

It strikes me as odd that there's a problem, but no one knows what it is, and all you allude to refence wise it a little bit of notchyness? The Z tranny isn't the smoothest, period.
I know our tranny isn't the smoothest. When I said that shifting became Clunky is when I started to notice the vibration noise that wasn't my fly wheel Cause you still hear it if i push the clutch in. I want to pull the tranny my self and take it to my friend speed shop to do a diagnostic but cant due to the warranty.

My shifter vibrates a little at certain RPM on downshifts.. I don't feel it in the car. My 03 did this. Everyone one of my friends Zs does this... does that mean each of us should have our transmission replaced?
mine does the same...I asked about this when I first experience it. but if your coming off as a smart @zz here then... IDK go see if nissan will warranty it.

Your grind is the only issue that really is relative to transmission. Your pedal got stuck? Hydraulic assembly or ball/bearing issue.
The Grind in 5th Just happen about 2 weeks ago. I know that the tranny for sure. My clutch only got stuck when I had the First tranny and CSC.

Vibration noise? Abnormal however.

Now, I'd say go to another dealer if you haven't already, get them to do the replace, and hopefully talk to someone who knows how to actually diagnose a problem before they rip your car apart and put a new one in there so the same thing doesn't happen again...?
I thought about it but 1 out of the 4 are known for messing up cars. they had a Z fall off the lift when up in the air. The second, where I bought the car I had gotten into a verbal fight with the head of there service department cause they just didnt want to check my Z under warranty, the CSC issue(first tranny problem) They wanted to charge me $600 in labor to pull the tranny and look at it. 3 hrs to take it down and 3 hrs to put it back. The dealer I take it now to has tried to help me since day one and they had other HR Z's come in with the same or simular problems.

What I'm planing now is once they put the 4th one in I'm gonna upgrade the gear oil, put a SS clutch line, a new clutch and upgrade my clutch fluid. Hopefuly no more issues. cause then I'm gonna have to go the lemon law route.