Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Nissan Extended Service

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 07:25 PM
PaulyG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nissan Extended Service

Traded my 08 enth for an 07 GT. I agreed to a Nissan Extended service agreement when I bouth it two months ago, Yesterday I finally received the actual agreement and I'm not feelin the language they use. Does anyone have this Extended Agreement from Nissan or have any opinions as to its worth? Mine is for three years or until 75000 miles (16k on it now). Just want to know if anyone has experiences when claims arise.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:34 PM
Mike@Blackline
Banned

i have one and havent used it yet. i have the gold package which will comp you for the hotel food and rental if the car breaks down under a warranty-covered item
Old 01-13-2010, 08:38 PM
NismoZ_840

Mind sharing what you paid? Have any links to Terms and conditions online or willing to scan your's? Is it transferable? I was going to look into this this year. Thanks!

Last edited by NismoZ_840; 01-13-2010 at 08:40 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:11 AM
JR350z08

I bought the 6 years/100,000 mile coverage when i bought my Z new... i havent had to use it but my only issue is the tranny... Im on my 3rd tranny and looks like im about to go back and get a 4th one... I DD my Z and is at 47k on a 08. I still have the clutch when it came off the factory line. the more i search around and talk to HR owners most are having the same problem and are on there 2nd tranny.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:36 AM
PaulyG

Four tranny's in 47k miles!! That's unbelievable. I paid 1999 I think for three years, or 35 or so a month? Well I wont cancel it if there is a consensus that HR's have tranny problems, I havent seen anything about that elsewhere on the site. I cant scan my policy but it seems like the language fails to include what is covered, only what is not and requries a "mech breakdown".
Old 01-14-2010, 03:32 PM
ms350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, 4 transmissions on an HR Z?! And everybody says the 03 has such a terrible tranny, but here I am with 69k miles on my 03 on the original tranny.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:55 PM
singh

my tranny is holding up great
Old 01-14-2010, 05:34 PM
NismoZ_840

Originally Posted by JR350z08
I bought the 6 years/100,000 mile coverage when i bought my Z new... i havent had to use it but my only issue is the tranny... Im on my 3rd tranny and looks like im about to go back and get a 4th one... I DD my Z and is at 47k on a 08. I still have the clutch when it came off the factory line. the more i search around and talk to HR owners most are having the same problem and are on there 2nd tranny.
Good to know. I've never liked the loud transmission rattle that is supposedly "normal."
Old 01-14-2010, 08:13 PM
weblair24

I have an '05 that just broke 50K, currently waiting for notification from my dealer that my new tranny is in so they can get it installed.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:12 AM
winchman

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

One more reason to have the automatic.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:51 AM
dirtbikr

Originally Posted by winchman
QFT although I hate mine because of the fact it's an auto, it sure has been a reliable part of the car.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:46 AM
crg914

Originally Posted by singh
my tranny is holding up great
Mine too.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:12 AM
JR350z08

Originally Posted by PaulyG
Four tranny's in 47k miles!! That's unbelievable. I paid 1999 I think for three years, or 35 or so a month? Well I wont cancel it if there is a consensus that HR's have tranny problems, I havent seen anything about that elsewhere on the site. I cant scan my policy but it seems like the language fails to include what is covered, only what is not and requries a "mech breakdown".
I know 4 other HR owners that come to meets and stuff and 3 of them have had there tranny replaced... the HR tranny problems start with the CSC...
there are a few other HR owners on here that have had there trannys and clutch replaced. From the first two i tried to find out what failed or broke or went wrong and nissan said they really didn't know but knew that the problems weren't normal. Im gonna try to make them give me a new clutch now since this is my 4th tranny going in...

I asked what is covered in the extended coverage. I was told what ever is a lubricated working moving part... bearings motor tranny diff axles....
Old 01-16-2010, 02:50 AM
drivessidewayz

Originally Posted by NismoZ_840
Good to know. I've never liked the loud transmission rattle that is supposedly "normal."
Nissan master tech told me this is the clutch, not tranny.
Old 01-16-2010, 04:11 AM
0jiggy0

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Wow 4 trannies. Im only at 16k and my car is on weekend status. I have the service plan though.
Old 01-16-2010, 04:26 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

04, 85K miles.....lots of autoX and Drifting - original tranny.....

Trying to decifer from the forums what exactly is going on is uber impossible...i would more so like to know what the mechanic finds in each and every one of these replaced trannies that was the cause for it to be gone and require R&R......then maybe we can have an actual pronosis of whats to blame...

a simple "my car is an hr with x miles and x number of trannies" - really doesn't help nor allows the blanket to be thrown to say or infer that "ALL" HR's have tranny problems or more-so over any other year model...

if i blow a tranny ill be at the junk yard trying to get two for the price of one so i would have another spare down the road........

-J
Old 01-16-2010, 10:35 AM
ms350z

Originally Posted by winchman
Following that train of thought, why not just switch to an automatic honda civic and you'll really never have anything to worry about Like I said, my 03 w/ almost 70k miles is doing great on the original tranny and I would NEVER trade it for an automatic for any reason. To each their own.
Old 01-18-2010, 04:05 AM
JR350z08

Originally Posted by JasonZ-YA
04, 85K miles.....lots of autoX and Drifting - original tranny.....

Trying to decifer from the forums what exactly is going on is uber impossible...i would more so like to know what the mechanic finds in each and every one of these replaced trannies that was the cause for it to be gone and require R&R......then maybe we can have an actual pronosis of whats to blame...

a simple "my car is an hr with x miles and x number of trannies" - really doesn't help nor allows the blanket to be thrown to say or infer that "ALL" HR's have tranny problems or more-so over any other year model...

if i blow a tranny ill be at the junk yard trying to get two for the price of one so i would have another spare down the road........

-J

Well for one, my expiation of what year Z I have with how many miles on it and what number tranny Im on, was to give out as much information as possible so that not everyone is asking those question, and etc. Second HR Z are subject to a CSC recall. Nissan says to have fixed the problem with a upgraded part. But even with the upgrade still fails. With that being said, 07 to 08 model Z's have different tranny from the DE's and DE Revup. From 1 Different bolt pattern and 2 the slave cylinder is inside on the output shaft. So I think we can say there is some sort of defect on the 07 to 08 model Z tranny.

Different HR owners who have had problems with their trannys have had there clutch burn out at 3k. Others when they went to put it in gear, it was as if it was stuck in neutral, wouldn't go in gear. Some when driving and switching gears the clutch would stay stuck, or when they went to take off in first gear. All slightly different problems with the HR but all had failed CSC's... I had asked what was wrong on the 2 trannys that where replaced, to see what was the problem and nissan said they didn't know. I'm thinking that with the CSC failing is it causing and has cause other things to get damage such as the tranny and clutch. I had also asked about my clutch cause my first problem was that my clutch was getting stuck and they said that it looked fine. The problem Im having now is that there is a vibration noise coming from the tranny and once I started to hear the noise I notice that shifting was a bit clunky. What was funny was the noise and the clunky shifting would come and go randomly. But now my 5th gear starting to grind. So the Z going back sometime this week when I find a Day off to take it.

Hope this gives more information about my problem with the HR, If you didnt already know about any of this...
Old 01-18-2010, 04:57 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Never mind. I thought this was important to you. Important enough to say “thanks” or simply reply.

Last edited by davidv; 01-21-2010 at 06:47 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 10:14 AM
mistanismo

I don't know *anyone* who'se had as many transmission replacements as you have, HR or DE.

The CSC is a relatively simple fix, I do not understand how you're allocating blame to a single part of hydraulic assembly to your entire transmission 4x... you need far more detail.

Who burnt out their clutch at 3k that wasn't an idiot? Honestly? The pedal sticking issue relative to the CSC is not a BURN OUT problem... and it can easily be rectified... define 'burn out'?

It strikes me as odd that there's a problem, but no one knows what it is, and all you allude to refence wise it a little bit of notchyness? The Z tranny isn't the smoothest, period.

My shifter vibrates a little at certain RPM on downshifts.. I don't feel it in the car. My 03 did this. Everyone one of my friends Zs does this... does that mean each of us should have our transmission replaced?

Your grind is the only issue that really is relative to transmission. Your pedal got stuck? Hydraulic assembly or ball/bearing issue.

Vibration noise? Abnormal however.

Now, I'd say go to another dealer if you haven't already, get them to do the replace, and hopefully talk to someone who knows how to actually diagnose a problem before they rip your car apart and put a new one in there so the same thing doesn't happen again...?

Quick Reply: Nissan Extended Service