Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Who was parked at Fashion Island in Irvine CA tonight in the Corner of the lot?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2003, 10:20 PM
dchengmd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by z0ner
You don't need to post in this thread then if it's so pointless. Recognition by a fellow board member promotes the spirit of the Z.
What exactly is this 'spirit' that you're talking about? Just because I buy a particular car model does not stereotype me into any class/type of person, but just in case I'm missing something, I'd like to hear what kind of 'spirit' I should be exhibiting.

Honestly, I love the car, but it in the 3 weeks I've had it I've gotten sick of people rolling down their windows, honking, and trying other ways to get my attention to ask about the car or tell me how nice they think it is. It literally happens every day at least once. I've pretty much stopped driving with the window down because of it.

It was a thrill at first, but now it's just annoying. I'm not that vain or superficial that I need to boost my ego fishing for compliments about the car I drive. I like it and I like driving it, and that's good enough for me. So I can kind of see SweatyPalm's point - which is, there isn't one, really.
Old 10-23-2003, 10:27 PM
KONVERTER

hrm... well if you dont want recognition from other z members what are you doing on the board?

letme see.. ive had my z since april... drivin over 16500 miles... and some people glance at the car... when i first got it i got a few comments while getting out of it... like nice car... or is that a porche...

where are you driving?
Old 10-23-2003, 10:46 PM
z0ner

Originally posted by dchengmd
What exactly is this 'spirit' that you're talking about?
Honestly, if you had to ask then you shouldn't be trolling around in this thread anyway. You should start a new thread titled "I'm an arrogant *** that doesn't like the positive attention I get from my Z so I'm getting a Hyundai"
Old 10-24-2003, 05:04 AM
dchengmd

Originally posted by KONVERTER
hrm... well if you dont want recognition from other z members what are you doing on the board?

letme see.. ive had my z since april... drivin over 16500 miles... and some people glance at the car... when i first got it i got a few comments while getting out of it... like nice car... or is that a porche...

where are you driving?
I'm here because I enjoy commiserating with other fellow Z owners, finding out answers to questions I have about driving the car and the car itself, get good advice and tips on how to care for the car, and finally, just to talk about the car itself. I'm certainly not here to stroke my own ego or to boost my self-esteem (from members OR non-members) based merely on the car I choose to drive. If that's why you're here, then more power to you - I have no problem with that. Just throwing in a different point of view. That's all I'm saying.

As for where I drive, I'm up here in the Torrance/PV/Long Beach area. Not an awful lot of Zs around, which is probably why there's a lot of curiosity about the car. Usually happens during my commute from work.

Last edited by dchengmd; 10-24-2003 at 05:14 AM.
Old 10-24-2003, 05:13 AM
dchengmd

Originally posted by z0ner
Honestly, if you had to ask then you shouldn't be trolling around in this thread anyway. You should start a new thread titled "I'm an arrogant *** that doesn't like the positive attention I get from my Z so I'm getting a Hyundai"
Honestly, if you didn't know the answer to my question then you should have just said so. I really am curious how owning a certain type of car automatically fits me into some preset category where I'm supposed to behave a certain way. I don't see how getting tired of people trying to get my attention during my drive makes me arrogant. Personally, I think driving around trying to direct attention to yourself is a more arrogant thing to do.

So I don't like the positive attention I get sometimes. It doesn't mean I don't enjoy the car, so why should I buy a different one? I didn't buy a Z for the attention - it's obvious that you did. If seeing people gawk at you somehow makes your life worth living more, then hey, it's your life. I've got other less obvious things that make me happy.

And I'll jump into any thread that I see fit. Just because YOU don't like my responses doesn't mean it's my duty to keep quiet. You have your reasons for posting/reading here, so do I. If you really think I'm being inappropriate, then whine to the moderators. But your acting like a moderator here makes you more of an arrogant *** than you think I'm being.