Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Starting to modify the 350z..slowly but surely...

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 07:04 AM
03LeMans350zed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jFran
Nice first mod

I just got my new 08 z, and I want to put some pc's but i have heard so many bad things about them =x.
some of them look nice. haven't really read anything bad about them. it all depends on the set up I guess. I just installed the Pioneer P4100DVD and I love it. If you are looking for DVD functionality with MP3 CDs then this unit is great for it. Plus it has a nice touchscreen with sweet controls. You can also add units to it, bluetooth, rear view camera... etc etc.

Originally Posted by RoTors350Z
you might as well start looking for your second and third job for the other mods that will start gnawing at your conscience and have you shaking in a cold sweat....
3 jobs mehhhh but i sure was thinking about a secondary job to get this process going faster.

I have an exhaust waiting to be installed. Buddy has some springs. Then wheel spacers and paint the wheels. I think it should be fine until I do other things. But MODing sure does get addictive. I was addicted to MODing my S14
Old 02-14-2010, 07:32 AM
03LeMans350zed

Pioneer P4100DVD. Installed it yesterday. I need to move the unit down a bit. Whenever the screen opens and closes it pushes on the top trim panel. I used the Metra install kit and Metra wire harness.

Here is a sneak peak of the Momentum Performance exhaust.

Old 02-14-2010, 07:46 AM
TSG-Z

Where in NC do you stay? We're having a G/Z/GTR meet in Gboro next weekend.
Old 02-14-2010, 08:01 AM
03LeMans350zed

Originally Posted by TSG-Z
Where in NC do you stay? We're having a G/Z/GTR meet in Gboro next weekend.
I stay in Salisbury. Didn't ya'll have a meet last night? Buddy of mine told me about it and I don't know if he went last night. But sure I'm down. Where in the Boro is the meet?
Old 02-15-2010, 03:00 PM
hpka365

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're goin almost the exact same route I did.
I have the same head unit with the metra kit and mine doesn't rub at all. So I don't know what's goin on with that.
If you thought the intake sounds good,like I did,wait until you put the exhaust on.I just put the agency power single on and I'm convinced that single is the only way to go. Just remember,once you start you can't stop.
Old 02-15-2010, 05:58 PM
03LeMans350zed

Originally Posted by hpka365
You're goin almost the exact same route I did.
I have the same head unit with the metra kit and mine doesn't rub at all. So I don't know what's goin on with that.
If you thought the intake sounds good,like I did,wait until you put the exhaust on.I just put the agency power single on and I'm convinced that single is the only way to go. Just remember,once you start you can't stop.

Sweet. Yea, I cant wait to put my exhaust on. I know what you mean about not being able to stop. At one point when my S14 was down and out i was about to just spend another 10-15k to build a monster SR20 but then i lost my job

about the pioneer...it could have been where i moved the brackets up or down a bit where it caused that issue so i gotta check it out but thanks for letting me know

Last edited by 03LeMans350zed; 02-15-2010 at 06:56 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:39 AM
Mr-Sleeper-34

JWT pop charger FTW! I have one for my SE-R.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:57 PM
03LeMans350zed

Originally Posted by Mr-Sleeper-34
JWT pop charger FTW! I have one for my SE-R.
Old 02-20-2010, 01:55 PM
03LeMans350zed

Installed the Momentum Performance exhaust yesterday. Did bumper tuck today and removed the mud flaps.

Review and vids of the exhaust will be coming soon.

On to pics:

The exhaust sounds great. Wonderful craftsmanship from Momentum. This is the prototype version of the exhaust. It gets pretty loud but when cruising its not loud at all. I am very pleased with it.

Now I just need to get rid of the 4x4 status
Old 02-20-2010, 03:57 PM
hpka365

That looks great.
For the bumper tuck did you use the existing holes or did you drill it into that beam behind the bumper?
If you lower it,don't do it too much like I did. I can only take my car on roads that I know well and it gets annoying very quickly.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:00 PM
TheFarmer

Look'n good.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:35 PM
350ZTheStandard

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 03LeMans350zed
Pioneer P4100DVD. Installed it yesterday. I need to move the unit down a bit. Whenever the screen opens and closes it pushes on the top trim panel. I used the Metra install kit and Metra wire harness.

Here is a sneak peak of the Momentum Performance exhaust.

OP, does the restricted exhaust give you more WHP because it just looks like a fart can on a stock piece of 3" pipe with a name on it??? Not trying to be a dick, I just believe the Z breathes much better with true dual cat back exhaust & Crawford high flow cats.I do like the tuck though it still looks funny to me with just a single exhaust. Modding is addictive, nice starting point.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:57 AM
03LeMans350zed

Originally Posted by hpka365
That looks great.
For the bumper tuck did you use the existing holes or did you drill it into that beam behind the bumper?
If you lower it,don't do it too much like I did. I can only take my car on roads that I know well and it gets annoying very quickly.
one of my tabs was broke so i could only use the other tab and existing wholes. i drilled about 5 holes in the bumper to the reinforcement bar. it turned out good i like it. i hated that i had to drill but oh well what can you do. i plan on keeping this car for a long time. yea not trying to lower it too much. the roads in NC are not the greatest. got a buddy with some springs that will drop me around .9 inches all around. should be good.

Originally Posted by TheFarmer
Look'n good.
thanks bro

Originally Posted by 350ZTheStandard
OP, does the restricted exhaust give you more WHP because it just looks like a fart can on a stock piece of 3" pipe with a name on it??? Not trying to be a dick, I just believe the Z breathes much better with true dual cat back exhaust & Crawford high flow cats.I do like the tuck though it still looks funny to me with just a single exhaust. Modding is addictive, nice starting point.
no its cool. I've been a single exhaust fan for a while. Not really digging duals too much but on some 350z's it actually looks nice. The exhaust in my opinion is really nice. The tone on it is really aggressive. Tt is a bit loud but Bobby with Momentum told me that these exhaust are made for race only. So I figured it was going to be loud to begin with. Momentum makes all their exhausts in house and they are about to come out with some nice headers for our cars so be on the look out for those....and they won't be cheap Megan material/prices. Also, they will be coming out with true dual set ups. This was their prototype exhaust system that they gave to a lucky winner for Zdays last year and I happened to pick it up from a guy on the forums here for next to nothing . They take care in what they develope and try to do it right. Bobby was also a great guy to talk to. He sent me some free stuff so that I could put the exhaust on. Didn't have the clips and gasket, also added some shirts from Momentum. Great guy. As far as WHP's I did notice a bit of decrease in top end torque, it doesn't pull as hard when it was just with the JWT PopCharger but I think this was to be expected since I am still on stock headers, cats, and y pipe. I think with supporting MODs and a nice tune the set up that I am thinking should gain nice numbers. I really wished I could put it on the dyno right now to see if there were any gains or not but money is limited right now.
Old 02-27-2010, 02:52 PM
03LeMans350zed

Originally Posted by Therdee
No offense....

You should start on ::
1: Rims & lowering spring
2: Bodykits
3:exhaust & intake
4:interior
5:engine...

You have a exhaust but it is only single..it is better if dual exhaust..
And you start modding the interior, you should start modding exterior before interior,,,
haha none taken

lowering springs are getting picked up today. Then i will figure out rims.

Body kits are zeee gay if you ask me. im trying to stay simple and clean nothing to much. later on i want CF Seibon Lip kits and side skirts, but thats in the future. i don't have a money tree in the back yard so i work with what i got

again i got the exhaust next to nothing plus its a pretty decent exhaust for a single and just trying to give Momentum some exposure
Old 02-27-2010, 03:30 PM
03LeMans350zed

if you want cheap rims... XXR 521
and if you want EXPENSIVE RIMS ... WORKS SSR VOLK..&&

We have different styles though..

meeeehhhhhh to each its own bro

only cheap rims i would think about is the Rota P45Rs 18x9.5 with 12mm offset

other rims that i am really considering is the Enkei RPF1s, 5Zigen FN01R-C's or the 5Zigen Hyper 5ZRs (but these are like 2500 for the ones i want). With the right offsets of course
Old 02-28-2010, 10:09 AM
03LeMans350zed

blah offsets are crap and i really dont want twenkies
Old 03-03-2010, 04:53 PM
surfer05rdr

exhaust looks good bro, cant wait to hear it! There is nothing wrong with a single exhaust i personally think they look a whole lot better than half the TD exhaust on the market but thats just me.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:11 PM
03LeMans350zed

unless its the HKS TD those suckers are pure sex but thanks bro got some more things coming in soon haha
Old 03-03-2010, 05:27 PM
03LeMans350zed

double post haha
Old 03-05-2010, 08:12 AM
JEKL

The exhaust is looking good!

Quick Reply: Starting to modify the 350z..slowly but surely...