Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Hey Austin People!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2002, 09:52 AM
gmoneyr1
Charter Member #47

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be you do... Take care and have a safe trip to Austin. The people here are great. You'll love it.
Old 09-02-2002, 12:29 PM
Touring6MT_Z
Charter Member #49

Default Re: I will

Originally posted by atcga
I'll call him and see if he will help. BTW, how long was your car on Nissan's inventory gefore it was delivered??
Thanks to all the Austin Z fans for your help. It makes this a lot easier with friends.
atcga,

I responded to your question in my thread on Saturday, but look like you missed it.

I live in Round Rock (North of Austin) but with Austin address. Southpoint is 45 minutes from my house, so I can't just swing by to find what's in their lot. I am glad some other folks live near by and help you out.

My VIN showed up on Southpoint inventory on Tuesday (8/27). Art told me that mine will definitely be there that day (mine was scheduled for 8/26 delivery). However, only 3 of the Z were delivered around 8:30pm that day, mine wasn't one of them. The next morning (8/28) I called Steve David and told him about my dissatisfaction with inaccurate information. I asked him to get me real and accurate info. ao I don't have to sit around and wasting my time. He called me back within an hour and told me that he talked to Nissan and my vehicle delivery was moved to 8/28 (the same day I talked to him). I asked him about exactly what time the truck leave the Dallas distribution center and how far the truck from him dealership, he didn't know and promised to get me the info. He assinged Rene to keep in touch with me. but they can't get anything out of Nissan all day. My car didn't show up on 8/28 either, eventhough Steve David was told by Nissan. I called Rene the next morning, 8/29, and was told that Steve David is on the phone with Nissan and demanding explanation. No news all day until my car just showed up around 3:00pm.

So it took 2 days from the time my VIN showed up to the time the car showed up. I just met another 350Zer at work who bought his from Temple dealer (North of Austin), he told me that his took 2 days also.

Which day your VIN showed up on Southpoint inventory?

Last edited by Touring6MT_Z; 09-02-2002 at 12:33 PM.
Old 09-02-2002, 01:12 PM
Touring6MT_Z
Charter Member #49

Mine showed up Thursday morning. It's been 4 looong days so far and still no Z!!!
Unfortunately, you have the weekend and labor day in between which make it worse. Hopefully, yours will show up on Tuesday, which is 2 working days after Thursday. I can relate to your frustration.
Old 09-02-2002, 04:42 PM
Goober
Charter Member #57

Default Re: Glen

Thanks. I will definately email you. I hope it's real soon. I'm looking forward to getting out there. I'll take the same route as you. I'm in Dothan so I'll hook up with I65 west of town. How long is the trip??

Thanks again,
Greg
Heck, coming out of Dothan, I-10 may be quicker for you, then follow the rest of the directions outside of Houston on I-10. From Pcola, it took me around 12 hours to get to Austin.
Old 09-02-2002, 06:42 PM
gmoneyr1
Charter Member #47

Dude..... All I can say is "tear into some ***....". Them giving you the run around like that is total BS. I'd be down there scaring off potential buyers if they pulled that **** with me. Nothing like walking into a show room full of potential buyer 'loudly' voicing displeasure with customer service.

All I know is if my car is not here when they said it would be they'll be hate'n my *** by the end of the month.