Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Hey Austin People!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2002, 02:15 PM
Goober
Charter Member #57

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not an Austin person but visiting my parents here in the great city. The only ones they have are a silverstone enthusiast and a white touring (bought by someone in TN). Both are in the service garage out of the normal person's sight with no delivery trucks around. This was as of 4pm on Saturday.
Old 08-31-2002, 03:28 PM
jran76

who was your sales person? The sales manager is Jimmy Barnes, ask for him. He helped me out a ton, my salesperson was not there on Thursday when my Z came in....

Hope it all works out.... and if this helps, they were VERY concerned with what I would say on my customer servey, they mentioned it like 10+ times, so you may want to use that to get some service.
Old 09-01-2002, 06:17 PM
Touring6MT_Z
Charter Member #49

atcga,

Call the dealer GM, Steve David and tell him that you are unhappy with their service. However, he can't get anything from Nissan last Wednesday afternoon and Thursday either, until my car just showed up Thursday afternoon. At least you get a better service from his folks. I did after I talked to him twice.
Old 09-02-2002, 06:07 AM
z texas

Which one is yours? I really thought Art told me one that was there already was for a buyer in Alabama, and I imagine there aren't too many people in Alabama that buy their cars in Austin, TX. Tell me color, package, and transmission and I'll try to check tomorrow - the dealership is just south of downtown - where I work.
Old 09-02-2002, 07:12 AM
gmoneyr1
Charter Member #47

Don't worry... I'll go down there and find out for ya. I live about 5 miles from Southpoint Nissan. Plus, I'm from Montgomery AL (just live in Austin) and I do dread that drive back to visit family.

I work Tuesday but I'll go by there Wed. and ask them straight up "is the car here that's being purchansed from someone in Alabama?". If they start to look down and to the right I'll know they are lying bastards... I'll let ya know what I find ASAP. I was told that my car (PPW touring & aero pkg) would be here in 2 weeks or less. I sure hope they don't attempt to give me the run around they way they doing you.

Old 09-02-2002, 07:22 AM
Goober
Charter Member #57

Neither one they have is CS. They have an enthusiast silverstone and a white touring bought by someone in Tennessee. No chrome silvers to be found this weekend.
Old 09-02-2002, 07:49 AM
Goober
Charter Member #57

No problem Greg. I almost preordered from them back in June but backed out because they seemed to eager to hurry everything. I talked to a general manager on Saturday when I stopped by who was extremely helpful (unfortunately he isn't for you) and yes they were extremely busy- as in over 50 people sitting in the showroom with salesmen at tables scattered about. I would be getting paranoid at this point too with no Z sitting there that was supposed to be.
Old 09-02-2002, 08:30 AM
Gish

Southpoint Nissan is the WORST nissan dealer in the nation. I would NEVER buy a car from them. I know several people who avoided that place like the plague when they bought their new Pathfinders.

-Gish
Old 09-02-2002, 08:59 AM
gmoneyr1
Charter Member #47

Default Re: Thanks

Originally posted by atcga
Craig,
BTW, which route is the best whenever I do take off for Austin?? And, how long a drive is it??
All the Austin people have been real helpful. I can't wait to get there and meet some of the locals.

Greg
Kinda depends on from where you're coming. When driving here from Montgomery I take I-65 south (thru Mobile) then hit I-10 west. I Luisiana you'll have to catch I-12 west for about 90 miles or so the it turns back into I-10 west.

After you pass thru Houston (maybe 70 miles or so), you'll see Highway 71 west (to Austin). You'll end up (1.5 hrs) in Austin at the I-35 overpass/intersection. You'll need to go left (south) on that service road and you'll see Southpoint Nissan about 1/4 mile down on your right.. Just let me know (gmoneyr1@yahoo.com) when you're coming and I'll meet up wit ya.

Glen
Old 09-02-2002, 09:05 AM
gmoneyr1
Charter Member #47

guess I should have pre-read that before submitting..lol Too many beers last night. When will my head stop pounding?
Old 09-02-2002, 09:18 AM
gmoneyr1
Charter Member #47

Default Re: Glen

Originally posted by atcga
Thanks. I will definately email you. I hope it's real soon. I'm looking forward to getting out there. I'll take the same route as you. I'm in Dothan so I'll hook up with I65 west of town. How long is the trip??

Not sure how long (from Dothan) it will take. I know I can get here in about 9.5 hours from Mobile. Watch your speed in Luisiana. They will not cut you any slack if they pull ya over for speeding...

Glen

Quick Reply: Hey Austin People!!!!