Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Convince me to buy a 350Z

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2003, 11:07 PM
Jsn350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

About the HID's, the s2k does have better ones. Last time I knew the S2k and some audis had the brightest stock HID's on the market (stock). However, I would not buy a car becuse it had brighter HID's
Old 10-28-2003, 07:26 AM
bradkv

I may get ripped for this, but such is life. I had my mind completely made up on the Z, but was told not to jump until I had driven the RX-8 and the new Accord Coupe V6 6 speed. I drove both. The RX-8 is not even comparable, no torque, lightweight feel. On the other hand, the Accord was very impressive! For about the same money as a base 350, you get leather, sunroof, cruise control, and more room. The car accelerates with authority, although not quite as much as a Z, and of course the handling is not as aggressive. I am still leaning towards the Z, but the "creature comforts" are hard to ignore. Just my 2 cents, and they may not be worth much more than that to a lot of you.
Old 10-28-2003, 08:19 AM
marhot

Default Not a rip...

Originally posted by bradkv
I may get ripped for this, but such is life. I had my mind completely made up on the Z, but was told not to jump until I had driven the RX-8 and the new Accord Coupe V6 6 speed. I drove both. The RX-8 is not even comparable, no torque, lightweight feel. On the other hand, the Accord was very impressive! For about the same money as a base 350, you get leather, sunroof, cruise control, and more room. The car accelerates with authority, although not quite as much as a Z, and of course the handling is not as aggressive. I am still leaning towards the Z, but the "creature comforts" are hard to ignore. Just my 2 cents, and they may not be worth much more than that to a lot of you.
If you truly can’t decide between the Z and an Accord, then the Accord is definitely the car for you.

You don’t buy a Z for “creature comforts”. IT IS A SPORTS CAR. I really believe true Z ownership involves an attitude. Either you “get it” or you don’t. See my prior post on this thread. I love this car. I can’t convince you or anyone to buy one and I wouldn't try. As I stated before, it was love at first sight. I just knew I had to have a Z.

Seriously, I would advise you to buy the Accord. If you are torn between the two, then the Accord is for you.

Peace
Old 10-28-2003, 09:37 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

I cant believe some of you got a Z to try to get a girl. You guys are desperate. I buy a car because I like the car and I buy a shirt because i like it too. If a girl does not like who I am, too bad.
Old 10-28-2003, 10:43 AM
SharpST77

Originally posted by zland
I cant believe some of you got a Z to try to get a girl. You guys are desperate. I buy a car because I like the car and I buy a shirt because i like it too. If a girl does not like who I am, too bad.
amen.

+...they arent gonna find out what u drive until you talk to them and give them a ride or something...

unless you are like..hey baby..i drive a Z....its a sports car...go out with me...

Old 10-28-2003, 11:22 AM
jgraeb01

Originally posted by SharpST77
amen.

+...they arent gonna find out what u drive until you talk to them and give them a ride or something...

unless you are like..hey baby..i drive a Z....its a sports car...go out with me...

Oh crap ... this doesn't work? I was gonna have it printed on a Z Shirt
Old 10-28-2003, 11:40 AM
kbomb

accord is nice and interior is much better than a Z. But its not in same category as a Z...

Have you thought about pathfinder armada...I saw it at the dealership and it looks pretty nice..very agressive and huge. put some 24's on it..you would pimpin the Chicago streets with that thing. .if i had more money..I would buy that for winter..hehe
Old 10-28-2003, 12:14 PM
phreezee

I own a Z, and after driving my friends S2000 at AutoX I can definately say... Buy a S2000!

The car is so much more responsive.The handling on the car is just tight and the reaction is sharp. Everything feels direct and the unity between man and machine is seamless.

The S2K is pure driver's car.

Sure the 350Z can get close to the same times as the S2000 on a course, but the feeling you get from driving the S2000 is totally different.

The car is light, nimble and you get immediate feedback from the wheel. The 350Z is flat and stable in the turns but you can definitely feel the weight of the car through the wheel. The S2k, you twitch the wheel and it's turning so effortlessly. With the top down and vtec screaming, there's no way to describe it. What a rush!

Anyone considering a 350Z convertible, should reconsider and go test drive the S2000.

I still think the 350Z looks better though.
Old 10-28-2003, 01:53 PM
zxsaint
Fairlady Stalker

I looked at the s2000 before the Z. It's a great little car but I couldnt fit right @ 6'1" 210lb. It felt like a kart alright. If you're anything bigger than 5'5" and 170 and your looking at the s2000, try a test fit before you waste too much time.
Old 10-28-2003, 04:14 PM
MyZ4U2C

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I just traded my 1997 3.0CL in last weekend for a 2003 Black 350Z touring model with the 6 speed and the burnt orange leather. Ive only had it for a week and a half but i love it. I tested the RX-8, the CL Type-S, and the BMW 330 2 door coupe and i bought the Z. I should discourage you from buying one so that there are less on the road!!

So far what i like and what i dont. The engine is GREAT...smooth torquey 6...i usually shift from a stop from 1st to 3rd then 5th or 2nd to 4th then 6th. The engine is that flexible. The seats are way comfortable and supportive...since they are heated i dont miss that Acura luxury so much. The Xenon headlights are awesome. My gas mileage has been great..with mostly urban driving i avg 25 MPG. On the downside, the gas filler cover is a little chintzy, i get way too much attention with this car..good and bad, and there is no sunroof! Other than that, this car is solid and very quick and NEVER fails to turn heads. An S2000 is a great car..after owning an Acura i can vouch for Honda reliability. However after riding in my friends car, it was quick when revved WAY up, no torque, while 0-60 can be around 5.5 or so if you're lucky, the 5-60 is like 7.8 seconds...a complete DAWG in real world driving unless you wanna burn the clutch at every stoplight to outrun traffic. The car is light and it makes it feel somewhat cheap but sprightly for sure. Its still a fun car though.

You will not be disappointed with a 350Z however you have to see whats most important to you. Just my 2cents.
Old 10-28-2003, 10:41 PM
phreezee

Originally posted by zxsaint
I looked at the s2000 before the Z. It's a great little car but I couldnt fit right @ 6'1" 210lb. It felt like a kart alright. If you're anything bigger than 5'5" and 170 and your looking at the s2000, try a test fit before you waste too much time.
LOL, I'm 6"2', 200lbs and the top of the windsheild was in my field of vision, so I agree, it's a little tight. Another thing, it didn't have tilt steering. However, all was forgotten after I entered the first salom.

I felt the seats were a lot better in the S, they sucked you in better.
Old 10-28-2003, 10:43 PM
Jsn350Z

Im a smaller person. The s2k fit like a glove, and the steeringwheel needed no adjustment. My Z is actually a litle big for me inside, but not bad. I am 5"11' 140 pounds (yeah I know im light! But I eat more then friends that Ihave weighing in at over 200 pounds )
Old 10-29-2003, 01:40 AM
monkey7

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

To me, it all depends on what you want in a car and what you are going to do with it. Test drive your selections. Then you'll know. I think you should not be convinced to getting a certain car.
Old 10-29-2003, 05:02 AM
Pit Bull

Originally posted by Jsn350Z
Im a smaller person. The s2k fit like a glove, and the steeringwheel needed no adjustment. My Z is actually a litle big for me inside, but not bad. I am 5"11' 140 pounds (yeah I know im light! But I eat more then friends that Ihave weighing in at over 200 pounds )
I was like that, just start pumping iron I now weigh 210lbs. Fit real snug in the Z seats.
Old 10-29-2003, 07:44 AM
Jsn350Z

I do lift weights! I am pretty fit. But I have sucha a fast metabolisim that what ever I eat just goes away, and when I lift weights it just doesnt do as much. Id like to gain like 10 pounds though.
Old 10-29-2003, 07:53 AM
kbomb

I use to have hight metabolism...then I got a ft job and sit on my *** everyday. then got a gf and gained 20lbs...LOL
Old 10-29-2003, 08:48 AM
hansel

Originally posted by Jsn350Z
I do lift weights! I am pretty fit. But I have sucha a fast metabolisim that what ever I eat just goes away, and when I lift weights it just doesnt do as much. Id like to gain like 10 pounds though.
Eat 3 big meals a day. Make your last meal late at night before you go to bed. Have you ever tried weight gainer products? BTW, this is getting a little off topic?
Old 10-29-2003, 10:29 AM
Jsn350Z

Haha, just a little.

I eat more then three meals per day... And I snack a lot befor I got to sleep. I just can't gain weight. I don't look that skinny or anything though, just not as "thick" as I would like.
Old 10-29-2003, 10:30 AM
Jsn350Z

Nope, have not tried any weight gainers.
Old 10-29-2003, 02:59 PM
Pit Bull

When I went into USMC boot camp at 19, I weighed 145lbs. When I got out of boot camp I weighed 160lbs. You might join the Marine Corp.

Quick Reply: Convince me to buy a 350Z