Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

How to disable VDC?!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2003, 06:34 PM
Nano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Turning VDC off won't turn electronic LSD off. There is no way to disable electronic LSD.
Old 10-30-2003, 06:57 PM
DavidM

Yes, for the umpteenth time - when the 'VDC off' button is pressed, VDC is OFF

I am aware that some people say that. Though, some people (here including) are saying that the car seem to still retain some ' safty' interference from the car even when in the OFF state. This is usually from people who track or autoX their car.

Archman350z could be right and this is an effect of this particular ABS .... though, I have not seen any other car with ABS behave like that. Not even 911 or M3 which have very smart ABS.

The 'Best Motorring vol.6' has this effect in the 350Z demonstated the best as the 'drift king' could not get the back of the car sliding with brake and steering input (and that is on the wet track). He said that the car is 'fighting' him and just wants to go into understeer no matter what he does with the brake and wheel. Though, he figured out that to rotate the car and get it into a drift, he needs to approach a corner without the use of brakes and turn in sharply. This saw the tail slide out. So it looks like that the car will not let the back come out (and instead goes into understeer) when the brakes are being used. Maybe it's not the VDC, but there is something there (at least from what I saw and they said) ie. ABS.
Old 10-31-2003, 06:31 AM
Zakira

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I did my donut, of course, I had to turn off the VDC switch to do it. BUT, after the donut, VDC light came on! And it didn't go off until I restarted the engine. So, the VDC must be still lurking even with the switch off. And of course, I've heard/read about this here and there.
Old 10-31-2003, 07:10 AM
jtree007
Charter Member #53

on the track, while autocrossing and when just messing around I have never had a feeling that something was lurking in the background while I had VDC off.

The Slip light comming on after some very hard turns i.e. donuts is a result of you sending the VDC computer in to lockout. the VDC Instruments are still taking measurements while VDC is off, and the Slip light coming on and holding while VDC is off is a warning that that you can not engage VDC back on as the instruments have measured a spike in force beyond what the computer can hendle and cope with. So the VDC is always working but when you push the button to turn it off it stops trying to correct anything. I have had the VDC off light and Slip light come on and hold many times and i have never felt that the car was taking any comands for the VDC Computer

The car Understeers .... and the harder you push the more it will understeer. The only way to get rid of the understeer is with changinf suspension setups.. primarly sway bars.

Also when you hit the brake the Comuputer cuts power from the engine... that might be somthing that people might be experencing.. but there is a way to fix that
Old 10-31-2003, 07:27 AM
all_bark

Originally posted by Zakira
When I did my donut, of course, I had to turn off the VDC switch to do it. BUT, after the donut, VDC light came on! And it didn't go off until I restarted the engine. So, the VDC must be still lurking even with the switch off. And of course, I've heard/read about this here and there.
I was not doing donuts but the same thing happened to me when I did some braking in a hard corner. the light went out (vdc came back on) and would not reset until I turned the car off. NO BS!
Old 10-31-2003, 07:51 AM
AndyB

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default VDC light

Maybe when VDC is off the computer is still "watching". Maybe they left the light enabled so you know that "VDC would have caught this problem".

Just a guess.