Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Is this guy for real???

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 06:27 PM
WSchli1672

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well, Scott you put a good there...As I know it would definitely have been a crowd pleaser if you had him bring it to the shop and put it on the dyno on our last dyno day, now that would really have bee a good one, as we all know what I mean.

Last edited by WSchli1672; 05-23-2010 at 06:30 PM.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:15 PM
TPete19

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by exarmyguy
He also claims in one of his posts that he is grossing over a million dollars this year.
A person can gross a million but make no profit. A real estate agent could sell a million dollar home making his gross sales look good, but if he waives his commission, his nets is $0.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:10 PM
andrew's 350Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stock wheels?? cool man, i really want a car u race around bouncing ur rev limiter 3 times. way to sell a car.. those are caliper covers, my brothers shi*vic has them. and love the cool depo whatver tails, should spent the extra $$$ and got the LED's since u seem to love those so much, good job. way to FAIL
Andrew OUT
Old 05-27-2010, 12:12 AM
mrg1981

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TPete19
A person can gross a million but make no profit. A real estate agent could sell a million dollar home making his gross sales look good, but if he waives his commission, his nets is $0.
That would not be gross INCOME, since the $1MM would go to the seller of the home, or the bank that owned the home, not the RE agent. In other scenarios you could have a high gross income and still have a loss or no profit though. I highly doubt his business is gross $1MM though. Some people are douche bags that are so full of ****, they lie to themselves!
Old 05-29-2010, 08:14 PM
kingjames23

freaken moron lol. This dude is either a freaken liar or terribly confused.

Last edited by kingjames23; 05-30-2010 at 09:44 AM.
Old 05-29-2010, 09:17 PM
*ICE*

he lost me at the cheapo Pepboys muffler exhaust and stock wheels. What a retard!
Old 05-29-2010, 11:05 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

ROFL at Scott's emails.

I totally missed that post.
Old 05-30-2010, 12:59 AM
ITOzann

Hahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-30-2010, 09:44 AM
kingjames23

You know how you go to the dealership and the salesman is tryin to tell you everything about the car but you can tell he read it all off the sheet on the windshield cuz he doesnt know what the **** hes talkin about. THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT THIS MORON SOUNDS LIKE LMAO.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:23 AM
nemesis531

Default Go back to russia, dennis!!!

Hi everyone...I know this is an old thread but hopefully someone here will see this...

I feel completely foolish after reading all your posts and seeing the vids etc, but...my fiance just bought a car from this guy (not a nissan ha ha) and he TOTALLY scammed us. Basically what happened is he showed us a car, we agreed to buy it, and he wrote up a bill of sale etc. We had checked the carfax report from the VIN on the title, which he showed us, and everything came up clean.

The following day, my fiance discovers while cleaning out the interior that the VIN on the actual vehicle DOES NOT MATCH the VIN on the bill of sale or the title!!! And when we run the carfax on the actual VIN on the car, we discover that the last reported mileage is 75,000mi MORE than is reflected on the car's odometer. He calls Dennis on the VIN and mileage issues and Dennis admits he knew the odometer was wrong. So not only has he screwed around with the documentation, he's committed fraud as well.

Also, we called the police and found out that the car is registered as a pno to some guy in Arizona (we're in So Cal).

Now we're trying to figure out what to do....all we want is to get our money back and give him back this stupid albatross of a car. We don't have the title on it because he agreed to let us pay half now and half later. My fiance must have a car and we are broke; this was all the money we had. He is a disabled vet and single father; I am a widowed single mom and just got laid off from my job.

I wish I had researched this guy before we got a car from him. If anyone has any advice, we would REALLY appreciate it!!! If not, that's ok, but at least take my word for it and DO NOT EVER BUY A CAR FROM THIS SLEAZEBAG!!!!!
Old 10-25-2010, 10:41 AM
trodis
350Z-holic

^police and lawyer involvement?
Old 10-25-2010, 11:05 AM
nemesis531

We contacted the police in our area to run the plates and once we found out it is registered to a guy in AZ we called the AZ police in that area as well. Both verified that it hadn't been reported as stolen, but I'm still unsure. The whole thing seems very fishy to me.

Unfortunately we can't afford a lawyer right now. On top of everything else we're moving at the end of November.

We're kind of hoping that if we arm ourselves with enough information about the law etc etc, he will just scare off and we won't have to go to small claims or anything. My fiance told him that we'd contacted the police, and he seemed pretty uncomfortable when he found that out. Last I heard he told us he'd contact the owner and see if he could get my fiance a "kickback" in price, but frankly, I don't want to do any business with this guy at all now.

Originally Posted by trodis
^police and lawyer involvement?
Old 10-25-2010, 11:12 AM
pcressey

He put a false VIN number on the bill of sale and admitted that he lied about the Odometer reading? That is a serious crime.

I would harass this guy all day long and threaten him to no end, demanding my money back. Tell him you already have the police involved, and your lawyer will be contacting him shortly. Tell him he has 24 hours to do a full refund, or else.

You need to be as threatening as possible. If you don't, I will...
Old 10-25-2010, 11:35 AM
drivessidewayz

^^ If you have evidence of what you're saying, you're fine.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:00 PM
nemesis531

I don't know that we have evidence of the odometer fraud, because basically he said he was aware of it, but that's something we'd need to have in writing for it to be of any use.

However, what more evidence would we need other than the fact that the bill of sale he gave us has a different VIN than the actual car in our possession? Also I don't know if it would help but our carfax search records should show that we looked up the VIN on the bill of sale the day we bought it, but looked up the actual VIN the day after. One should be able to infer based on that search history that he sold the car under false pretenses...right?

Oh and the odometer has clearly been tampered with since it reads a hugely different number than the carfax report. I'm not sure if sellers are required to check all that information before they sell a car? I guess what I'm asking is, if it came down to court, would he be able to claim that he just didn't know?

Originally Posted by drivessidewayz
^^ If you have evidence of what you're saying, you're fine.

Last edited by nemesis531; 10-25-2010 at 12:02 PM.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:07 PM
pmab9918

Wow I forgot how bad I wanted to punch this douche in the face.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:10 PM
ocdz

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by nemesis531

Now we're trying to figure out what to do....all we want is to get our money back and give him back this stupid albatross of a car. We don't have the title on it because he agreed to let us pay half now and half later. My fiance must have a car and we are broke; this was all the money we had. He is a disabled vet and single father; I am a widowed single mom and just got laid off from my job.
If you are broke why did you buy a 350z???? Ever consider a Hyundai?

Did you really think anyone that would accept half a payment for a car was not shady?
Old 10-25-2010, 12:29 PM
nemesis531

I never said I bought a 350z. I'm only here because while trying to sort out this mess I found this thread on a search. I'm just trying to get help or input because so many people on this board have had dealings with this guy. I WISH I could get a 350z but as it is, I had to trade in my BMW for a Kia.

So yeah. I'm not running around buying expensive cars and then complaining I'm broke.

I didn't set the terms for this particular transaction and the car isn't mine (it's my fiance's), so it wasn't up to me. I'm just trying to help fix this BS before it gets worse. Personally if I were in a position to lend someone a hand, especially in this economy, I would, because times really suck. We weren't expecting to buy a car right now...the drive shaft on his truck suddenly sheared through so we kind of got backed into a corner. This has been one of those years where everything goes wrong...I'm really happy for you that you've so obviously never experienced that.

But thanks for trying to slap my hand. I hope you feel better about yourself now for not being as stupid as I clearly am.

Originally Posted by ryamartin

Did you really think anyone that would accept half a payment for a car was not shady?
Old 10-25-2010, 12:31 PM
nemesis531

BTW I'm sure you've never had to try to buy a car in the price range we've got to work with, but let me tell you....EVERYONE is shady!!! They only things out there are salvage titles and scams and POS's with 5 million miles. Comparatively this seemed like a good idea.....

LESSON LEARNED.

It's always fun to mock others' misfortunes, isn't it?

Originally Posted by ryamartin

Old 10-25-2010, 12:51 PM
phreaktor
¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

http://www.facebook.com/people/Denni...1172170&v=wall

http://www.myspace.com/dennis710

Quick Reply: Is this guy for real???