holy ***** infinit
ur avatar is SHAWEET!
Old 09-03-2002, 05:37 PM
infinit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Peace

Thanks for the avatar props D,

What thread did I start here? j/k

It's always interesting to see these arguments of what is functional, aesthetic, etc. (ie. ricey, heh...I don't even use that word). But I agree with both sides of the argument...but bottom-line is a person is going to customize their car however they please. Suggestions and opinions are sure to ensue...but it's a losing battle in trying to have someone not do this or that to their Z. Would I get a wing like that? hmmm...not if my Z was under 800HP and not on the track But I wouldn't bother with regulating on someone in not putting it on their car. In fact, just over the weekend...some guy revved on me on the Bay Bridge in a stock Prelude with Supra wing...would I bother wasting time on him in my Z32? Not a chance... It's a losing battle with small, temporary rewards.. I used to be partial to specific mods/parts/manufacturers myself. But as long as someone is happy in what they are doing and isn't hurting no one, what's the big deal? It's an endless circle. Just do what you want with your Z...<ahem> just have some dignity think 'clean and sleek'.

As far as Top Secret, I assure you they ARE major Players in Import Performance. Look into their work, dedication and hijinx...and you'll find that they have some major cajones in high performance imports. This is just one of a few high performance shops supporting the aftermarket.

-=-de-=-
Old 09-03-2002, 07:42 PM
raceboy
Banned

Originally posted by S2kRob
I suggest all you people screaming RICE read the Babblefish translation. Sounds like they are going to slap a Big F---ing Turbo onto the Z and enter it into the Silver State Classic. If you don't know what the Silver State Classic is, I suggest you do some reading about it. The ballsiest roadrace in the world.

They then state that they must maintain a speed of over 320km/h (200mph) to be competitive in the race.

Still think that wing is rice? You have been schooled.

Damn, I can hardly freaking wait to see this project unfold. Mmmm, turbo . . .
That's great.......................for that one car. If anyone who gets this kit has a Z that can maintain over 200mph, I won't laugh at them either. That will be the exception.

Now for the rule:

Reality: Most of these wings (99.9%) will be bolted to bone stock UNDERSTEERING Z's. That is RICE, end of discussion, period.
Old 09-03-2002, 07:46 PM
roberto350z

too raceboy: LOL
Old 09-03-2002, 07:59 PM
articfury
Charter Member #55

Steve,

I am really saddened to see someone who has a good influence on this board related to track racing have such an air of superiority. I can understand you having a strong opinion on a subject, but being so arrogant as to feel like you are worthy of deciding what is or is not acceptable for someone to do to THEIR own car, that is truly saddening. I had kinda hoped this kind of discussion would not occur on this site. Alas, the need to point and laugh at those that believe differently is too strong...again and again.

JD
Old 09-03-2002, 08:01 PM
S2kRob

99.9% will use cheap knockoffs that have no aero benefit. The Top Secret wing is the same wing many JTCC racecars use for rear downforce.

Considering the first modified 350Z's I've seen in America are rolling on nasty 20" bling bling chrome rims, I think that people are really going to screw this car up bad in the future. I'd rather have a ricer wing than nasty *** chrome rims.
Old 09-03-2002, 08:14 PM
ross@downforce.net

why is it that porsche and ferrari and mclaren etc etc can build supercars that approach that 200mph boundary or exceed it without some silly giant card table bolted to the rear trunk lid?

if it looks like rice, it must be rice. it may be functional rice - but its still RICE!

next thing your going to tell me those silly stickers and LEDS in my washer fluid will help me run at Lime Rock...

oh yeah - and just because a company races competitively doesnt mean everything they do is great - come on - FORD competes well in Rally but you don't see me bolting Ford Festiva rims to my car now do you?

(please take with grain of salt)
Old 09-03-2002, 09:23 PM
raceboy
Banned

Originally posted by articfury
Steve,

I am really saddened to see someone who has a good influence on this board related to track racing have such an air of superiority. I can understand you having a strong opinion on a subject, but being so arrogant as to feel like you are worthy of deciding what is or is not acceptable for someone to do to THEIR own car, that is truly saddening. I had kinda hoped this kind of discussion would not occur on this site. Alas, the need to point and laugh at those that believe differently is too strong...again and again.

JD
It has nothing to do with having an air of superiority. I am truly sorry you feel that way. It has to do with putting something on your car that makes it arguably look faster, but in reality makes it slower. There is absolutely no point to it. "Well it's about style," people cry!! So are tattoos on your face! I am sure if I showed up with my Z painted pink and a rainbow racing stripe down the middle, you would LYAO too. "BUT IT'S ABOUT STYLE!"

"There is a sucker born every day."
Old 09-03-2002, 09:35 PM
z350z
Charter Member #13

That babelfish translation was HILARIOUS! I like the part about the straw raincoats. I guess that metaphor loses something in translation.
Old 09-03-2002, 09:41 PM
roberto350z

I didnt think that raceboy was being arrogant. Just caught in the moment like the rest of us.
Old 09-03-2002, 09:45 PM
raceboy
Banned

Originally posted by rpgonzalez
I didnt think that raceboy was being arrogant. Just caught in the moment like the rest of us.
Nope, you are wrong, I am arrogant as hell!!
Old 09-03-2002, 10:04 PM
Yuichi

Default Yup

I think Infinit's Z32 is totally riced out!! I have seen it in person! Hahah just kidding Infinit how have yah been?

Anyways as he said TOP SECRET is BIG CHEESE shop in Japan. I went to their photoshop for a big magazine (Option2) in Japan and these guys are no rice company. They build fast cars... If you could have been at that meet you would have seen what I was talking about.

Their fastest car is a SUPRA with a get this.. Toyota MR2 engine. They are pushing close to 1000 I think? (Sorry if my number is wrong) out of this 4 CYL. I'm waiting with enthusiasm to see if they have any miracles for the new Z. Time can only tell!

Last edited by Yuichi; 09-03-2002 at 10:10 PM.
Old 09-04-2002, 04:35 AM
S2kRob

Originally posted by raceboy

Nope, you are wrong, I am arrogant as hell!!
Yes you are, and that moustache of yours is ricey as hell.
Old 09-04-2002, 05:34 AM
Danimsta

Default Re: Yup

Originally posted by Yuichi

Their fastest car is a SUPRA with a get this.. Toyota MR2 engine.
i thought it was a skyline engine.....

ive attached a pic of the super street i have....

maybe its a diffrent car?
Attached Thumbnails Top Secret - Updated-picture-17.jpg  
Old 09-04-2002, 06:24 AM
John

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Yup

Their fastest car is a SUPRA with a get this.. Toyota MR2 engine. They are pushing close to 1000 I think? (Sorry if my number is wrong) out of this 4 CYL. I'm waiting with enthusiasm to see if they have any miracles for the new Z. Time can only tell!
Maybe you're right, but it sounds quite absurd. Are you sure about that? Don't forget that the MR-2 motor was the Supra motor with two cylinders hacked off...

There are plenty of single-turbo Supras roaming around putting odwn 750+whp... and still streetable... Toyota's closed blocks and IM's can handle insane amounts of boost... check out www.supraforums.com and you'll see what I mean... there's a guy who put down 800+whp with stock internals, and he has a good deal of mileage with the setup too...

As for the Skyline... why would you spend all the money to put the Skyline motor in a Supra? Again, it seems kinda absurd since both motors are capable of the same amounts of power... but it's their money, and if they wanted to waste it doing that... good for them...
Old 09-04-2002, 07:13 AM
infinit

Default More fuel...

...to the fire.

http://www.exvitermini.com

goto Movies--->Nagata

...no, I don't condone 200MPH on the freeway.
Old 09-04-2002, 07:49 AM
SandMan

Default Re: More fuel...

Originally posted by infinit
...to the fire.

goto Movies--->Nagata

HOLY $HiT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-04-2002, 04:42 PM
Traffic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: More fuel...

Originally posted by infinit
...to the fire.

goto Movies--->Nagata

200MPH after 24 seconds?

The horror, the horror!

Last edited by Traffic; 09-04-2002 at 04:45 PM.
Old 09-04-2002, 05:45 PM
Redfoot

Thumbs down

Ouch!!!