Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

My Horrible Invida purchase from http://topspeedautosport.com/ (TopSpeedAutoSport)

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 02:51 AM
phreaktor
Design Engineer

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

My Invidia is fine. And LOUD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdBP1vCXIFY
Old 07-15-2010, 05:47 AM
crtan77

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Actually after speaking to them initially on the fist day, I asked if I can just send this defective exhaust back. I would have even paid for shipping cus I was already pissed off by the customer service. Their answer is No they don't take anything back. WTF. Seriously what shop wont take back a defective product? I bought it from them thus they should work with their vendor and get compensated. I shouldn't have to work with Invida to get my defective part. Oh someone posted take time off work. WTF really, so I should loose more money by not working? I'm already not being compensated for the already paid labor.

BTW, I've been into cars for quite some time. I've had experience with many vendors form many different forums. This is by far the worst service I've ever received.

And in terms of exhaust. I've had the following exhausts on my cars

Greddy on my civic.no issues excellent finish, HKS on my Accord.. no issues.. HKS on my Sil80.. excellent no issues.. Blitz on my S2k.. excellent no issues.

I've read posts that Ividia is a good exhaust. Man what the heck are these people smoking? This Exhaust is by far the crappiest exhaust I've ever bought. If you look closely at the pipes, the finish on these pipes are crap. Really a cheap China made or Taiwanese made exhaust... I thinking of just selling it any takers? Local In So Cal..

Last edited by crtan77; 07-15-2010 at 05:49 AM.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:22 AM
MaelstrØm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With the case of failure to deliver the contracted product, they don't get to choose whether to take it back unless they modified the warranties in your purchase agreement.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/ucc/2/2-315.html
U.C.C. - ARTICLE 2 - SALES
..PART 3. GENERAL OBLIGATION AND CONSTRUCTION OF CONTRACT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

§ 2-315. Implied Warranty: Fitness for Particular Purpose.
Where the seller at the time of contracting has reason to know any particular purpose for which the goods are required and that the buyer is relying on the seller's skill or judgment to select or furnish suitable goods, there is unless excluded or modified under the next section an implied warranty that the goods shall be fit for such purpose.
In the United States, the obligation is in Article 2 of the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC). This warranty will apply to a merchant (that is, a person who makes an occupation of selling things) who regularly deals in the type of merchandise sold.

Under US law, goods are 'merchantable' if they meet the following conditions:

1.The goods must conform to the standards of the trade as applicable to the contract for sale.
2.They must fit for the purposes such goods are ordinarily used, even if the buyer ordered them for use otherwise.
3.They must be uniform as to quality and quantity, within tolerances of the contract for sale.
4.They must be packed and labeled per the contract for sale.
5.They must meet the specifications on the package labels, even if not so specified by the contract for sale.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:04 AM
Hokie350Z

Funny, I don't see TopSpeedAutosport chiming in on this thread, so I think it's safe to assume that they are not hear to be 350z enthusiasts, but just use our forum as free advertising.

Instead of people telling the OP what he should have done because we all know that hindsight is 20/20, I think people should chime in and say if TopSpeedAutosport is a good sponsor or not.

I know that it sucks for the OP and that it was a pain in the ***, but I think TopSpeedAutosport manager/owner could have been a little more helpful.

TopSpeedAutosport, any retorts, rebuttal, apology?

I vote in favor of sponsor BAN. Cheap parts does not = crappy service
Old 07-15-2010, 09:13 AM
Hexxus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hokie350Z
I vote in favor of sponsor BAN. Cheap parts does not = crappy service
There's always two sides to every story. For all we know, this guy could be greatly exaggerating his side to vent and make himself feel better. Just because a vendor has one mistake doesn't mean they automatically need to be banned. The service I received from TopSpeed was excellent when I ordered from them.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:29 AM
Hokie350Z

Originally Posted by Hexxus
There's always two sides to every story. For all we know, this guy could be greatly exaggerating his side to vent and make himself feel better. Just because a vendor has one mistake doesn't mean they automatically need to be banned. The service I received from TopSpeed was excellent when I ordered from them.
I totally agree, so that's why I thought this was a good chance for people to chime in about good service.

OP could be a total Dbag instead - just trying to hear both sides
Old 07-15-2010, 09:59 AM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I think both sides of the party handled this situation entirely wrong and there were many easier solutions that were not explored.. that being said the vendor still does not seem helpful enough to be a good one. seems like a "thanks for your business now gtfo" type of company.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:03 AM
Hokie350Z

Originally Posted by Entaille
I think both sides of the party handled this situation entirely wrong and there were many easier solutions that were not explored.. that being said the vendor still does not seem helpful enough to be a good one. seems like a "thanks for your business now gtfo" type of company.
So you think it's one of those situation that as long as everything goes right, they are an awesome company, so you just have to take the risk and hope there aren't any problems? I mean, I know when you get a good price, there is definitely a risk, it's just that I enjoy NOT knowing that if something goes wrong, then it's going to be a pain in the a$$
Old 07-15-2010, 10:19 AM
smellyborrelli

I am an online vendor for marine engines and parts for boats. I personally would have had you send back the exhaust and when i received it I would have sent you another asap.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:23 AM
BoomerZ33

^ that seems like a fair solution to this problem

and where is the vendor?
Old 07-15-2010, 10:55 AM
crtan77

Okay for those who dont know me, I'm really not one to make accusations that aren't true. To be quite honest if I were a total *** I would have called pay pal and my cc company to stop the payment. I've been on all the forms S2ki. Nasioc.. Rs25.. 240sx.org.. and I've never ever had any issues with a vendor.

Especially one that tells me, well the only person at a loss is you. To tell a customer that there is no refund what so ever for an obvoiusly defective exhaust is crazzy.. If that was the case then why not put that on their adds.. all sales are final.. No exhanges or refunds..

Last edited by crtan77; 07-15-2010 at 11:03 AM.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:07 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by bbs350z
i think both parties handled this all wrong
Originally Posted by driftintoacurb
To some of the guys, I think the point is being missed here. Topspeed Autoparts is trying to avoid taking responsibility for parts they selling. They are the retail seller. They should do what they can to make sure that the manufacturer is selling the correct part. This is part of customer service. Say you buy your PS3 at Target. Your PS3 has a broken blu-ray drive out of the box. Now when you go to Target, they don't tell you, "Too bad, too sad, go contact Sony." They accept the item back and they return it to the manufacturer themselves.

No legit shop should ever recommend driving on that incomplete. It could warp the flange. And especially when it comes to parts you guys spend lots of hard earned money on. Seriously? Topspeed Autoparts? Please, please, please, I hope for your sake that you work on your customer service.
Originally Posted by Entaille

I got a question that no one seemed to ask..........

Was the part drop shipped??

I never ever ever ever buy a part from a vendor, website, etc, with out getting a person on the phone first.........I look for on the shelf items in hopes to get it on time, etc......

When i called Z1 for my whiteline translink bushing, he told me he had one left and so then i ordered it.....prior to him, i called another vendor and even though their website was up and working to make an order he had none in stock and said "it will get to you in a few weeks" that blows...

If your exhaust was a drop shipment then it probably never came from his shop and if it did, it came unopened box.....so they don't inspect it first.....weather they should or not is Dependant on their policy and the policy they have with vendors and returns...

some vendors buy in bulk from the manufacture with a "no refund or with a 25 percent or so take if they did send a refund" so that twist the arm of the vendor to off the products and hope that none come back....

Thats where strong arming comes into play....

It is what it is, either way, it sucks, OP sorry for your situation, but in all honesty failing to verify the welds, integrity before hand would have saved you a lot of time and headache with your car being on the lift/storage fee, etc....Does that give the right of the vendor to treat you like that, hell no, but it happens.....

at the same time, Topspeed could have done a more professional job....when one employee says "well cover the 45 dollar fee" and then some other dude gets on the line and starts recanting and turning the situation to a brawl then all integrity is lost.....

OP thanks for posting, because at the very least, this makes me "aware" and ill choose accordingly if every pointed in their direction when buying....

like someone said before, its a forum and all you can do is discuss and infer for yourself.........

thanks for sharing...g/L.

-J

Last edited by JasonZ-YA; 07-15-2010 at 11:12 AM.
Old 07-15-2010, 02:12 PM
arsey51

A shame that this exhaust sale went south. I have the the same exhaust, in fact my pix are in the original sale thread. So I'm not a cheer leader for Invidia, but I have no complaints with my Gemini dual, and would recommend the system to any Zee owner looking for a good exhaust. Somehow, this guy got a lousy example of the Invidia Gemini as I know a half dozen other Zee owners who are more than happy with their purchase and install of the Invidia.

Last edited by arsey51; 07-15-2010 at 02:20 PM. Reason: included pic
Old 08-23-2010, 08:37 PM
theleonard350z

Originally Posted by TheFarmer
I would have just paid the shop $20-$40 to finish the weld.
agreed!
Old 08-26-2010, 04:45 PM
zzzmanzzz

Originally Posted by uglyduc
If they (invidia) are only 20mi away, why not take the one bad pipe for them to finish off the next day?
i think he meant the vendor not invidia....i experienced things like this before. Company representative promises lots and lots of **** but then it all went to hell...
Old 08-26-2010, 04:46 PM
zzzmanzzz

Originally Posted by mrblah
OP should have checked the product (including welds) prior to disassembling the vehicle/installation of the part. The product should be replaced under warrantee, but getting anybody to pay for installation/storage is going to be tough. I would get the mechanic/installer to eat it, if they didn't catch it prior to installation.
are u kidding me? the mechanic will not!!! it is cool if u can get them to eat the cost but i dont think it was possible...
Old 08-26-2010, 05:39 PM
stein

I want to hear from TopSpeedAutoSport as to why they acted like asses!
Old 08-26-2010, 05:40 PM
StuLax18
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,339 Likes on 2,379 Posts

Should have just gone to Invidia to buy it. All the FX guys do that, since a guy there drives an FX also. He even installs them for us.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:44 PM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by arsey51
A shame that this exhaust sale went south. I have the the same exhaust, in fact my pix are in the original sale thread. So I'm not a cheer leader for Invidia, but I have no complaints with my Gemini dual, and would recommend the system to any Zee owner looking for a good exhaust. Somehow, this guy got a lousy example of the Invidia Gemini as I know a half dozen other Zee owners who are more than happy with their purchase and install of the Invidia.

phreak i believe u got his invidia if it is as appeared above confused with urs. i bet this is a quiet exhaust
Old 08-26-2010, 05:47 PM
haeshik

should've would've could've...

Quick Reply: My Horrible Invida purchase from http://topspeedautosport.com/ (TopSpeedAutoSport)