Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Dissapointed with Grouppe-S Service

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 12:14 PM
BOMDC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dissapointed with Gruppe-S Service

As of right now this is the worst auto part retailer I have ever dealt with. In the past 2 weeks I've been on HOLD with them for over 45 minutes collectively. They sold me a part that has been discontinued for a while, took two weeks to ship it from Cali to Wa, little wait but no big deal. I then spend a couple hours prepping the car for install only to realize it’s the wrong part. They then promise to overnight me the correct part while I agree to purchase the first incorrect part they sent me for the sake of not dealing with the hassle of returning it, plus I just wanted the right part. So they obviously don't overnight it because they don't even have the part and don't realize it. But that's not all… They incorrectly type my phone number, displacing a five for an eight so they don't even contact me to notify me whatsoever. So I'm sitting, waiting with my car on stands and now they can only offer me a discount that isn’t even worth the time I’ve spent on the phone on a bar that costs twice as much. So it's been two weeks, I've paid twice what I planned to, wasted hours on the phone, been without my car for a couple days (which has caused me a massive inconvenience), have to spend the time packaging and shipping back the wrong part, have to put my car back together then take it apart if I get another sway bar, and the only option they've left me is a discounted price on a bar that costs almost twice what the original piece costs and is virtually the same thing, which by the way wouldn’t even ship out for a while. I remember when customer satisfaction was truly important to businesses. No animosity towards the company, I just don’t believe they handled the situation with the adequate amount of care and undervalue remedying situations like this to the right extent. I hope everyone takes this story with a grain of salt and that future business conduct like this will not be rewarded.

Cliffs:

Sold me a part they promised was in stock and was not.

Sent me wrong part.

Was told the situation would be remedied and part would be overnighted at my expense.

Never heard back.

Call to check only to find out part doesn't exist anymore.

Offered an insignificant discount on a part costing twice as much.

Said they can't do anything for me like sell me a similar part at the same price like I suggested.

Have to return original part and lose my shipping money.

They haven't even sent me the shipping label yet to send it back.

I made 20 calls total over 15 days lasting hours to get myself to this point. They never once returned my phone calls after leaving my number numerous times.

Last edited by BOMDC; 07-16-2010 at 03:37 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:44 PM
angelo350z

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry to hear about this experience. I'm not taking anyone's side, but I'm sure even the best vendors have bad days. I do agree with your comment about customer satisfaction. Everything nowadays seems so impersonal, you can't just talk to sombody withour being forwarded to a machine. Then again, all that wouldn't really matter as long as you get the right part in a timely manner.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:29 PM
Lawn Dart

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I will not buy from gruppe-s either. They jerked me around for months, and their customer service was sub-par.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:36 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

What is the part? Is it a secret?
Old 07-16-2010, 01:37 PM
Corbic

Didn't bother reading.

I bought from Grouppe-S two years ago, set of Enkei wheels. Had no problem, good price, fast shipping... I just didn't get center caps, but I don't even know if they come with those.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:03 PM
Lee R

I live right down the street from them and have been in the shop a few times. My friend knows the owner quite well and I may be biased but you have 3 posts and it seems your first 2 were bashing another company that you deleted with no explanation.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:45 PM
ColecatZ

I have bought from them in the passed and will again, service was great, and the support I got when I did have a concerns was spot on.

No offence, but with only 3 posts and buying something that is has been discontinued for years (leads one to believe you did little research)... I think your rant will be taken with a grain of salt and little else.... Gruppe-S has been around here for a long time and I'm sure with the right attitude maybe even the wrong one.... they'll make it right.

Good luck getting it squared and away and getting the car back down on the rubber.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:45 PM
BOMDC

Originally Posted by Lee R
I live right down the street from them and have been in the shop a few times. My friend knows the owner quite well and I may be biased but you have 3 posts and it seems your first 2 were bashing another company that you deleted with no explanation.

That "bashing" sir was an instance where GTmotoring held over 1k of my money for a year and a half after I cancelled the order and would not respond to me whatsoever. I never stated "these guys are *******s" or any negative remark other than describing the situation accurately and unbiased as possible. As soon as I made those posts it got their attention and they paid me that week when supposedly the money was being "held by their bank". Would you do differently? Also I'm sure if you look at past instances, dealing with a company in person is always different then through online forums, I can name numerous instances where this is highlighted. I think I always handle these situations as professional and calmly as possible and aren't automotive forums here to spread information such as this? I always post in hope that nobody else will have a negative experience if it's avoidable. I have an s2000 hence not posting here much and they censor posts on s2ki so I'm just spreading the word. I can link the other thread if needed, appears that there are a lot of people that have very similar experiences in this company so I believe this post is justified.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:52 PM
BOMDC

Originally Posted by ColecatZ
I have bought from them in the passed and will again, service was great, and the support I got when I did have a concerns was spot on.

No offence, but with only 3 posts and buying something that is has been discontinued for years (leads one to believe you did little research)... I think your rant will be taken with a grain of salt and little else.... Gruppe-S has been around here for a long time and I'm sure with the right attitude maybe even the wrong one.... they'll make it right.

Good luck getting it squared and away and getting the car back down on the rubber.

People should definitely take my remark with a grain of salt, but when 25 other people on different forums report similar situations it gives it more credibility. I tried to work something out with them and I'm not greedy, the money made little difference, it was more taking care of their customers and the principle of cultivating the hobby and its consumers. I told them I would make these posts, not as a threat I simply said I have to convey this experience to the community you are advertising to as one customers experience, and conveyed that I would rather work it out because otherwise it's just a lose-lose for both of us.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:59 PM
Lee R

Originally Posted by BOMDC
That "bashing" sir was an instance where GTmotoring held over 1k of my money for a year and a half after I cancelled the order and would not respond to me whatsoever. I never stated "these guys are *******s" or any negative remark other than describing the situation accurately and unbiased as possible. As soon as I made those posts it got their attention and they paid me that week when supposedly the money was being "held by their bank". Would you do differently? Also I'm sure if you look at past instances, dealing with a company in person is always different then through online forums, I can name numerous instances where this is highlighted. I think I always handle these situations as professional and calmly as possible and aren't automotive forums here to spread information such as this? I always post in hope that nobody else will have a negative experience if it's avoidable. I have an s2000 hence not posting here much and they censor posts on s2ki so I'm just spreading the word. I can link the other thread if needed, appears that there are a lot of people that have very similar experiences in this company so I believe this post is justified.
WOW...you should have left it up then instead of deleting it. That sounded pretty serious. You seem to have bad luck from vendors.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:01 PM
Count Driftula

your cliff notes were alot easier to comprehend. That mammoth run on sentence mid post was henious and made me rofl.

for online retailers, I always check my purchase thoroughly before moving to the install phase. For that matter, any expensive purchase I check the product...
Old 07-16-2010, 04:09 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

.... I have an s2000 hence not posting here much and they censor posts on s2ki so I'm just spreading the word.....
You don't own a Z so you signed up here just to trash a vendor. Two actually since you appear to have done this in the past with another.

Your posts on your "home" board have been censored - was that maybe because they were not 100% truthful??

I'm beginning to wonder if you're the problem, not the vendors.

I hope everyone takes this story with a grain of salt
You're right about that.

Last edited by DavesZ#3; 07-16-2010 at 04:11 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:11 PM
BOMDC

WOW...you should have left it up then instead of deleting it. That sounded pretty serious. You seem to have bad luck from vendors.

Honestly I just order tons of parts for lots of people/projects. My overall online retailing experience has been excellent, when you do this for a number of years you're bound to run into some business with priorities that appear to suit themselves more then anything else.

@ the previously mentioned posts, they made me sign an agreement to take the posts down to get my refund. Not too ethically sound huh?
Old 07-16-2010, 04:12 PM
TheFarmer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So... What was this hard to get part again???
Old 07-16-2010, 04:14 PM
Lee R

@ the previously mentioned posts, they made me sign an agreement to take the posts down to get my refund. Not too ethically sound huh?
So they blackmailed you to get your money back. Sorry....this has been a waste of posts. I don't believe that at all. Any normal person would have gone to the authorities if that happened. Next time I'll talk to Eddie or Satoshi and get the real story about your "part".

Bye....err....GL.

Last edited by Lee R; 07-16-2010 at 04:17 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:19 PM
BOMDC

Originally Posted by DavesZ#3
You don't own a Z so you signed up here just to trash a vendor. Two actually since you appear to have done this in the past with another.

Your posts on your "home" board have been censored - was that maybe because they were not 100% truthful??

I'm beginning to wonder if you're the problem, not the vendors.

You're right about that.

How can you make that character judgement when you don't know me or my intentions? If you carefully read everything I've written I don't know why you'd call it trashing a vendor. Just because they contribute to your checks or hobby means we can't post an negative experience? The only people that censor posts in the vendor sections are the vendors themselves. While were on the topic I brought that to the moderators attention there and they uncensored it because is compromises the integrity of the forum. Did you read what happened with the previous scenario? You obviously aren't making a rational, logical assessment of the situation and I believe your tune would be quite different if you were in my shoes. I think I've handled this situation professionally and calmly, please enlighten me as to why looking out for my fellow enthusiasts is slander. I have no beef with the company, the gentleman who helped me out took my side and was helpful when I could actually get a hold of them. I don't wish any negative consequences on them other then maybe they will take care of community a little more since we tend to take care of each other.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:23 PM
BOMDC

So they blackmailed you to get your money back. Sorry....this has been a waste of posts. I don't believe that at all. Any normal person would have gone to the authorities if that happened. Next time I'll talk to Eddie or Satoshi and get the real story about your "part".

Bye....err....GL.

Talk to greg (the owner), I guarantee he will instantly recall it. Anyways I'm not here to argue my credibility, I have no stake in any automotive parts service, I just can't believe I'm getting this reaction from this forum only. Every other thread has plenty of people who have had similar situations. Not one to expend negative energy for any reason, I just felt this information would be beneficial. Happy Friday guys.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:41 PM
TheFarmer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^Does not help that all your posts on this forum make you sound like a little whiny b*tch. I've had a few beeRs and reread your thread. Let me highlight some gay stuff for you.

spend a couple hours prepping the car for install only to realize it’s the wrong part.
been without my car for a couple days (which has caused me a massive inconvenience)
have to put my car back together then take it apart if I get another sway bar
Please don't tell me it took you several hours to R&R a bleeding sway bar??? Let alone been without your car for a couple of days? lol. I can give your mother my tools and that biszh can R&R both FRONT AND REAR sway bars in ten minutes on a S2k.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:46 PM
BOMDC

Cool and funny guy is cool and funny. Not here for E-popularity, the real world strokes my ego. By all means though keep bumping the thread
Old 07-16-2010, 04:50 PM
Hexxus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just can't believe I'm getting this reaction from this forum only.
We are obviously a bunch of self-centered *******s. Here, let's have a pity party for you...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Quick Reply: Dissapointed with Grouppe-S Service