2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

too loud?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 11:52 AM
Count Driftula

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just be extra careful with the throttle around your apartment complex, roll in neutral when you can. and I would continue to keep it cool with that guy, especially if you think he is capable of retaliating against your car...
Old 07-18-2010, 01:18 PM
BillytheKid

the fattie's just jealous.
A. you have a girlfirend
B. you have a nice car
Old 07-18-2010, 04:01 PM
albaugh81

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the nismo exhaust system and someone told me its loud.
Old 07-18-2010, 04:45 PM
illjim69

Received 545 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by duro78
Theres no reason to complain about the guy your the one that is at fault. It might be music to your ear's but annoying to someone else. Loud exhausts offer little to no advantages in performance but in turn pisses everyone else around them off. A little common courtesy should be shown on your part, if you know you are going to live in an area where you will be in close proximity to others is a loud exhaust really being fair to your neighbors. Yeah he complained but I'm pretty sure it is an annoyance to several other tenants.
Originally Posted by chitownpete
You live in an apartment, you have neighbors very close, and you have a very loud racy car. You are likely pissing off lots of your neighbors . Life is better when you have fewer enemies and more friends. Your car is likely illegally loud and this is not fair to your neighbors. You didn't mean any harm but are likely annoying alot of people with your car. Consider taming it down a bit just to be a good neighbor, it will improve the quality of life for everybody including you in the end. Ignore the teenager suggestions to be hostile to the guy, at least he was man enough to tell you to your face. Loud cars only sound good to car guys like you and me, everybody else hates them. I like loud cars but also like happy neighbors. Good luck, maybe kill him with kindness. Usually works for me.

If the OP isn't revving it up all the time for no reason, then people just need to get over it. If they want peace and quiet, move to a private home with some acreage out in the country (that's where I bought my house, for that very reason). I am not suggesting that the OP should be a d!ck on purpose, but he has a right to move his cars in and out. Most Harleys are "illegally" loud too, but nobody ever cries about them. The only problem here is that I wouldn't put it past people to be a blubbering vagina about it and scratch his car or something.

Last edited by illjim69; 07-18-2010 at 05:01 PM.
Old 07-18-2010, 05:16 PM
NismoZ123

Default OP

The OP in the parking lot. How can he get away with this
Attached Thumbnails too loud?-engine-explosion.orc2611.v2.jpg  
Old 07-18-2010, 05:29 PM
blackedout03z

whats funny is there is a knock off Harley that parks like 15 spots down and he is just as loud if not louder than my car. i'm really going to have to post a video of the parking lot here. across from my car there has always been an old ice cream van, well now there is another one that parks beside it, its conspiracy in the making... to be honest i think only fat people have said my car was too loud maybe the exhaust not makes things jiggle or something?
Old 07-18-2010, 05:29 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Vids of your exhaust?

I have a feeling it's alot louder than you think it is.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:58 PM
AmnCruzie

Bah... exhausts are over-rated anyways. Do like me, and just drive around w/ straight downpipe and nothing else (btw, when my neighbor yelled at me for "revving unnecessarily" I still had an exhaust on the car, just a note, don't go saying that that's the reason he was yelling lol... If I tried it now, I think he'd have a heart attack MUAHAHAHAHAHA, so I might just do it )
Old 07-18-2010, 08:12 PM
FineWine

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by illjim69
Most Harleys are "illegally" loud too, but nobody ever cries about them.
I cry about them all the time.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:25 AM
duro78

^+1 ridiculously loud but cops pay absolutely no attention to them
Old 07-19-2010, 02:26 AM
duro78

Make peace with your neighbors or you will be coming out to a vandalized car one day
Old 07-19-2010, 07:34 AM
Reign_Man

if the person who runs the apartments said there is no noise ordinance law or watever then u have nothing to worry about, i still wouldnt go around revving loud but if ur just tryin to pull in and out of ur parkin spot dnt worry about them, i mean if that fat *** wants to push and pull ur car in and out of that spot everytime u gotta go sumwhere then tell him to do that, other then that, the dude is prolyl old, fat, and has nothin better to do than yell at sumone with a better life then him, think about it, hes the older dude livin in an apartment complex, just let him knw that unless he gets the manager spot and McD's hes not gonna ever get rid of the loud exhausts
Old 07-19-2010, 07:48 AM
FineWine

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope none of you are ever my neighbors. Your attitudes are impressive.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:59 AM
MarvinMartian

I rev my car in my garage with the door closed.

It's quieter that way.

I'm a courteous neighbor.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:15 AM
350z-Jason

Originally Posted by MarvinMartian
I rev my car in my garage with the door closed.

It's quieter that way.

I'm a courteous neighbor.
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YotTDZiuIyo&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YotTDZiuIyo&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 07-19-2010, 01:55 PM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Kuddos for keeping your cool. The neighbor sounds like a typical grumpy oldtimer...
Old 07-19-2010, 01:58 PM
Kirbaaybaayy

i would back you up on this thread but i have yet to come to a meet with you....
Old 07-19-2010, 04:07 PM
blackedout03z

hey kirb send me a pm and ill get ya my number and we can go to meet together one weekend. there is supposed to be a lot going on this weekend. and ill post some vids when in a few hours
Old 07-20-2010, 04:27 PM
SLeRoux92

Originally Posted by duro78
Theres no reason to complain about the guy your the one that is at fault. It might be music to your ear's but annoying to someone else. Loud exhausts offer little to no advantages in performance but in turn pisses everyone else around them off. A little common courtesy should be shown on your part, if you know you are going to live in an area where you will be in close proximity to others is a loud exhaust really being fair to your neighbors. Yeah he complained but I'm pretty sure it is an annoyance to several other tenants.
*there's, you're, ears. Don't poo on him for liking nice cars, sir.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:58 AM
illjim69

Received 545 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by FineWine
I hope none of you are ever my neighbors. Your attitudes are impressive.
You mean you don't wanna be my neighbor?

I don't see many bad attitudes. I cannot stand people who move into an apartment, condo or townhouse and expect everyone else to be as quiet as them or live by their rules. If peace and quiet is what you want, if you don't want to have to deal with other people, then you buy your own single family home and enjoy your life.

When you live in close proximity to other people, there is a certain amount of noise to expect. Not everyone works the same hours, not everyone has the same lifestyle, there are just tons of differences between people. What you might consider a "reasonable" level in terms of sound, someone else might think is excessive. That is why there are laws and rules in places like this. If you aren't violating the rules, then you're fine.

Quick Reply: too loud?