Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

too loud?

Old 07-22-2010, 07:22 AM
FineWine

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by illjim69
You mean you don't wanna be my neighbor?

I don't see many bad attitudes. I cannot stand people who move into an apartment, condo or townhouse and expect everyone else to be as quiet as them or live by their rules. If peace and quiet is what you want, if you don't want to have to deal with other people, then you buy your own single family home and enjoy your life.

When you live in close proximity to other people, there is a certain amount of noise to expect. Not everyone works the same hours, not everyone has the same lifestyle, there are just tons of differences between people. What you might consider a "reasonable" level in terms of sound, someone else might think is excessive. That is why there are laws and rules in places like this. If you aren't violating the rules, then you're fine.
I agree that if this story is described in full accuracy that this guy was just being a jerk, but too many people suggested that he be a bigger jerk. Saying he should purposely **** him off by revinng your engine, for example, doesn't make you any better than that guy. Neither does doing anything else to intentionally make the situation words. Just ignore him and go about your business if you're not doing anything wrong.

Secondly, Courtesy extends beyond the limits of rules and laws. Just because you CAN blare your system at 3am when my daughter is sleeping, doesn't mean you SHOULD.

Living in multifamily housing goes both ways. You have to accept that you may be bothered, and you have to accept that you'll have to try not to bother other people.

I don't think OP is doing anything wrong, but being a dick on purpose is just an immature attitude to take with your neighbors, and won't end well.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:33 AM
illjim69

Received 545 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by FineWine
I agree that if this story is described in full accuracy that this guy was just being a jerk, but too many people suggested that he be a bigger jerk. Saying he should purposely **** him off by revinng your engine, for example, doesn't make you any better than that guy. Neither does doing anything else to intentionally make the situation words. Just ignore him and go about your business if you're not doing anything wrong.

Secondly, Courtesy extends beyond the limits of rules and laws. Just because you CAN blare your system at 3am when my daughter is sleeping, doesn't mean you SHOULD.

Living in multifamily housing goes both ways. You have to accept that you may be bothered, and you have to accept that you'll have to try not to bother other people.

I don't think OP is doing anything wrong, but being a dick on purpose is just an immature attitude to take with your neighbors, and won't end well.
So then you don't wanna be my neighbor?
Old 07-22-2010, 09:42 AM
FineWine

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So then you don't wanna be my neighbor?
For some reason, I seriously think being neighbors with you would be a blast
Old 07-22-2010, 10:37 AM
illjim69

Received 545 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by FineWine
For some reason, I seriously think being neighbors with you would be a blast
Darn right!

Move on up here to VA dude, we can drink beer and play SSF4.
Old 07-25-2010, 02:07 PM
Subdermal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the OP isn't revving it up all the time for no reason, then people just need to get over it. If they want peace and quiet, move to a private home with some acreage out in the country (that's where I bought my house, for that very reason). I am not suggesting that the OP should be a d!ck on purpose, but he has a right to move his cars in and out. Most Harleys are "illegally" loud too, but nobody ever cries about them. The only problem here is that I wouldn't put it past people to be a blubbering vagina about it and scratch his car or something.
^this...totally

some people just need to get over **** if OP isn't in the wrong then i think the neighbor needs to just man up n stop acting like a bish...just my $0.02
Old 07-27-2010, 07:03 PM
Stock2Autocrozz

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Aps tests alone, and its controllable and can be vulgar display of power and there also is a primitive part of man that wants to hear the growl, the **** of the walk so to speak...but looms yet another alpha (fat guy) who is there to challenge the up and comer.

Congrats on level headedness.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:20 AM
BoomerZ33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by albaugh81
I have the nismo exhaust system and someone told me its loud.
LOL take that person to a dragstrip and torture them
Old 08-22-2010, 04:18 AM
Cute

i have the greddy Evo-TT exhaust + injen intake + HFCs + headers ..
the sounds is killing me
any idea how to make it low?
Old 08-22-2010, 04:32 AM
Z_HighSpeed

Originally Posted by Cute
i have the greddy Evo-TT exhaust + injen intake + HFCs + headers ..
the sounds is killing me
any idea how to make it low?
does your exhaust have silencers?