Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

too loud?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 10:29 PM
blackedout03z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default too loud?

i have an 03 z and it has test pipes and a custom dual exhaust with race mufflers, its loud but not the loudest street car I've ever heard. before i moved into my apartments i made sure to ask the manager if they had any rules on loud cars, she said no you just can't work on your car is the parking lot fair enough i guess. well i only drive my car once maybe twice a week and the rest of the time it is under a car cover. tonight when i got back from a local car meet i backed into my spot at around 2.5-3k and this fat guy walks out and begins yelling at me. i simply apologize and continue putting my cover on the car and that's when he said i over rev my car on purpose every day and every night and always wake him up. i nicely said no i drive it once twice a week and i pointed at the mustang beside and said that's what i drive the other 5-6 days. he said no you drive it everyday and always rev it, this angered me. i was still nice and said no i don't. i will admit the car is loud if i rev it high but i didn't. anybody ever have a problem like this?
Old 07-17-2010, 01:09 AM
JDMStanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mustangs are loud enough to wake me up..But there are some morons stick to what they believe and never listen to others.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:49 AM
Z_HighSpeed

i have megan racing long tube headers into an invidia catback, no cats at all - and I don't think that's loud.
Old 07-17-2010, 04:17 AM
Swimminggerman

What are you doing at 2.5-3k rpm to get into a parking spot? Is that thing a Honda?
Do you have a special clutch or flywheel? If its all stock you should be able to pull it off at 1-1.5k. I mean I know sometimes when Im in the "mood" and I like to giver her gas to get moving quicker in and out of places, but most of the time when im parking its easy does it.

Kudos on being cool headed. I know I would have tried to blow up, prob would have been cool too because I would not want any trouble towards my vehicle etc. But I'm sick of peoples stupid sh*t and have a quick tongue.

So this thought came to me; hopefully you've got a v8 stang. If so, i say buy some long tubes and straight pipes or cutouts. Since you drive it daily, im sure you want peace and quiet now and then. but when you come home, just open her up and let the guy know your home. Make sure to check with local noise ordinance laws (city,county,state).

Last edited by Swimminggerman; 07-17-2010 at 04:21 AM. Reason: a good idea
Old 07-17-2010, 04:55 AM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Papa bear says too loud.
Momma bear says too quiet.
Baby bear says just right.
Old 07-17-2010, 06:11 AM
Pig Pen

you can afford 2 cars, but not a house? Get out of apartment hell and rent/buy a house. Unless you want "fat guy" to find some reason to screw up your car, I'd leave. You may be in the right here, but you can't make 200 people in 1 sq acre happy.
Old 07-17-2010, 08:38 AM
blackedout03z

my mustang is very quite, all it has it a magnaflow cat back. and the reason i live here is because the school i'm going to is close by. and i have a jwt clutch and flywheel and i park in a corner up an incline. i think i'm going to go to the office and complain the some fat guy yelled obscenities at me and my girl
Old 07-17-2010, 08:53 AM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Novesh and blackdout Post Vids NOW!!! lol thx
Old 07-17-2010, 12:44 PM
FineWine

Originally Posted by Pig Pen
you can afford 2 cars, but not a house? Get out of apartment hell and rent/buy a house. Unless you want "fat guy" to find some reason to screw up your car, I'd leave. You may be in the right here, but you can't make 200 people in 1 sq acre happy.
a car costs significantly less than a house.
Old 07-17-2010, 03:36 PM
Ruthless18x

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Pig Pen
You're an idiot.
Old 07-17-2010, 03:53 PM
AmnCruzie

Annoying neighbors complaining about every little thing FT-Epic-L... My neighbor came out yelling at me about a week ago at 7pm cuz I was fixing my car in my driveway so that I could go to work the next day, and had to throttle it a little to check a few things (didnt go past 2.5k). He started saying something about me revving to red line for no reason and it was waking him and his wife while they were trying to sleep. Im sorry, 7pm, seriously?! If it were nite-time than sure, I'll avoid revving... but the sun was still up!!!

Last edited by AmnCruzie; 07-17-2010 at 03:54 PM.
Old 07-17-2010, 04:47 PM
NewJoyZ

sweet thread.
Old 07-17-2010, 05:40 PM
blackedout03z

the lady in the office said if he yells at me again to figure out what apt he's in and let them know and they will go talk to him. she said it's probably a different car and he's just thinks it's me. i live close enough to a car school that you can hear dyno runs every now and then so why would complain he should have know what he was getting into with a car school near by. and i might get some videos next weekend, i really do only drive it on Fridays and sometimes on Saturdays.
Old 07-18-2010, 04:36 AM
duro78

Theres no reason to complain about the guy your the one that is at fault. It might be music to your ear's but annoying to someone else. Loud exhausts offer little to no advantages in performance but in turn pisses everyone else around them off. A little common courtesy should be shown on your part, if you know you are going to live in an area where you will be in close proximity to others is a loud exhaust really being fair to your neighbors. Yeah he complained but I'm pretty sure it is an annoyance to several other tenants.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:21 AM
blackedout03z

well its not like i reved it any higher than i had to, and its 1 night a week. its not like you can't hear fire trucks and ambulances go by every now and then or even dyno pulls. loud cars and trucks drive by all the time. i could understand him being mad if i had music up too loud or i was just sitting there reving for no reason, but i just backed in my spot. and its not like i go fast through the parking lot, i go very slow just in case some one or something runs out, everyone else floors it though the parking lot. i made sure to ask BEFORE i moved in if the apartments cared about my exhaust being loud and the said it didn't matter how loud my car was, this was a few months before i moved in. if they had said it can't be too loud i was going to get another set up that wasn't as loud but they didn't care.I can't be the one he hears every day and every night because i don't drive it but once a week...
Old 07-18-2010, 08:45 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,284 Likes on 1,646 Posts

Just ignore the fat slob
Old 07-18-2010, 10:09 AM
tylerxfire

i would have got right back in and banged it off the rev limiter continuously for about 5 minutes and told him to **** off and get back in his hole...no joke!!!
Old 07-18-2010, 10:19 AM
chitownpete

You live in an apartment, you have neighbors very close, and you have a very loud racy car. You are likely pissing off lots of your neighbors . Life is better when you have fewer enemies and more friends. Your car is likely illegally loud and this is not fair to your neighbors. You didn't mean any harm but are likely annoying alot of people with your car. Consider taming it down a bit just to be a good neighbor, it will improve the quality of life for everybody including you in the end. Ignore the teenager suggestions to be hostile to the guy, at least he was man enough to tell you to your face. Loud cars only sound good to car guys like you and me, everybody else hates them. I like loud cars but also like happy neighbors. Good luck, maybe kill him with kindness. Usually works for me.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:43 AM
Flee0588

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

ummm....maybe some people are just stupid?

my car is well under 90 dbs yet my neighbor use to yell at me to "slow down" while im going 20mph in a 20 limit. One day when I passed him and he yelled at me, I had to tell him and his bastard kid to stfu (he had his 10 year old kid doing it too). Imagine every time you leave or come home some idiot yelling at you to slow down while you are going the speed limit.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:44 AM
FineWine

Originally Posted by tylerxfire
i would have got right back in and banged it off the rev limiter continuously for about 5 minutes and told him to **** off and get back in his hole...no joke!!!

Are you 17?

Quick Reply: too loud?