Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Jerked around by DTM with screenshots

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 03:28 PM
350z-Jason

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jerked around by DTM with screenshots

Around 2 weeks ago, I saw DTM's thread with really good pricing. In the thread... pricing was posted. $325 for Chargespeed rear w/ cf insert, and $140 for amuse front (the two pieces I was interested in). I emailed DTM that night. The next morning, when he replied to it, I notice the thread has been edited at 3am, and the prices are no longer in the thread.

The replies on my email go to the top, so read from the bottom to the top, or it can be kind of confusing.

This convo takes place between Robert and I:

I PM Strafe my quote, to see if they can do a little better they PM me a very good quote back, and I decided to see if Robert can match it. I figured I'd just do parts, paint and prep through them and be done with it.

Well I found out Robert doesn't work there anymore. I email Avery and this is the convo I have with him:

I then forward my emails FROM ROBERT to Avery and he gives me this BS:

Notice how Robert didn't give me a timeframe in his emails, I doubt Avery even talked to him. What difference does 1 week make in the pricing anyways? VIS hasn't raised their prices.

It sounds like Robert was the only good person over at DTM, and now he's gone. I'll just stick with Strafe, because what I experienced is ridiculous.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:33 PM
motomadness910

Stinks you went through that man I know when I purchased my stuff it took time to get it but when I did I was a happy man now im going back up to paint all my pieces but gl with strafe
Old 07-22-2010, 04:38 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Received 413 Likes on 236 Posts
Default dtm

that sucks too.. i am still updating a thread about how DTM did me well.. and Robert was the guy spearheading the good work.. yeAh, ill have to add that to my thread, buy at your own risk if hes gone.. he was super young too strangely enuff.. jut turned 21.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:47 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Seems like a common ploy. Advertise at one price, then the seller contacts you with another. I just say "no thank you" and end the relationship there.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:27 PM
DTMAUTO
Vendor - Former Vendor

If anyone has a problem, you are more than willing to contact me at (818) 731-2298, I may be new here but I'm more than willing to help solve past issues =)
Old 07-22-2010, 06:34 PM
calin
Banned

Wow what's up with all these shady DTM threads lately?
Old 07-22-2010, 06:35 PM
phreaktor
Design Engineer

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Posting your full name and email ftl.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:39 PM
350z-Jason

"I'm sorry I can't offer you those prices, there's really nothing I can do, I sell for what management says."

That's what your last message says... so I am unsure how you are going to make the situation right?
I have my emails from the person that originally used the DTMAUTO account on here... and apparently those prices are 2 days too old even though there was no time frame given to me by him.

As I told you, I am more than willing to place an order w/ paint + fit even... but the prices don't even match your own company's emails. Strafe did give me better pricing than you, so I can just order from them, and get it painted locally and come out ahead.

Feel free to PM me if you have a resolution
Old 07-22-2010, 06:59 PM
DTMAUTO
Vendor - Former Vendor

I do not appreciate this slander. First off, I took over this forum officially from Robert YESTERDAY. Therefore, I don't know what quotes you have been given, I don't know what specials their were, when I need help, I ask Robert for advice on how to deal with issues and I usually go off what he says since he has been on here for a while.

1.If you don't believe I talked to Robert, feel free to call him, if you like I will pm you his number and you can ask him yourself.

2.Shady threads? Name people we have screwed over? That kind of slander is not appreciated, we would not have been in this industry this long if we were doing shady deals.

3. There are no advertised prices anymore per a agreement with our suppliers.

4. I guarantee that Strafe will no longer match that price, we are business partners now.

I trust that we can act mature about this, if you want to bash someone who has been on this forum for a FULL day if that, fine, but I see no point in it.

I will be pming you soon Jason, but you should just call me =)
Old 07-22-2010, 07:10 PM
350z-Jason

There's really no slander? Just showing people what happened to me. They can decide for themselves what happened.

I don't have to order through you, or strafe if you quote prices, then change them 2 days later (I don't know if they will give me the price they quoted me or not). I can just go directly to VIS.

I forwarded you the emails Robert sent me to help you realize my frustration, and you just added to it... There's really nothing to debate considering everything has been sent to you prior to this thread ever being created.

Robert agreed to give me a price he was advertising at the time of my email, you can't give match the price your co-worker did even though I forwarded you our exact conversation. So you can't say you don't know what quotes I've been given since they were in your inbox before you typed that.

Enough said, good luck in the future Avery
Old 07-22-2010, 07:12 PM
calin
Banned

Originally Posted by DTMAUTO
I do not appreciate this slander. First off, I took over this forum officially from Robert YESTERDAY. Therefore, I don't know what quotes you have been given, I don't know what specials their were, when I need help, I ask Robert for advice on how to deal with issues and I usually go off what he says since he has been on here for a while.

1.If you don't believe I talked to Robert, feel free to call him, if you like I will pm you his number and you can ask him yourself.

2.Shady threads? Name people we have screwed over? That kind of slander is not appreciated, we would not have been in this industry this long if we were doing shady deals.

3. There are no advertised prices anymore per a agreement with our suppliers.

4. I guarantee that Strafe will no longer match that price, we are business partners now.

I trust that we can act mature about this, if you want to bash someone who has been on this forum for a FULL day if that, fine, but I see no point in it.

I will be pming you soon Jason, but you should just call me =)
If you don't appreciate this thread, then why do you guys keep giving out false quotes? I can't believe you guys haven't stopped doing this after all the bad rep you guys have gotten on this forum. And you really haven't noticed any other bad threads about your shop? Really? Why don't you try searching a little harder because there are plenty. I was also given a false quote when I had my body kit painted by you guys. I was given one price on the forum, then I went in to get it painted and the price suddenly shot up about $400 . If you don't appreciate threads that make you look bad, then why not stop giving people wrong price quotes? Word of mouth spreads fast
Old 07-22-2010, 07:18 PM
DTMAUTO
Vendor - Former Vendor

False quotes? If you have had a problem in the past don't sit here and blame it on me. Talk to whomever you think wronged you. Like I said, I GOT ON THIS FORUM YESTERDAY. If you have beef with me personally, fine, talk it out with me, I posted my number, I'd be more than happy to chat. If I had nothing to do with it I don't see how blaming me helps.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:18 PM
calin
Banned

I gotta say though, DTM does EXCELLENT quality work. I've seen their work on a few cars and was shocked at how well they do bodywork. And I really don't even mind paying a little more for bodywork as long as the work is done right. But giving a customer one quote and then changing the price when it comes time to buy is just shady to me.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:19 PM
calin
Banned

Originally Posted by DTMAUTO
False quotes? If you have had a problem in the past don't sit here and blame it on me. Talk to whomever you think wronged you. Like I said, I GOT ON THIS FORUM YESTERDAY. If you have beef with me personally, fine, talk it out with me, I posted my number, I'd be more than happy to chat. If I had nothing to do with it I don't see how blaming me helps.
I'm not blaming you at all, I was talking about DTM in general. Sorry if I made it seem like I was directing that towards you.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:19 PM
DTMAUTO
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 350z-Jason
There's really no slander? Just showing people what happened to me. They can decide for themselves what happened.

I don't have to order through you, or strafe if you quote prices, then change them 2 days later (I don't know if they will give me the price they quoted me or not). I can just go directly to VIS.

I forwarded you the emails Robert sent me to help you realize my frustration, and you just added to it... There's really nothing to debate considering everything has been sent to you prior to this thread ever being created.

Robert agreed to give me a price he was advertising at the time of my email, you can't give match the price your co-worker did even though I forwarded you our exact conversation. So you can't say you don't know what quotes I've been given since they were in your inbox before you typed that.

Enough said, good luck in the future Avery
Then talk to Robert, ask him if he will honor the quote. When it's all said and done, after all the **** talking, why do you still want to buy from us? I don't get it. If you dislike our service and our prices, feel free to shop elsewhere.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:23 PM
DTMAUTO
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by calin
I'm not blaming you at all, I was talking about DTM in general. Sorry if I made it seem like I was directing that towards you.
Thanks Calin, anyways as I said numerous times before, I have had nothing to do with this forum before yesterday, if you would like help resolving a problem with us, I'm down, I'll do my best to help. I will try and get the issues resolved in a mature manner.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:26 PM
DTMAUTO
Vendor - Former Vendor

Oh and Calin, i love your sig, i had to steal it for my fb status
Old 07-22-2010, 08:39 PM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

you seem cheap as hell mcbrosephson. moral of the story is to pull the trigger when you see a good deal - not see a really good deal, hunt for a better deal for a week, then be upset that you cannot get the original deal.

live and learn
Old 07-22-2010, 08:41 PM
350z-Jason

Originally Posted by Entaille
you seem cheap as hell mcbrosephson. moral of the story is to pull the trigger when you see a good deal - not see a really good deal, hunt for a better deal for a week, then be upset that you cannot get the original deal.

live and learn
Sorry, I don't wipe my *** with $100's big baller.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:47 PM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm not a baller either but you hit the jackpot and were naive enough to try to rub that jackpot in another vendors face to get a better price. just jump on it next time

Quick Reply: Jerked around by DTM with screenshots