Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Non Bose Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2002, 10:36 AM
350zpower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Non Bose Upgrade

Has anyone started to think about the most effective way to upgrade the non bose soundsystem. Would adding a aftermarket bass relieve the distortion that occurs when you blast the music passed volume 20, or will all speakers have to be replaced?

thanks
Old 09-03-2002, 01:43 PM
rai

I'm no stereo guru, but I find you get what you pay for. In other words, the stock speakers probably cost like $5 each. Now the first thing I would do is replace all the speakers with some quality speakers, next add a sub and an amp. The last thing I would do is replace the head unit.

You may hear other points of view about the head unit, but I doubt you will ever hear to stick with the stock speakers.

The reason I want to stick with the stock head unit is that it looks stock, not some aftermarket flash job. In other words stock looks stealth. Second if you put good speakers and a quality amp, I'm not sure hom much better a aftermarket head unit is. I know it may have more and cleaner power, but I think that's what the amps are for.

Can we have some discussion on this matter???
Old 09-03-2002, 02:12 PM
max2000jp

Originally posted by rai
I'm no stereo guru, but I find you get what you pay for. In other words, the stock speakers probably cost like $5 each. Now the first thing I would do is replace all the speakers with some quality speakers, next add a sub and an amp. The last thing I would do is replace the head unit.

You may hear other points of view about the head unit, but I doubt you will ever hear to stick with the stock speakers.

The reason I want to stick with the stock head unit is that it looks stock, not some aftermarket flash job. In other words stock looks stealth. Second if you put good speakers and a quality amp, I'm not sure hom much better a aftermarket head unit is. I know it may have more and cleaner power, but I think that's what the amps are for.

Can we have some discussion on this matter???
Im not too big into car audio, but I plan on doing a few upgrades to the stock system. I plan on keeping the stock head unit like yourself and adding some decent speakers from Best Buy or Circuit City. I will then buy and amp and build something to fit in the hole where the BOSE 10" sub fits or just use a free-air sub. It looks like there is plenty of room behind the back seats to make everything look neat and out of site.