2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

what mod should i get?!?! help?!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 05:25 PM
jbaker1121
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey man, there's always haters.

hnestly, save up for a mod that iwll actually do something. you have 1700 now? good. save up 7000 more and get a twin turbo.

I got my FX @ 17 and went through the typical thing all young kids do with cars...buy a bunch of pointless **** that doesnt do anything.

im telling you, resist the urge and SAVE UP
Old 07-28-2010, 09:50 PM
Flipntek69

Just a word of advice. Just leave out your age on any future threads you will post. People automatically consider you a noob here when they find out that you're under 18. Oh well lesson learned. buahaha. Next time just get to the point and ask your question without the extra BS. Nways to answer your question... Just save your money.....
Old 07-28-2010, 11:22 PM
hpka365

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know it's tempting and you want mods now but I've spent over $3,500 in mods and I honestly wish I hadn't done any of it.I'm happy with what I've done but do the smart thing and save 5 or 6 thousand, get a used vortech or the boosted performance kit and then change everything else.
I wish I would've researched more before I started buying stuff. I could've had a turbo kit by now.
Just trust me. you'll be much more satisfied when you have 400 whp instead of all the other ****.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:03 PM
shaddy-z.

This is why I don't ask forums for advice, and I just search and research intensively. Because *******s like the ones featured in this forum, stereotype 17 year olds. I'm 17. I've installed all the mods to my car. I do it with all my friends, and they're all older then me. Like 20+. So just find a good group of responsible friends to go out with and have fun, and stay away from the forum. OR you could just not mention your age.

Have fun with the Z! Be safe Summertime, cops are everywhere! Invest in a valentine. It's amazing.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:54 PM
ImWeeZzel
350Z-holic

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

^^^did you buy your Z all by your own too?
Old 07-29-2010, 05:58 PM
AmnCruzie

Haha look Shaddy, it's not the age that bothers us, it's the attitude. If you're humble, don't try and act like you're important cuz your daddy has money, and recognize that you were lucky enough to be silver-spoon fed all your life, it'll go a LONG way. At least w/ me. But when you sit here and try to tell me that, because you got a shitty summer job for 2 months that paid you 2k total, you paid for the car and all the mods yourself, that's just down right insulting to those of us who actually DO pay for the vehicle and mods ourselves. I mean, I make $60k a year (roughly), just got paid today, and I'm not gonna have much cash until the 15th because I'm getting a one-off turbo back and one-off oil cooler fabricated tomorrow... It definitely helps not posting your age, because than we'll give you the benefit of the doubt. But still it's the attitude, not the age, that bothers me. I WAS truely independent at 18 (military) and I KNOW there is no way in hell I couldve ever afforded this car and all the mods back then. Just accepting that Daddy is shelling out cash for you and being GRATEFUL and humble about it, that's all I ask for.

Last edited by AmnCruzie; 07-29-2010 at 06:04 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:17 PM
billsrcursed

Originally Posted by Shaddy-Z.
This is why I don't ask forums for advice, and I just search and research intensively. Because *******s like the ones featured in this forum, stereotype 17 year olds. I'm 17. I've installed all the mods to my car. I do it with all my friends, and they're all older then me. Like 20+. So just find a good group of responsible friends to go out with and have fun, and stay away from the forum. OR you could just not mention your age.

Have fun with the Z! Be safe Summertime, cops are everywhere! Invest in a valentine. It's amazing.
We don't stereotype ALL 17 year olds.

Just the ones that do dumb shyt like call us bytches...
Old 07-31-2010, 12:15 PM
ThatguywithaZ

Save up all you can and buy the mods that will get you the most bang for your buck. I started with wheels just to hope to get the priciest thing out of the way first. But I did buy HRE wheels so what was I going to expect. LOL
Old 07-31-2010, 01:16 PM
shaddy-z.

I'm not acting like I'm important. I didn't say bytches by the way, I said a$$holes. Easy to misinterpret though, they're both 7 letters. Anyways, I did not have a crappy summer job. I'm actually a computer salesman at Best Buy, and I'm also starting to become promoted Administrator of the Cashier department. I've been here for a year and half, and I make a pretty good sum of money at my age of 17. My dad shells out some money, such as insurance every other month or so, if I keep my grades up. I consider it a gift. But I DO pay for all the mods. My dad doesn't care, it's my money, and if anything goes wrong, I have to pay for maintenance.

So before you stereotype me once again, not being disrespectful, ask about me first. Learn about me. Age is just a number. True experience comes with age, but in this situation I'm doing pretty well for my age. I'm A-Plus certified, as well as Java and C++. I can get many engineering jobs at my age, and am probably going to quit best buy to work for my school district at over $20 an hour. Starting pay.

Just give me some time to sit down with you guys. I WANT to learn. I don't do stupid stuff. I'm not the type of kid that goes and races all the time. I'm learning more about my car before I take it to the track, so i'm comfortable when that moment comes. I'm sure there's many other 17 year olds on this forum like me. So just accept us. I work really hard for what I have, just like you guys. I don't have anything just given to me. So don't take it as if I'm disrespecting you guys. I look up to you guys. But how can I look up to people who shoot me down without a chance?
Old 07-31-2010, 03:44 PM
ThatguywithaZ

Seems like a decent enough kid.
But remember opinions are like a$$holes everybodys got one. So do the mods you want. Its your car afterall and like you said you are paying for it.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:46 PM
shaddy-z.

Yeah thanks (:
And very true, I'm not going to bag on anybody for their opinion. They have a right to have one, so it's whatever.
Anyways, I think as far as starting first I want some Silver Work Meister S1's because black and gold are over used. I think it'd look clean on my PPW. Then some coils to go HellaFlush? Or Almost Flush. The roads here are terrible.
Old 07-31-2010, 05:09 PM
acke15

I'm not acting like I'm important. I didn't say bytches by the way, I said a$$holes. Easy to misinterpret though, they're both 7 letters. Anyways, I did not have a crappy summer job. I'm actually a computer salesman at Best Buy, and I'm also starting to become promoted Administrator of the Cashier department. I've been here for a year and half, and I make a pretty good sum of money at my age of 17. My dad shells out some money, such as insurance every other month or so, if I keep my grades up. I consider it a gift. But I DO pay for all the mods. My dad doesn't care, it's my money, and if anything goes wrong, I have to pay for maintenance.

So before you stereotype me once again, not being disrespectful, ask about me first. Learn about me. Age is just a number. True experience comes with age, but in this situation I'm doing pretty well for my age. I'm A-Plus certified, as well as Java and C++. I can get many engineering jobs at my age, and am probably going to quit best buy to work for my school district at over $20 an hour.Starting pay.

Just give me some time to sit down with you guys. I WANT to learn. I don't do stupid stuff. I'm not the type of kid that goes and races all the time. I'm learning more about my car before I take it to the track, so i'm comfortable when that moment comes. I'm sure there's many other 17 year olds on this forum like me. So just accept us. I work really hard for what I have, just like you guys. I don't have anything just given to me. So don't take it as if I'm disrespecting you guys. I look up to you guys. But how can I look up to people who shoot me down without a chance?
your trying to brag about how much your going to make... that is why people stereotype you.. its a generation thing
Old 07-31-2010, 08:20 PM
shaddy-z.

I didn't mean it to brag I was just trying to use it as symbolism as to that I'm not a normal 17 year old. I'm a hard worker. Different point of views will show different results I guess. I understand where you're coming from though. The whole generations thing, is the older generations have worked harder then the new. I can't argue against this. Because in most situations it's true. No hard feelings right?
Old 07-31-2010, 08:51 PM
acke15

I didn't mean it to brag I was just trying to use it as symbolism as to that I'm not a normal 17 year old. I'm a hard worker. Different point of views will show different results I guess. I understand where you're coming from though. The whole generations thing, is the older generations have worked harder then the new. I can't argue against this. Because in most situations it's true. No hard feelings right?
nope. im only 24. but i was raised with the older generations mentality. work hard for what you want, and you'll appreciate it more
Old 07-31-2010, 09:01 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,317 Likes on 1,668 Posts

Just buy wheels, but save up a few more bucks. $2k is a great starting point for wheels and tires.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:07 AM
AmnCruzie

Originally Posted by AmnCruzie
Haha look Shaddy, it's not the age that bothers us, it's the attitude. If you're humble, don't try and act like you're important cuz your daddy has money, and recognize that you were lucky enough to be silver-spoon fed all your life, it'll go a LONG way. At least w/ me. But when you sit here and try to tell me that, because you got a shitty summer job for 2 months that paid you 2k total, you paid for the car and all the mods yourself, that's just down right insulting to those of us who actually DO pay for the vehicle and mods ourselves. I mean, I make $60k a year (roughly), just got paid today, and I'm not gonna have much cash until the 15th because I'm getting a one-off turbo back and one-off oil cooler fabricated tomorrow... It definitely helps not posting your age, because than we'll give you the benefit of the doubt. But still it's the attitude, not the age, that bothers me. I WAS truely independent at 18 (military) and I KNOW there is no way in hell I couldve ever afforded this car and all the mods back then. Just accepting that Daddy is shelling out cash for you and being GRATEFUL and humble about it, that's all I ask for.
^Haha hey man, I wasn't saying you in particular are that way (I used ur name so that u/ppl would know who/what I was referencing). Hence the highlighted words that make the paragraph hypothetical. I tend to try and give everybody the benefit of the doubt. But you can't deny that the majority of 17y/o's on here do tend to act that way. Also, you seem like a decent kid and seem to have your head on straight. But like acke15 said, and not to say youre bragging, I get what you did there, but it is a job you don't have yet. I mean, technically if my dumb a** didn't re-enlist, I was offered and COULD'VE gotten a job as a DoD civilian starting off at over $100k a year... But I did so I didn't and now I'm not. You'd be surprised how much can happen and change in an insanely short period of time (just a bit of advice from somebody slightly older who has seen a helluva a lot for my age)
Old 08-01-2010, 08:22 PM
joliuxsi

When I was 17, I had a job that paid minimum wage (~$5.15) at the time. I completed undergrad, and now have a career as an IT Consultant. I also received my A+ when I was 18

But anyways, glad to see that you have a plan in life and remember... attending AND finishing college makes a big difference for many people !
Old 08-01-2010, 08:28 PM
ChrisR

Originally Posted by billsrcursed
Hi. I noticed you're from Orlando, too.

Please stay away from Seminole/Volusia counties.

kthxbai...
and off obt on fridays and saturdays, i drive a silver z and dont want people confusing us when u go driving wreckless
Old 08-02-2010, 07:18 AM
LollerShakes

So before you stereotype me once again, not being disrespectful, ask about me first. Learn about me. Age is just a number. True experience comes with age, but in this situation I'm doing pretty well for my age. I'm A-Plus certified, as well as Java and C++. I can get many engineering jobs at my age, and am probably going to quit best buy to work for my school district at over $20 an hour. Starting pay.

If you work at BestBuy Then Thats fine, no one cares what your certified in, muchless where you work. How bout this. Start over make a new name, and then make a Forum Thread that says, Just bought a stock Z, have about 2k to work with, what should I do first. THEN you would have been told to do either wheels and tires, or get exhaust jwt popcharger and plenum spacer, either way your F'd now, so good luck. Starting off on the Forums bad is like walking into your first day of high school with your pants around your ankles and a **** stain on your scooby doo under-roo's. Just do what I did when I got mine. Dropped 2500 in audio, Tint, Blacked out Tail Lights, And do the engine stuff I told you to do if you decide not to get wheels and tires. A good starting point is JWT popCharger, plenum Spacer, and Exhaust with TINT IMO............

Quick Reply: what mod should i get?!?! help?!