Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Bose debacle aside, I absolutely adore my car!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2002, 07:51 PM
droideka

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Bose debacle aside, I absolutely adore my car!

Four and a half days of ownership, 476 miles. I'm ecstatic everytime I get behind the wheel and I have yet to pass the 5K RPM threshhold. For those still waiting, you will not be dissappointed in the way this car moves.

I honestly did not anticipate the Z to be as fantastic as it actually is. I expected maybe a little less, probably because of the price point, but my expectations have been greatly surpassed. As reviews said long ago, and what we as new owners are just beginning to realize, this is a no ******** sports car. If I were to sum up the performance I've realized so far out of the Z during it's break-in period, I'd say, think E36 M3 with more stick and more grunt. I have pushed the car repeatedly through highspeed switchbacks and decreasing radius curves without the slightest bit of drama in the handling department and a huge smile on my face. Corrections via the wheel are precise and always on target. It's as if you're connected directly to the vehicle and what you "think" is what happens. When your passenger screams, "WOO HOO!" at 70MPH through a chicane, you know you picked the right car and that all of the torturous waiting has paid off ten fold.

This is just the beginning, folks. As the next few weeks pass and more of you take delivery of your Zs, you'll be wanting to share your stories and we will all want to hear them. A new Z is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

I'm going driving...
Old 09-03-2002, 08:04 PM
articfury
Charter Member #55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

droid-

It is encouraging to read posts like this. Those of us that are still waiting may take solice in them. Well, that is unless it drives us insane that we will be waiting longer Thanks for keeping the community up to date with your posts. I also like your site. The log is a good idea.

JD
Old 09-03-2002, 08:19 PM
Z Mack

Droid,

From now on, you are not allowed to post unless you include another bad-*** shot of your bad-*** Silverstone Z. I see a post by you and I expect another gorgeous photo of that car.

My Silverstone is still a month or two away. Your pics are the only thing keeping me going.

You have been warned!!!
Old 09-03-2002, 08:40 PM
mkabrisky

Default Anyone know if the non-Bose ....

system causes the same problem or not.? Thanks.

Mike
Silverstone, Enthusiast- 6MT
Old 09-03-2002, 08:55 PM
DaKine-Z-

Default HELP!

Droidekaus,

I live here in Dallas and just got my PPW Z on monday. I need to take some good digital pictures of my car and nobody that I know has a digital camera..... I would gladly pay you if you could hook me up with a couple good photos since you do such a fine job....... Ricky
Old 09-03-2002, 09:57 PM
z350z
Charter Member #13

Default Re: Anyone know if the non-Bose ....

Originally posted by mkabrisky
system causes the same problem or not.? Thanks.

Mike
Silverstone, Enthusiast- 6MT
The non-Bose system does not have that volume/base fade in/out problem that many have reported. (It just sounds like crap all the time -- but at least it's consistent! )
Old 09-04-2002, 01:33 AM
madmonkey

Dakine - please get some pics of the PPW up on here, havent seen many pics at all of the white
Old 09-04-2002, 04:55 AM
rai

Default Re: Re: Anyone know if the non-Bose ....

Originally posted by z350z

The non-Bose system does not have that volume/base fade in/out problem that many have reported. (It just sounds like crap all the time -- but at least it's consistent! )
LOL, but at least it's cheap crap.

Thanks for the post, I am afraid that I have built the car up so that it will not be able to meet my expectations. But you seem to think it really is better than it should be (at this price). I really can't wait.

Also more silverstone pics please. (Like in that oliver twist movie I want some more please).

Old 09-04-2002, 05:45 AM
ColecatZ

I have to agree with Droid on this one. I was at the dealership getting the car when he picked his up and the car was more than I expected. I was ready for a shotty interior and decent performance, mostly due to to the price point, like droid mentioned.

The quality of the car is much better than I expected and would have gladly paid 40k+ for the car or atleast felt it was justified for someone else to pay it, since that is more than I want to spend on a car at this point.

I feel for all those still waiting but know that it is well worth it. I knew after the first few turns I took while out doing a little "spirited" driving.

Break in Sux - 648 miles since 4:30 Friday and pushing
Old 09-04-2002, 06:02 AM
fairladyZ in Japan

Default keep it coming, guys

Droid... and now Colecat..

Keep posting your impressions... I never (and I believe the rest of us) never get tired of any update regarding DRIVING the Z.

You guys have yours... the rest of us soon... (or like me) later.

Thanks
Old 09-04-2002, 06:40 AM
DaKine-Z-

Originally posted by madmonkey
Dakine - please get some pics of the PPW up on here, havent seen many pics at all of the white

Madmonkey,

As soon as I can find someone with some skill and a good digital camera I will be posting pictures all over the place. I see that you choose PPW and let me tell you that you will not be at all disappointed! I myslef couldn't be more happy with the color choice
Old 09-04-2002, 07:30 AM
ColecatZ

Dakine, if you and I could get together with Droid and Internet Abyss when his car gets here, that would make for some sweet shots.

PP White, 2 Silverstones, and a Chrome Silver would go well with the backgrounds Droid had for his car.

I'll be out trying to get some nice pics this weekend, but my camera is only a 2.4 Megapixel so we'll see what I can come up with....I have NO skillz.
Old 09-04-2002, 07:36 AM
NSANY
Charter Member #52

For someone who has "HATE" inlaid in the neck of his guitar, isn't 'adore' a bit of an effeminate word to use?

(J/K, Droid. Enjoy. I'm just insanely jealous that my car's not here yet.)
Old 09-04-2002, 07:38 AM
droideka

Originally posted by ColecatZ
Dakine, if you and I could get together with Droid and Internet Abyss when his car gets here, that would make for some sweet shots.

PP White, 2 Silverstones, and a Chrome Silver would go well with the backgrounds Droid had for his car.
Guys, let's try and meet up on Sunday in NW Plano in the Legacy business park area. There's a parking garage at Computer Associates that we can get top level access to and shoot pics.
Old 09-04-2002, 07:42 AM
droideka

Originally posted by NSANY
For someone who has "HATE" inlaid in the neck of his guitar, isn't 'adore' a bit of an effeminate word to use?

(J/K, Droid. Enjoy. I'm just insanely jealous that my car's not here yet.)
It is pretty fruity, isn't it? But cars are a lot like women, and I adore them as well.
Old 09-04-2002, 07:59 AM
mdouvris

Default More pics!

Yea Droid...MORE PICS!! That silverstone is LIVE! I really enjoy your impressions of the car. Keep us updated. BTW, Droid bite the bullett....Upgrade the sound in your Z! You will be spending too much time in there to put up with shitty sounds!
Old 09-04-2002, 08:39 AM
DaKine-Z-

Droidekaus + ColecatZ and anyone else from Dallas area,

If we could maybe try and meet up prior to Sunday, that would be best for my schedule but just name the time and place and I will be there! Here is my e-mail so we can make some plans. DaKine79@aol.com Looking forward to meeting you guys, your cars and especailly taking some quality pictures to post up on this site. Thanks.......Ricky
Old 09-04-2002, 08:49 AM
BigZ

Default AHHH

You guys are killing me..
Maybe we can have a get together once more of us, including myself, get our babies.

Expecting sometime in October..... THIS IS KILLING ME!
Old 09-04-2002, 09:11 AM
aggie300zx

I'm game for meeting up Sunday! Lets pick a time and roll with it. I can't do Fri or Sat, my car will be at the stereo shop getting window tint and stereo installed.

Quick Reply: Bose debacle aside, I absolutely adore my car!