Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 06:38 AM
Ryan18Bailey
JealousZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 01-23-2009, 07:29 AM
Chaser720
Lemoned Z

Originally Posted by Ryan18Bailey
HAAHA

+1 That makes my morning. Thanks VO
Old 01-23-2009, 10:13 AM
8cd03gro

Does anyone else find it ironic that the people calling younger people in general immature are using words like "f4ggots" and comparing paychecks. Jesus people, grow up already. The z is not some dangerous monster of a machine that will kill any young driver that drives it. Young people also aren't always irresponsible drivers. The age debate comes up on the forum of any nice car eventually. It's just some stupid argument that neither side will ever win. What business of ours is it if someone's parents did buy their car for them? Isn't it the parent's money that THEY worked for?

Last edited by 8cd03gro; 01-23-2009 at 10:17 AM.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:23 AM
WhiteNoiz

Originally Posted by 8cd03gro
Does anyone else find it ironic that the people calling younger people in general immature are using words like "f4ggots" and comparing paychecks. Jesus people, grow up already. The z is not some dangerous monster of a machine that will kill any young driver that drives it. Young people also aren't always irresponsible drivers. The age debate comes up on the forum of any nice car eventually. It's just some stupid argument that neither side will ever win. What business of ours is it if someone's parents did buy their car for them? Isn't it the parent's money that THEY worked for?

I agree they aren't all irresponsible, but they are all inexperienced.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:08 AM
Ryan18Bailey
JealousZ

We were all teens once, I think it's safe to say 90% didn't drive responsibly through those years. Your right the Z is not a monster but when you put a hard headed irresponsible driver in it that's when you get the threads "I crashed my Z " every other day. I also think it's safe to say older people drive more responsibly because they've most likely already learned from teenage mistakes.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:40 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lil_shaun
No more questions or smart *** remarks? I thought u had more in ya! Ah well, ended with a generic diss...

I honestly get where u come from regarding the whole 17 year old thing, u just pissed me off putting me in that generalization a few pages back

Its w/e though
I had more, but since you are banned it doesn't matter.

Originally Posted by lil_shaun
Isnt it hard to type with a hraes dick in your hand? (yes, ANOTHER gay joke)

Ide take my head out my ***, but im afraid youd try to rape me...you know....cuz your gay and all

And yes I am very cool

Ide kill your *** at a rap battle son yo dawg son yo yo!
I like how if member agree with things we're automatically ghey lovers.

Just because no one agrees with you don't make everyone else gay.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:10 PM
8cd03gro

Originally Posted by WhiteNoiz
I agree they aren't all irresponsible, but they are all inexperienced.
as are most drivers. People are spoiled with technology. i still see 50 year olds driving over the speed limit on days when there's 3 inches of snow on the ground because they think their suv is invincible. Most people have never been in a spin or been to a real track and really taken their car to the limits so they have no idea how it's going to react. It's more likely that a teen will have less experience, but it isn't always going to be true.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:28 PM
Flick Montana

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't know about anyone else here, but I was a teenager once. And I was a completely naive douchebag. I could have rolled a Prius when I was 16, forget about crashing a Z. Don't take it personally when people say that teens are idiots. They really are. The problem is that nowadays kids aren't smacked around enough to know better than to talk back when someone points it out.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:27 PM
350Zlaxer

Now i understand what you guys feel about teens getting Z's but then you gotta remember those kids who respect the car enough to know that it could kill them just as easily as a gun and drive smart

then there is the other type of kid who is just like f it i do what i want

so think about that
Old 01-23-2009, 09:17 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

So then it's their parents car, and the young kids have no business driving someone else's RWD sports car.
Old 01-24-2009, 12:14 AM
Z Witcher

At this point it may be a bit off topic but I'm feeling a bit nostalgic:

1.) Dodge Caravan (two trannys and a head gasket in a year, hand me down)
2.) Mazda MX-6 (one head gasket in 7 years, bought and paid for three long years)
3.) Subaru Legacy (still runs with 140k on it!!! Pops bought this one when the 6 went blooey and I was still in college)
4) '08 Z (will be paying for this one for the next 5)
Old 01-24-2009, 01:49 AM
Spork

Originally Posted by Z Witcher
At this point it may be a bit off topic but I'm feeling a bit nostalgic:

1.) Dodge Caravan (two trannys and a head gasket in a year, hand me down)
2.) Mazda MX-6 (one head gasket in 7 years, bought and paid for three long years)
3.) Subaru Legacy (still runs with 140k on it!!! Pops bought this one when the 6 went blooey and I was still in college)
4) '08 Z (will be paying for this one for the next 5)
Dood... I had an 89 Plymouth Voyager, and that sh*t went through 8 transmissions. When the 8th one broke, I brought it to the junk yard.

Why did Chrysler insist on using glass tranny internals?
Old 01-24-2009, 02:04 AM
Z Witcher

LOL
Frankly I drive my Z easier than I drove that thing, I was 17 when I got it. First tranny was forcing a downshift getting on the freeway, second was rocking it out of a snowbank. I also seem to remember sheering 3 of the 4 (I think there were 4) engine mounting bolts somehow. Ahhh to be young again...
Old 01-24-2009, 02:15 AM
DiscoLiveOpera

Originally Posted by Kirk Lazarus
So then it's their parents car, and the young kids have no business driving someone else's RWD sports car.
I agree with most everything you say, but I will remind that I have been seeing 2003 Zs on craigslist for 10k and under, with allot of miles and what not, but as long as a 18 year old can afford it somehow we can't stop them, and as they get cheaper, and cheaper, the cool kids in school will be buying them, doing terrible **** to them, and this is not fast and the furious, but the day I see a 17 year old with a 2003 base with a wing bigger then the car and decals, I will drive myself off a cliff.

But because my area is so money deprived I have enjoyed the years of being one of only 3 or so other Z drivers, but just recently some friend of a friend bought a used 03 for like 9k somewhere, I will be seeing more of them, and probably not classy because they could only afford the car but nothing else for it, so right now I enjoy ricer civics out numbering me 4000 to 1
Old 01-24-2009, 02:54 PM
8cd03gro

Originally Posted by Kirk Lazarus
Just like you have no business deciding what people do with their hard earned money? If someone has the driving ability to handle such a vehicle and the parents would like to spend the money for them to drive a z, what is the problem with it? When I used to go to mustang meets with my buddy, the two guys doing burnouts and racing down woodward were both over 30.
Old 01-24-2009, 03:05 PM
xKennie

kinda like the guy a few threads above me this is off topic somewhat but here is my list. i am currenty 17 and turning 18 soon.

1) bought an 87 maxima for $3,000 (still have as backup car)

2) bought 99 accord for $5,000 (was giving problems so i fixed and sold, got money back)

3) bought 87 fc for $400 bucks plus a RF T1 10" sub and Valor iTs-703w flipout screen (sold cause it wasnt what i thought it was gonna be)

4) bought an 86.5 mk3 for $3,250 (sold for $3,500 as it felt like a tank)

5) bought 92 s13 for $2,750 (engine blew and i am currently gettin getting it rebuild from some friends at a few shops)

6) recently bought a 90 s13 for $1,700 =] (it was a steal and it is my current car, however gonna sell soon)

Next will be a z33 =] have alot of money saved up from my car audio jobs and left over money from buying and selling cars. plus once i sell my 90 s13 it will help out. cant wait till i pick up my z33 =] i wish it was time already
Old 01-24-2009, 03:12 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Just like you have no business deciding what people do with their hard earned money? If someone has the driving ability to handle such a vehicle and the parents would like to spend the money for them to drive a z, what is the problem with it?
My insurance goes up when they wreck it.
Old 01-24-2009, 03:21 PM
greensparcs

least i went in order with mine, fell in love with the z32 when i was like 13 talked my dad into matching whatever money i saved up, ended up saving 1500 or something like that he said he wouldnt match anything over 5g at that point in time even the auto z32's were still selling for 11k or so. lost cause got an 81 el camino a lovely shade of flesh. years later and serving uncle sam was i able to afford my 1990 tt with only 83k on it. i was stuborn as hell wouldnt say no. did not expect the maint, to be as frequent and expensive as it was. finally got pissed at having it in the shop more than it drove it seemed and bought a 2007 z33. oh i was kind of a retard driver as a teen, 2 accidents one broke the rear axle and driver side rims. other was hydroplaning into a friends truck and punching new foglight holes into the bumper of my dads 98 regal gs. *first forced induction for me to drive* along with countless times of underage drinking and driving. so yes i totally agree that most teens are irresponsible drivers and it does bug me at times seeing them with the same car that i lusted after forever and worked so hard to finally get. /end spiel
Old 01-24-2009, 03:40 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

^ Wall of text = wat
Old 01-24-2009, 03:42 PM
Spork

Originally Posted by greensparcs
least i went in order with mine, fell in love with the z32 when i was like 13 talked my dad into matching whatever money i saved up, ended up saving 1500 or something like that he said he wouldnt match anything over 5g at that point in time even the auto z32's were still selling for 11k or so. lost cause got an 81 el camino a lovely shade of flesh. years later and serving uncle sam was i able to afford my 1990 tt with only 83k on it. i was stuborn as hell wouldnt say no. did not expect the maint, to be as frequent and expensive as it was. finally got pissed at having it in the shop more than it drove it seemed and bought a 2007 z33. oh i was kind of a retard driver as a teen, 2 accidents one broke the rear axle and driver side rims. other was hydroplaning into a friends truck and punching new foglight holes into the bumper of my dads 98 regal gs. *first forced induction for me to drive* along with countless times of underage drinking and driving. so yes i totally agree that most teens are irresponsible drivers and it does bug me at times seeing them with the same car that i lusted after forever and worked so hard to finally get. /end spiel

Wat?

Quick Reply: This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...