Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 01:11 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NISMO_558
c'mon, he probably started working 70 hours a week when he was 12 or some BS like that.
I was hoping for the tried and true "I made investments" or "I have my own corporation".
Old 03-24-2009, 02:45 PM
richiesaurusrex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why aren't the older members getting in some sort of trouble for baiting the younger ones into arguments on this thing???? That can't be right. Well I have a 2006 with about 7000 miles on it now. And i'll be done with all my schooling with masters in hand probably within 4 years. So I should be better off than the guy talkin smack earlier by the time i'm 24. So yes I should be able to get a loan and buy a house by the time im 29, and hopefully have a used G37 as my daily then and a very fast 2006 350z for the weekend...

so i was wondering seriously if the older more experienced members could give me some advice, what should my next mod be. Ive got exhaust, intake, plenum spacer, im gonna get wheels and bbk at the end of the year, but what more performance wise????
Old 03-24-2009, 03:04 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Wheels = $3000+
BBK = $1500+

Unless of course you wanna go the cheap route.....
Old 03-24-2009, 03:05 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Originally Posted by richiesaurusrex
why aren't the older members getting in some sort of trouble for baiting the younger ones into arguments on this thing???? That can't be right. Well I have a 2006 with about 7000 miles on it now. And i'll be done with all my schooling with masters in hand probably within 4 years. So I should be better off than the guy talkin smack earlier by the time i'm 24. So yes I should be able to get a loan and buy a house by the time im 29, and hopefully have a used G37 as my daily then and a very fast 2006 350z for the weekend...
Baiting is fine. Just don't take the bait that you've been eating all this time. We've been playing you kids like a violin. It's so easy to get you all riled up.

I bought my house at 28 I think. So I'm ahead of your wishes and dreams.

I got my bachelors in 2004 in physics, getting my masters in nuclear engineering this May with honors, *** Laude. And FWIW those aren't easy degrees.

What are you wishing on getting? Bachelors in Business? Or some other easy degree?

Wish in one hand and $hit in the other and see which one fills up faster.

I'd love to do a comparison in a few years. I worked through the majority of school, so I'm already ahead.
Old 03-24-2009, 03:13 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

so i was wondering seriously if the older more experienced members could give me some advice
Sure.
Attached Thumbnails This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...-untitled.jpg  
Old 03-24-2009, 03:22 PM
Spork

Bam!
Old 03-24-2009, 03:31 PM
gargoyleZ

let's see:
1976 Olds Delta 88 (Soph/Jr year in HS)
1985 Mits Mighty Max pick up (SR yr. HS)
1986 Toy Tercel
1991 Nissan 240SX
1995 Nissan Altima
1992 Nissan 240SX
1989 VW Jetta (never again)
1999 Mits Eclipse (current)
1998 Chev Pick up (current)
2007 Chrys 300C (current)
2004 Mini Cooper (current)
*2004 350Z Performance (current)

feel like im missing some...must be my age.
Old 03-24-2009, 03:36 PM
nEEdb00st

not much but..
1989 Toyota Supra N/A
1991 Toyota Supra T
1999 Dodge Durango (current)
2003 Nissan 350Z (current)
Old 03-24-2009, 03:47 PM
richiesaurusrex

lol why are u driving just a z then????? u must be rollin in dough with that education. yea i must admit those degrees will beat me, Bachelor of Science Degree in Fire Protection Administration and Technology, and my masters im not sure yet. Maybe public adminitration or somethin like that. I want to be chief of some greater los angeles area fire deparment one day but idk what degree yet. Of course ur further along, im only 19 right now, gimme some time jack im movin along everyday....

yea since the older members have the experience, im asking what direction to go next?? bbk and wheels im lookin to spend about $3500 i think. Not bad for at that time a 20 year old...
Old 03-24-2009, 04:55 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

lol why are u driving just a z then????? u must be rollin in dough with that education.
priorities. I have them. Sure I could move on to the GT-R, . But I have a house, two cars, student loans, plus I've been throwing money at my 401k, contributing to my pension, etc.

It's not all about the car. The kids on the forum used to rag on me because I drove a sentra after my '03 350Z and '03 G coupe. But it was worth it. You kids are all about show and appearances, you keep it up and you're going to be eating cat food when you retire.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:12 PM
Spork

Not to mention med school.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:24 PM
xsupan0va

Originally Posted by Spork
im tryin to get in med school. gona be really hard tho
Old 03-24-2009, 06:05 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Originally Posted by Spork
Yeah... got to pay for that too. Sarah wants to quit work completely.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:34 PM
richiesaurusrex

lol ya my father does people's retirement plans for a living, ill be sure to put money into that and the fire dept has a great retirement plan of their own. im just tired of threads like this just hacking down the younger drivers, but i see where you're comin from. Jealousy i think is part of it, and maybe we shouldnt get these cars so young even if we can manage to buy one or get one handed to us, but you older guys got to face the facts that these cars are gettin put into the hands of younger drivers everyday if u like it or not. Maybe you guys should look into higher end sports cars so you dont have this issue... Look at the dumbass who crashed that ferrari racing that porsche, older guy like yourselves
Old 03-24-2009, 10:46 PM
A.H

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
Baiting is fine. Just don't take the bait that you've been eating all this time. We've been playing you kids like a violin. It's so easy to get you all riled up.

I bought my house at 28 I think. So I'm ahead of your wishes and dreams.

I got my bachelors in 2004 in physics, getting my masters in nuclear engineering this May with honors, *** Laude. And FWIW those aren't easy degrees.

What are you wishing on getting? Bachelors in Business? Or some other easy degree?

Wish in one hand and $hit in the other and see which one fills up faster.

I'd love to do a comparison in a few years. I worked through the majority of school, so I'm already ahead.
Nice bro, very nice route you took and I'm sure tons of hard work Just outta curiousity where did you get your bachlor's adn your masters?
Old 03-25-2009, 06:23 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Jealousy i think is part of it,
Jealous of what? Your dumb parents? No, I'm glad my parents were smart enough not to hand me a sports car.

Originally Posted by A.H
Nice bro, very nice route you took and I'm sure tons of hard work Just outta curiousity where did you get your bachlor's adn your masters?
Bachelors from Augusta State University and Master's from University of South Carolina.

EDIT: My bachelors seemed harder to get than my Master's.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:55 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

lol why are u driving just a z then????? u must be rollin in dough with that education. yea i must admit those degrees will beat me, Bachelor of Science Degree in Fire Protection Administration and Technology, and my masters im not sure yet. Maybe public adminitration or somethin like that. I want to be chief of some greater los angeles area fire deparment one day but idk what degree yet. Of course ur further along, im only 19 right now, gimme some time jack im movin along everyday....

yea since the older members have the experience, im asking what direction to go next?? bbk and wheels im lookin to spend about $3500 i think. Not bad for at that time a 20 year old...
priorities. I have them. Sure I could move on to the GT-R, . But I have a house, two cars, student loans, plus I've been throwing money at my 401k, contributing to my pension, etc.

It's not all about the car. The kids on the forum used to rag on me because I drove a sentra after my '03 350Z and '03 G coupe. But it was worth it. You kids are all about show and appearances, you keep it up and you're going to be eating cat food when you retire.
Haresvlg hit the nail on the head. I know you've heard this before. I heard the same thing when I was your age too. You should'nt be looking to spend $3500 on anything at your age or even in the next 4 or 5 years, other than a house or investments.

Like Haresvlg said, it's priorities. I own an base model 2006 4-cyl Frontier as a daily driver. Picked it up for $18k, new. I also have a 2003 350z Touring model. I don't plan on moving to a higher price sports car anytime in the next decade. Why? Priorities. Just to give you an idea of what someone on their own pays in bills monthly, I'll tell you what I pay. Roughly $2900/month. Only $652 of that goes towards cars, 2 of them. That's just bills. Cold hard bills. Money that goes to creditors and utilities. It doesn't include groceries, 401k monthly investment, or recreational money. You can see now see why us older guys "are not moving into more expensive sports cars". Making sure I'm set for a home is priority #1. Next comes 401k for retirement. These are things you worry about when you move into that "next level". At 20-years-old, I was just like you. Face value/appearance meant EVERYTHING. When you get to that next level, you begin to think about a strong foundation. You also begin to plan your future. You don't want to end up a retiree, living on social security, having to work part-time as a grocery sacker because you didn't put money away into your 401k while you were young. Fugg that.

It's part of life. We can preach to ya, but that's about it. My parents did the same chit to me. I never listened too. It wasn't until I got off mommy's titty and went into the real world, all alone. Priorities change real quick. You have to worry about balancing credit, putting food on the table, and paying bills. All the things we take for granted when living at home with our parents. That chit isn't easy when you have $100 bucks left in your pocket to spend until next paycheck after you've paid all bills.

Like Haresvlg said also, wait until ya get out in the real world after school. I wish you the best of luck and hope your plans fall into place. The reality is, you get out of school, with all this education, but still make squat because you have no EXPERIENCE. Educators and counselors like to feed students all this BS about how much they will make and throw out figures & salaries, but that's really for individuals with experience. You'll have to be in your industry for quite some time before this grandure invision, of what salary you thought you'd start off with, comes to life. Education is just a gateway now-a-days. The 4 year degree is equivalent to what a highschool diploma use to be 15/20years ago. They come a dime a dozen now. Ask Simann, he knows, with his "Blood Pressure Clinic"...
Old 03-25-2009, 11:10 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Originally Posted by vo7848
Ask Simann, he knows, with his "Blood Pressure Clinic"...
He probably hangs out at the $0.25 Blood Pressure Monitor at CVS.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:21 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

He probably hangs out at the $0.25 Blood Pressure Monitor at CVS.
Next to the "Prescription Eyeglass" rack. I'm sure he's an Optometrist also...
Old 03-25-2009, 11:40 AM
Spork

I find it funny that at 19, moving out and supporting himself is not a goal. Rather, dressing up his parents car is.

Eventually his friends will make fun of him for still living at home with his parents. At least he has a super cool car, right? He can reel in the chicks, and bring them back to his house.... where they get to meet his parents. Real chick magnet there...

Quick Reply: This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...