Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 08:24 AM
fowlman01

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
We started dating when she was 12 or 13.
fixed for accuracy.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:50 PM
RickBob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 350z at 17?!?

this my car timeline

16 - 1995 pontiac grand am (hand-me-down from mom)
17 - 2000 Honda Civic SI (hand-me-down from bro) i though i was the ****
18 - 2002 Dodge Dakota crew cab (wrecked my civic into a cougar doing a buck)
20 - 2005 Acura RSX (i couldnt have a ****in pick-up)
22 - 2008 Nissan 350z
Old 08-09-2009, 01:00 PM
marcus sanders

Well RickBob you had some nice cars and every dude in a honda thinks he's the ****
Old 08-09-2009, 01:06 PM
dward12

Default not 17...

17-2008 Dodge Charger (3.5)
18-2005 350z....

the thing is though, i pay my car payment, and always have paid it, do you really have to "earn" it if you pay for it?......
Old 08-09-2009, 01:11 PM
JEKL

Originally Posted by dward12
17-2008 Dodge Charger (3.5)
18-2005 350z....

the thing is though, i pay my car payment, and always have paid it, do you really have to "earn" it if you pay for it?......
For most people here it isn't about earning it as much as it is attitude. No one likes a complete ***** teenager.
Old 08-09-2009, 01:22 PM
marcus sanders

Originally Posted by jekl1000
For most people here it isn't about earning it as much as it is attitude. No one likes a complete ***** teenager.
+1 just dont act like a spoiled kid even though some older members will just to do it
Old 08-09-2009, 01:44 PM
dward12

wow, i didnt mean anything by it, that was a legit question. It just gets really old hearing people ***** and moan all the time about kids having nice cars. If a 18 year old own maintains it and pays for the thing, just like a 30 year old, i think they deserve just as much respect, thus age shouldn't even be a question. and i think spoiled is a little overboard since i bought this car...
Old 08-09-2009, 01:50 PM
JEKL

wow, i didnt mean anything by it, that was a legit question. It just gets really old hearing people ***** and moan all the time about kids having nice cars. If a 18 year old own maintains it and pays for the thing, just like a 30 year old, i think they deserve just as much respect, thus age shouldn't even be a question. and i think spoiled is a little overboard since i bought this car...
No, it is a legitimate question. But a used 350Z is not a nice car, so there is nothing to moan about.

I think you are still missing the point though. If you read carefully through the posts, you will see that people get the most crap for the way they act. Not for the fact that they drive an extremely common used sports car.

And lastly, no one, and I mean no one deserves respect. You earn it or you get none!
Old 08-09-2009, 01:58 PM
dward12

well do you personally judge when you hear the age of the owner? and really i wouldnt say it's extreamly common at all, not around where i live anyway, i would say Mustang GT fits that description better. nice avatar btw

Last edited by dward12; 08-09-2009 at 02:17 PM. Reason: because
Old 08-09-2009, 02:17 PM
JEKL

well do you personally judge when you hear the age of the owner? nice avatar btw
My parents bought me 4 sports cars before I graduated high school, so I can not judge anyone for what they have at that age.
Old 08-09-2009, 02:20 PM
dward12

ah yea i guess that makes sense haha
Old 08-09-2009, 02:26 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

You know what gets old? Little snot nosed kids on here. We get plenty of dumb *** kids.

They come in with an attitude, don't search, think they are the $hit, spend 50%+ of their money on the car payment, buy cheap ***, tacky mods due to being car poor, get tickets and wreck (drives up our rates too). And when we call them out on it we're "jealous".

Let's get this straight... and I don't think I'm alone on this one... we are not jealous of some kid, living with mom and dad, going to high school, spending every cent on a car they can barely afford to maintain or insure. I wouldn't want to be in that position now or when I was a kid.

Respect isn't deserved it's earned.

STFU, search, don't be a smart ***, ACTUALLY CONTRIBUTE SOMETHING and people will respect you. Be an a$$hat and you're gonna turn in that V-card.
Old 08-09-2009, 02:39 PM
dward12

wow dude, you seem really tough behind that keyboard. sorry i don't spend every moment of my life either driving my Z or posting threads on a website. Or driving my Z to a buddies house to post threads on a website. Man you nailed it though... that sounds exactly like me. Except for everything you said really, but thats okay! The problem is, you cant really tell emotions through text, so im just going to say now, that i wasnt being snobby or anything else. Get out of the house more, unless your posting this stuff at work, in that case, probably should get back to work. I paid for my car, it wasn't handed to me, and thats all i was saying...plus i wasnt really referring to people on here but people in general (like in the real world, wierd, i know). good try though =)

Last edited by dward12; 08-09-2009 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Spelling oops lol
Old 08-09-2009, 02:59 PM
JEKL

wow dude, you seem really tough behind that keyboard. sorry i don't spend every moment of my life either driving my Z or posting threads on a website. Or driving my Z to a buddies house to post threads on a website. Man you nailed it though... that sounds exactly like me. Except for everything you said really, but thats okay! The problem is, you cant really tell emotions through text, so im just going to say now, that i wasnt being snobby or anything else. Get out of the house more, unless your posting this stuff at work, in that case, probably should get back to work. I paid for my car, it wasn't handed to me, and thats all i was saying...plus i wasnt really referring to people on here but people in general (like in the real world, wierd, i know). good try though =)
Why do you keep assuming these comments are towards you?
Old 08-09-2009, 03:01 PM
dward12

my text being highlighted was my first reason, and who else would you guys be talking to?
Old 08-09-2009, 03:07 PM
pangoman

Old 08-09-2009, 03:12 PM
JEKL

my text being highlighted was my first reason, and who else would you guys be talking to?
You are being quoted because someone is talking to you (and to capture your words before you can go an edit them). But people are not saying you are the things they mentioned. Here is an example of what I am talking about:

Originally Posted by marcus sanders
+1 just dont act like a spoiled kid even though some older members will just to do it
Someone says don't do be a certain way and it seems like you feel he was calling you that.
Old 08-09-2009, 03:15 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

No, I say it like I see it. If we were face to face and you were carrying on like you are now I would say the same thing. I'm 31 years old, kids don't intimidate me. This isn't high school, physical size is no longer intimidating. I don't get into physical fights, and I'll leave it like that.

I am posting at work. I'm on break. I work three days a week so the shifts are long.

Don't get all butt hurt junior. I have a golden rule for you to remember:

No matter how cool you think you are in high school, no one here gives a ****.
Old 08-09-2009, 03:21 PM
dward12

well the truth is, only he REALLY knows how it was said. Thats how it came across to me, you see it differently, either way, i understand how it works... but anyway, this is all way more than it should have been. i digress
Old 08-09-2009, 03:28 PM
dward12

your very certain im in high school. yes, i graduated three months ago but I know you still consider me a "high schooler". but i am in college now (just clearing things up) and i wasnt exactly talking about physical size or fighting, i didnt like "call you out" or anything so i really dont know where you got that from, either way. Really what i was saying is your words were strong and unnecessary. But still, this is all stupid. Sorry if i came across as rude

Quick Reply: This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...