Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 07:35 PM
Legacy406

Received 3,381 Likes on 2,663 Posts

Originally Posted by xlopezx
All the more experience drivers should give advice instead of flaming on teens as soon as they post that they are 16-23.
What? Im 23 and I get respect. Im sure JEKL could tell you that. I dont go around the forum bragging about things I own. The way you are treated reflects on how you act here NOT your age.

Last edited by Legacy406; 11-16-2009 at 07:36 PM.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:39 PM
JEKL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i pay for my things too. But at 16th is hard to believe you bought the car with your own money. At 16 you can't even have the car under your name. its good that you dream high, but it takes a lot of sacrifice to achieve all those dreams, so don't let these guys ruined it for you. they just hate to see a teen driving the same car as they do. We are all here in this forum cause we are all Z enthusiast, regardless if you bought it with your money or not. All the more experience drivers should give advice instead of flaming on teens as soon as they post that they are 16-23.
You drive a 350Z, a G35, and a 280ZX too? Cool.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:40 PM
xlopezx

Originally Posted by Legacy406
What? Im 23 and I get respect. Im sure JEKL could tell you that. I dont go around the forum bragging about things I own. The way you are treated reflects on how you act here NOT your age.
well if you go back to my first post on this thread, i just posted my age the car that i drove before, a c55 amg. i stated that it wasn't mine that it was my father's. and that now i own a 06 350z that i paid for and clear stated that the tt was a gift from my dad is that bragging about all the things i own; no.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:42 PM
xlopezx

Originally Posted by JEKL
You drive a 350Z, a G35, and a 280ZX too? Cool.
that's just dumb JEKL!
Old 11-16-2009, 07:43 PM
xlopezx

do you really drive a 280zx?? nice....
Old 11-16-2009, 07:44 PM
Legacy406

well if you go back to my first post on this thread, i just posted my age the car that i drove before, a c55 amg. i stated that it wasn't mine that it was my father's. and that now i own a 06 350z that i paid for and clear stated that the tt was a gift from my dad is that bragging about all the things i own; no.
A lot of kids try to claim things are theirs when it isnt. If you DID pay for it congratulations. But the thing is a lot dig themselves into a hole trying to act like they are living on their own at that age. Also maybe you did buy it but its also other little thins such as driving like a moron. If you post up saying you race and all you will get bashed.

When I was 17 I was stupid I'll be the first to admit it. I asked my dad for a 00 Trans Am WS6 and he told me HELL NO that I wasnt experienced and mature enough to handle a car like that. He was damn right. If I got that car I would be dead. Once you get older you will realize I am sure of it. After seeing people dieing around me from driving too fast I got the point.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:52 PM
xlopezx

A lot of kids try to claim things are theirs when it isnt. If you DID pay for it congratulations. But the thing is a lot dig themselves into a hole trying to act like they are living on their own at that age. Also maybe you did buy it but its also other little thins such as driving like a moron. If you post up saying you race and all you will get bashed.

When I was 17 I was stupid I'll be the first to admit it. I asked my dad for a 00 Trans Am WS6 and he told me HELL NO that I wasnt experienced and mature enough to handle a car like that. He was damn right. If I got that car I would be dead. Once you get older you will realize I am sure of it. After seeing people dieing around me from driving too fast I got the point.
that i agreed on... when i turned 16 and got my driver license i wanted a tt supra really bad, but i end up getting my older brother 05 c55 amg, in that car i did almost all the stupidest things i could have done. i crash twice, run over a stop sign and so on... My z i take car of. i work hard to get it, and at 19 i do live on my own as i posted before i pay for half the rent and my parents pay for the other half. Every body have different lives and opportunities maybe some of us have it easier docent mean we don't work for them.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:52 PM
JEKL

During the baseball season I talked to Legacy almost everyday a few times a night and I had NO clue if he was 23 or 53. As he said, he acts like a normal guy so it never even crossed my mind. That's why he gets respect.

that's just dumb JEKL!
What is?

do you really drive a 280zx?? nice....
Technically two. The one I drive (maybe 3 times a year) is an '82. I bought it about 10 years ago when I first got married because we were trying to buy a house and I wanted to be debt free. So I bought it with the equity I had in the new Accord I was driving. Just never wanted to get rid of it.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:54 PM
Legacy406

that i agreed on... when i turned 16 and got my driver license i wanted a tt supra really bad, but i end up getting my older brother 05 c55 amg, in that car i did almost all the stupidest things i could have done. i crash twice, run over a stop sign and so on... My z i take car of. i work hard to get it, and at 19 i do live on my own as i posted before i pay for half the rent and my parents pay for the other half. Every body have different lives and opportunities maybe some of us have it easier docent mean we don't work for them.
I got my Z at 19. 15 days before I turned 20. The thing is you came into this thread before you got respect lol. Theres a few young guys/girls here we respect like Spork. Making your first few posts here is disaster lol

Last edited by Legacy406; 11-16-2009 at 07:55 PM.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:58 PM
xlopezx

Technically two. The one I drive (maybe 3 times a year) is an '82.
nice that's an awesome car!!! 3 houses down my dad's there is a guy that owns one. its an '81 silver. that car it's sick...
Old 11-16-2009, 08:03 PM
xlopezx

I got my Z at 19. 15 days before I turned 20. The thing is you came into this thread before you got respect lol. Theres a few young guys/girls here we respect like Spork. Making your first few posts here is disaster lol
yeah maybe your right, but how i'm i supposed to know that? anyway i still think that the more experience drivers and z owners should be easier on the kids. here everybody is an enthusiast about z's. So we all were teens once, we all liked to show off and talk bs. just let them be and concentrate on what matters. and if they are serious about their z and want to learn just help out, give them a chance before flaming them down...
Old 11-16-2009, 08:04 PM
Legacy406

So do you like JEKL now
Old 11-16-2009, 08:06 PM
scrillasherv

During the baseball season I talked to Legacy almost everyday a few times a night and I had NO clue if he was 23 or 53. As he said, he acts like a normal guy so it never even crossed my mind. That's why he gets respect.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:07 PM
Legacy406

Who you rollin' your eyes at boy?
Old 11-16-2009, 08:08 PM
billsrcursed

Originally Posted by scrillasherv
I thought you were leaving??
Old 11-16-2009, 08:09 PM
xlopezx

So do you like JEKL now
mmmm though question.... i sure like his 280zx datsun, he is ok i still think he should join an english grammar forum and genocide their asses, then i would like him... haha
Old 11-16-2009, 08:09 PM
JEKL

My parents bought me 4 "sports cars" before I graduated high school. A brand new Eclipse, a 280ZX, a RX-7 and another 280ZX. I totalled the first two and wrecked the 3rd.

They wanted to be the cool parents and give me everything (and I thank God that I have them) but in the end it didn't do me a damn bit of good. I didn't respect what I had and my driving behavior reflected my lack of respect.

So if I get on a kid for being stupid it's because I was once that way too and I wish someone had dropped a little reality on me when I was younger.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:10 PM
Legacy406

mmmm though question.... i sure like his 280zx datsun, he is ok i still think he should join an english grammar forum and genocide their asses, then i would like him... haha
Correcting grammar is very common here. People dont ALWAYS do it to be a dick. I'll be a smart *** and correct people at times who I'm cool with.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:11 PM
scrillasherv

Originally Posted by billsrcursed
I thought you were leaving??
Haha I was, but I couldn't resist. JEKL's a boss.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:17 PM
xlopezx

My parents bought me 4 "sports cars" before I graduated high school. A brand new Eclipse, a 280ZX, a RX-7 and another 280ZX. I totalled the first two and wrecked the 3rd.

They wanted to be the cool parents and give me everything (and I thank God that I have them) but in the end it didn't do me a damn bit of good. I didn't respect what I had and my driving behavior reflected my lack of respect.

So if I get on a kid for being stupid it's because I was once that way too and I wish someone had dropped a little reality on me when I was younger.
but see you had your chance. some people just have to learn the hard way. Not to brag about anything but my dad has money, he still didn't give me the car i wanted, if i ever totaled the benz, they would have bought me a 1k car and make me work at McDonals.

Quick Reply: This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...