Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 01:03 PM
thebuffalo11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First of all: I agree I should of went to collage after high school, And second of all: I know I suck at English thanks for letting me know... and third of all: my quote "when I was 19 right before I turned 20" was ment that My b-day is oct 23, I got the car when I was 19 oct 15th (almost 20..)...

But I did not go to collage for a decent reason...

When you land a CAREER as a mail carrier for the U.S.P.S (united states postal service) As, a government employee that does not require a collage degree, you ask yourself why lose out on this opportunity to go to collage and hopefully get as good of a job in the future as the post office...

Great pay, Benefits for me & my family, discounts everywhere military employees get E.G (movies, hotels,)

And Pick on me if you want but when I applied for this job when I was 17 (still a senior in H.S,
I took the post office battery Exam in a giant building with almost 10,000 other people taking it, and they take the best score and hire them first and work their way down the list. I scored 71 out of 9873 test takers...
If imp not mistaken that means I was smarter than 99.28% of them...

So go ahead and make fun... But I think I'm well off, lucky, and damn smart for having a career mindset in High School compared to most seniors...

Last edited by thebuffalo11; 04-16-2010 at 01:18 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:11 PM
JEKL

Originally Posted by thebuffalo11
First of all: I agree I should of went to collage after highschool, And second of all: I know I suck at english thanks for letting me know.. and third of all: my quote "when I was 19 right before I turned 20" was ment that My b-day is oct 23, I got the car when I was 19 oct 15th (almost 20..)...

But I did not go to collage for a decent reason..

When you land a CAREER as a mail carrier for the U.S.P.S (united states postal service) As, a government employee that does not require a collage degree, you ask yourself why lose out on this opportunity to go to collage and hopefully get as good of a job in the future as the post office...

Great pay, Bennifits for me & my family, discounts everywhere military emloyees get E.G (movies, hotels,...)

And Pick on me if you want but When I aplied for this job when I was 17 (still a senior in H.S,
I took the post office batery Exam in a giant building with almost 10,000 other people taking it, and they take the best score and hire them first and work their way down the list. I scored 71 out of 9873 test takers..
If im not mistaken that means I was smarter than 93% of them...

So go ahead and make fun.. But I think Im well off, lucky, and damn smart for having a career mindset in High School compared to most seniors..
They must have tested you with nothing but retards. That is about the only way you are smarter than 93% of anyone.

And by the way, isn't the USPS having some serious financial trouble? I know they are limiting hours at existing locations and trying to get out of Saturday delivery to save on expenses. Who do you think they will cut first when they have further reduce overhead? Probably the ignorant recent hires with no education.

Last edited by JEKL; 04-16-2010 at 01:15 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:26 PM
thebuffalo11

Your right about the lay off's, but Saturday is going to be kept as a workday.
And the people they are laying off are the baby boomers who are 60-65ish, forcing to retire... early retiring... and the majority of people getting laid off are city carriers... I am a rural carrier... I'm only one of 3 in my office of 200 carriers... 197 city carriers... they always keep the rural carriers because no city carrier is allowed by postal regulations to carry a rural route... So essentially, no one of those 197 other carriers can steel my job, and postal regulations will not let them "lie off, or "replace" my position as a rural carrier on my route. Once you’re on a route as a rural carrier, your there forever...

Man, I didn’t know there where that many dicks in this world, cant be happy for a fellow 350z owner with a decent career... I would be for any one else... But go ahead make fun...
Old 04-16-2010, 01:34 PM
fowlman01

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

First of all: I agree I should of went to collage after high school, And second of all: I know I suck at English thanks for letting me know... and third of all: my quote "when I was 19 right before I turned 20" was ment that My b-day is oct 23, I got the car when I was 19 oct 15th (almost 20..)...

Great pay, Benefits for me & my family, discounts everywhere military employees get E.G (movies, hotels,)

And Pick on me if you want but when I applied for this job when I was 17 (still a senior in H.S,
I took the post office battery Exam in a giant building with almost 10,000 other people taking it, and they take the best score and hire them first and work their way down the list. I scored 71 out of 9873 test takers...

So go ahead and make fun... But I think I'm well off, lucky, and damn smart for having a career mindset in High School compared to most seniors...
I are a retired university administrator and they pay me to sit at home and play with myself now. That is what I call a career. I took teh USPS test when I was a kid and in those days you had to spell to pass it. Since I am now receiving mail addressed to other people, I guess that is no longer a requirement.

You don't seem to realize this, but the USPS is about to lay off craploads of people.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:37 PM
fowlman01

Originally Posted by JEKL
They must have tested you with nothing but retards. That is about the only way you are smarter than 93% of anyone.

And by the way, isn't the USPS having some serious financial trouble? I know they are limiting hours at existing locations and trying to get out of Saturday delivery to save on expenses. Who do you think they will cut first when they have further reduce overhead? Probably the ignorant recent hires with no education.
you missed ment
Old 04-16-2010, 01:47 PM
FineWine

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First of all: I agree I should of went to collage after high school, And second of all: I know I suck at English thanks for letting me know...
You're ok with sucking at something you use every day? I hope it's not your first language.

IIRC $14/hour is what they start out at. What do you consider great pay?

Taking the easiest job you can get for a better salary than what you would make at taco bell is not a career mindset. And postal service is not a career, it's a job.

For what it's worth, that would be a great job to have while you were in college, studying for something you actually want to do. You're highly unmotivated if you're passionate about delivering my checks.

Last edited by FineWine; 04-16-2010 at 01:49 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:48 PM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

The USPS is going to bust the unions' ***** when the current contracts are up, and you junior guys are going to be saying bye-bye. They lost $8 billion last year - how long do you thing they can keep doing that? Cutting Saturday delivery without cutting people does not save any money. I deal with the business mail entry people at the USPS every working day of my life, and believe me, this kid is NOT smarter than 93% of them. Of course being a letter carrier does not really require all that much intelligence but he has hit his glass ceiling for sure. By the way, USPS personnel are NOT government employees - the government regulates the USPS but that is all.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:52 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

All of you haveimpressive list's...

Although, this is my story.
Im 20 now,
My first car was a 1998 chevy cavalier (parents paid 1300, I paid 1000) so baught it for 2300 in 2005 when I was 15 1/2. Then Saved up My own hard worked for money (luckly I landed a high paying job out of highschool..) And when I was 19 right befor I turned 20

I baught WITH MY MONEY ALONE, a 2003 350z track with 497rwhp 20k+ in upgrades.

I agree with you all though, no 17 year old should ever have a 350z baught for them or at least own a 350z.. But I was 19 and Baught my own.. Is that still bad? Am I an exception?

My car list technicaly is:

1998 Chevy cavalier
2003 nissan 350z track
Old 04-16-2010, 01:54 PM
JEKL

You couldn't complete the application?

Man, I didn’t know there where that many dicks in this world, cant be happy for a fellow 350z owner with a decent career... I would be for any one else... But go ahead make fun...
Obviously there are a ton of things you don't know.

Originally Posted by fowlman01
I took teh USPS test when I was a kid and in those days you had to spell to pass it. Since I am now receiving mail addressed to other people, I guess that is no longer a requirement.
touche!

Originally Posted by fowlman01
you missed ment
And think about how much more I could have included if I addressed all the errors in punctuation, run on sentences and capitalization.
Old 04-16-2010, 02:00 PM
fowlman01

Originally Posted by PerfZ

The USPS is going to bust the unions' ***** when the current contracts are up, and you junior guys are going to be saying bye-bye. They lost $8 billion last year - how long do you thing they can keep doing that? Cutting Saturday delivery without cutting people does not save any money. I deal with the business mail entry people at the USPS every working day of my life, and believe me, this kid is NOT smarter than 93% of them. Of course being a letter carrier does not really require all that much intelligence but he has hit his glass ceiling for sure. By the way, USPS personnel are NOT government employees - the government regulates the USPS but that is all.
Correct! One of my responsibilities at the university was the Contract Postal Unit and Mail Services. I didn't deal with the worker bee's but I dealt with the management people at the USPS and they are going to rape the unions. I don't want to see anyone lose a job, but the reality is that they can't keep losing money and personnel is ALWAYS the biggest expense.

This recession is changing many ways we did business in the past. I have said this before on here. There are no secure jobs at this time. Now is the time we all find out if education is important....or not.
Old 04-16-2010, 02:04 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You are mistaken. Recheck your math. Also, see me after class.

You're not well off, not lucky, and not smart.
Old 04-16-2010, 02:06 PM
fowlman01

Originally Posted by Spork
You are mistaken. Recheck your math. Also, see me after class.

You're not well off, not lucky, and not smart.
meanie.......
Old 04-16-2010, 02:07 PM
DC350z10

im 20 as well with a 350z that has a little bit of modification. not too much done to the engine because i cant afford it. i'm in the military and am paying on the loan that i needed to get the car. yeah, i didnt go to college, but i am working on that now that the military pays for it.
Old 04-16-2010, 02:26 PM
CreepyCrawl
Banned

All of you haveimpressive list's...

Although, this is my story.
Im 20 now,
My first car was a 1998 chevy cavalier (parents paid 1300, I paid 1000) so baught it for 2300 in 2005 when I was 15 1/2. Then Saved up My own hard worked for money (luckly I landed a high paying job out of highschool..) And when I was 19 right befor I turned 20

I baught WITH MY MONEY ALONE, a 2003 350z track with 497rwhp 20k+ in upgrades.

I agree with you all though, no 17 year old should ever have a 350z baught for them or at least own a 350z.. But I was 19 and Baught my own.. Is that still bad? Am I an exception?

My car list technicaly is:

1998 Chevy cavalier
2003 nissan 350z track
Youre funny. You're not the exception. I am. I admit the truth and you really ought to try it sometime. 497hp Z without help LOL.

What kind of test did they give you to get the job? A coloring book. Color within the lines and you have the job. If you take as much pride in your "497hp Z" as you do your level of communication then it will be blown in less than a year.

Last edited by CreepyCrawl; 04-16-2010 at 02:31 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 02:27 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

God you are a total a$$ munch and if you could spell it would only get worse.And wow a letter carrier for the UPSP and you are not a government employee............jack a$$.
Old 04-16-2010, 02:36 PM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

no one can steel your job bro! fight the man!
Old 04-16-2010, 03:12 PM
thebuffalo11

I made $18.50 when I was hired, and now I make almost 25/hr. For 20 yr old that’s not bad... I do go to collage at night since I work 40+hrs a week, slowly but surly I'm working towards a degree. I make more than most ppl my age, and yes they may get a degree faster than me but ill get mine over time.

The average letter carrier makes $50,000 t0 $65,000/yr depending. And I f you get into supervisory you can make up to $85,000 or more. Not millions but a comfortable income. And if you stay employed for 30-50 yrs

This is the average American earning with and without degrees...
As you can see, i'm earning as much as an equivalent of an associates - bachelors.

Professional Degree $109,600
Doctoral Degree $89,400
Master's Degree $62,300
Bachelor's Degree $52,200
Associate's Degree $38,200
Some College $36,800
High School Graduate $30,400
Some High School $23,400
Average Annual Earnings—Different Levels of Education.

For the guy who said the USPS is not government owned, you are a Moran.
The USPS is GOVERNMENT OWNED, BUT NOT GOVERMENT RAN. Meaning my paycheck comes only from customer profit, not by the gov. I am still a government employee...

And I won’t make millions working for the USPS, but I can live comfortably and provide for my family in the future. It is a career not a job.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:34 PM
fowlman01

I made $18.50 when I was hired, and now I make almost 25/hr. For 20 yr old that’s not bad... I do go to collage at night since I work 40+hrs a week, slowly but surly I'm working towards a degree. I make more than most ppl my age, and yes they may get a degree faster than me but ill get mine over time.

The average letter carrier makes $50,000 t0 $65,000/yr depending. And I f you get into supervisory you can make up to $85,000 or more. Not millions but a comfortable income. And if you stay employed for 30-50 yrs

This is the average American earning with and without degrees...
As you can see, i'm earning as much as an equivalent of an associates - bachelors.

Professional Degree $109,600
Doctoral Degree $89,400
Master's Degree $62,300
Bachelor's Degree $52,200
Associate's Degree $38,200
Some College $36,800
High School Graduate $30,400
Some High School $23,400
Average Annual Earnings—Different Levels of Education.

For the guy who said the USPS is not government owned, you are a Moran.
The USPS is GOVERNMENT OWNED, BUT NOT GOVERMENT RAN. Meaning my paycheck comes only from customer profit, not by the gov. I am still a government employee...

And I won’t make millions working for the USPS, but I can live comfortably and provide for my family in the future. It is a career not a job.
since the usps is so upside down, where do they find the funds to pay you? There is no profit.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:40 PM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

who doesn't know how to spell college? maybe i should make a collage of all the words you can't spell.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:44 PM
fury350

why you all bashing on this guy for trying to make it through life? he finds a job that pays decent, regardless of what it is or what he does, and buys a 350z. so ****ing what? maybe i didnt read far enough back on all of the posts, but just let the guy live his life the way he wants to and the way he can make it.

Quick Reply: This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...