Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Posted On The Club Rx8...

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2003, 04:53 AM
FairladyZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are not making fun of anyone. The pic and the way Mike posted his response was very funny. I dont see anyone bashing the Rx8 guys.

Lets face it guys, the 350Z is a better car than the Rx8. I would have to agree with the Rx8 guys though, about how they get all the looks. When people are looking they are saying what the h*ll was that thing? Its ugly as sin....etc....
Old 11-22-2003, 04:55 AM
Dissolved

Originally posted by EVO Killer

An STI or EVO will kill any of you any day of the week and it cost the same if not less then most Z's depending on what trim package you get.

obviously you've never raced an evo before . Oh and go check the kill section about the sti. The Z was neck to neck with it on the highway for the most part. That was posted by an sti owner as well
Old 11-22-2003, 05:37 AM
Conceyted

Originally posted by Pure Tremble

obviously you've never raced an evo before . Oh and go check the kill section about the sti. The Z was neck to neck with it on the highway for the most part. That was posted by an sti owner as well
You must be fairly ignorant about other cars then. The sti is charted as low 13s in the quarter some touching the 12s. The evo is around the 13.4s and these are both stock. Once you get into modded cars EVERYTHIGN is up for grabs and its retarded comparing modded cars. Bottom line, they both would kick our *** in the 1/4 stock for stock. On the highway, AWD turbo cars arent the best things for highway runs, I could see them being neck and neck with us. But where it truly counts they are the faster car. Numbers dont lie.
Old 11-22-2003, 06:20 AM
CelticPride2

Originally posted by EVO Killer
That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard anyone say! Everyone here is a child and I am ashamed to be a part of this club!

We are enjoying the glory days right now, between the STI, EVO, 350Z, RX8 and S2000 all in the same price range it has never been a better time to be a car lover. But rather than embrass this everyone has to talk $hit about other cars. To each his own. People like certain cars and others don't, you don't have to bash people if they don't share your opinion.
Amen to that ...after 5+ years of our highways being flooded with behemoth SUV's, we're finally seeing a sports car renaissance! So why not just enjoy the the fact that there's a multitude of affordable sports cars available? Besides, if we all whorshipped the same thing, the world would be a pretty d@mn boring place....

--D.J.
Old 11-22-2003, 07:26 AM
Mikestro

Originally posted by CelticPride2
:if we all whorshipped the same thing, the world would be a pretty d@mn boring place....

--D.J.
especially the car forums.
Old 11-22-2003, 07:29 AM
Mikestro

Originally posted by FairladyZ
I would have to agree with the Rx8 guys though, about how they get all the looks. When people are looking they are saying what the h*ll was that thing? Its ugly as sin....etc....
I hate to pick on the looks of the car, but jeez, didn't they do any marketing studies? From what I have heard (anecdotal info) the RX-8's aren't exactly selling like hotcakes. No waiting list or anything.
Old 11-22-2003, 07:49 AM
Conceyted

Originally posted by Mikestro
I hate to pick on the looks of the car, but jeez, didn't they do any marketing studies? From what I have heard (anecdotal info) the RX-8's aren't exactly selling like hotcakes. No waiting list or anything.
Why do you always feel the need to judge. MY respect for you is plumeting. You're displaying your immaturity well.
Old 11-22-2003, 10:45 AM
Mikestro

I'm 30, immature and proud of it. Don't take life to seriously, no one gets out alive.

In 5 years, it will make zero difference whom you had respect for on an car forum. Get a grip on reality.

Edit: Everyone else thought it was funny. Remember, all I did was show a funny picture and say which car I liked better, I'd have to check but that is probably not the first time this has occured on this site.

Last edited by Mikestro; 11-22-2003 at 10:49 AM.
Old 11-22-2003, 10:52 AM
Dissolved

Originally posted by Conceyted
You must be fairly ignorant about other cars then. The sti is charted as low 13s in the quarter some touching the 12s. The evo is around the 13.4s and these are both stock. Once you get into modded cars EVERYTHIGN is up for grabs and its retarded comparing modded cars. Bottom line, they both would kick our *** in the 1/4 stock for stock. On the highway, AWD turbo cars arent the best things for highway runs, I could see them being neck and neck with us. But where it truly counts they are the faster car. Numbers dont lie.
LOL my neighbor has a white one. Have you ever raced one? I have twice. Neck and neck from a stop until the end of 3rd where I usually start pulling. 3rd gear roll I pulled a car length and a half and slowly pulled one car length by the end of 4th.
Stop being a magazine racer kid. He never mentioned anything about mods either. How about we READ the posts?
Oh, by the way what do you know about modding cars??? Ever own a tt before? Tell me something I dont know jr
Old 11-22-2003, 10:53 AM
Dissolved

Originally posted by Mikestro
I'm 30, immature and proud of it. Don't take life to seriously, no one gets out alive.

In 5 years, it will make zero difference whom you had respect for on an car forum. Get a grip on reality.

Exactly!!! We need some internet band-aids to hand out or something
Old 11-22-2003, 12:46 PM
nigevellie

Numbers dont lie. [/B]
of course they do. numbers, taken out of context, can be used to prove any point of view. just like the bible. text in the bible has been used to fuel the stupidest of views.
Old 11-22-2003, 12:59 PM
Conceyted

Originally posted by Pure Tremble
LOL my neighbor has a white one. Have you ever raced one? I have twice. Neck and neck from a stop until the end of 3rd where I usually start pulling. 3rd gear roll I pulled a car length and a half and slowly pulled one car length by the end of 4th.
Stop being a magazine racer kid. He never mentioned anything about mods either. How about we READ the posts?
Oh, by the way what do you know about modding cars??? Ever own a tt before? Tell me something I dont know jr
I have owned a modded eclipse gsx... AWD turbo. You telling me you can hang with a sti off the line is telling me your neighbor cant drive.

Anyway, you guys are both very closed minded and mentally challenged judging from what your posting here. The sti runs a low mid 13s in the quarter mile, think about it. We cant hang stock for stock. Telling me to jump back to reality? Oh okay, I guess thinking the z is faster than these cars is reality in you alls world.

And finally, I am not a magazine racer. Times in magazines are about as good as made up times or fake timeslips. They reflect next to nothing.

Last edited by Conceyted; 11-22-2003 at 01:07 PM.
Old 11-22-2003, 05:40 PM
CelticPride2

Originally posted by nigevellie
of course they do. numbers, taken out of context, can be used to prove any point of view. just like the bible. text in the bible has been used to fuel the stupidest of views.
Well put, nigevellie

"There are three kinds of lies in this world: plain lies, damn lies, and statistics"
--Mark Twain
Old 11-22-2003, 10:52 PM
EVO Killer

Saying that the Z can keep up with an STI stock for stock is just plain stupid. If you beat or hung with one the other driver had no clue what he is doing! You can give the best car to the worst driver and he will still suck!

I have a friend with a bone stock STI. We went to the drag stip a few weeks back, he ran a 13.00 and a 12.89, bone stock with 2K miles on the car. A stock Z can not keep up with this period.

I love the Z, I think it is a great car. It's fast yes, is it the fastest for the money, NO! Unlike some people on this board I don't live in dream land and know where my car stands. Maybe I should go visit dreamland with you guys, I hear the weathers great this time of year, and the fastest car on earth is the Z.

- Drew
Old 11-22-2003, 11:35 PM
Paul_BB_Guy

RX8 vs. 350Z?
IMO I simply don't like the look of the RX8. When I saw it in magazines I thought it looked AMAZING but it was a serious disappointment when I saw it in person.

The last models of the RX7 were super sweet. I have nothing but respect for those. The RX8? A mediocre attempt at a Sports Car by Mazda. From what I'm hearing the Mazda 6 is more fun to drive than the RX8.

In summation, props to RX7 and thumbs down to RX8.
Old 11-22-2003, 11:51 PM
reiver

RX8 did not replace the RX7. The RX7 is supposed to come out soon. It's an RX7 mini-me.

There is luv out there for the 350Z, even on WRX forums
http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...threadid=13538
Old 11-22-2003, 11:54 PM
reiver

New RX7

http://www.imakenews.com/autospies/e...e000154774.cfm
Attached Thumbnails Posted On The Club Rx8...-9106939_image001.jpg  
Old 11-23-2003, 08:32 PM
Mikestro

Conceyted, I can't believe you said "you alls"...lame, even for someone in LA.

No one gives a **** about anyone's opinion, especially mine or yours .

I never said my car is faster than any other car, why can't you guys stay on topic? I KNOW why, because it is not fun to admit the truth and then consequently STFU.

I said ,
1.) Making "rotor" sign is gay.
2.) I don't like the RX-8's appearance.
3.) RX-8 has mechanical problems (many replaced engines...hardly a disputable issue).
4.) I loved my old RX-7 and I hope Mazda introduces a new RX-7 for the USA with some more ponies and less problems (than the RX-8).

If you have a problem with those statements or think I was saying MORE than that or OTHER than that, you are wrong.

peace, Mike

Last edited by Mikestro; 11-23-2003 at 08:52 PM.
Old 11-23-2003, 08:36 PM
Mikestro

Conceyted, as far as close minded or mentally challenged....

You said that from what we posted here, you decided we were the above verbs..... learn about people.....truely learn about people before blurting out something that could come from a horses @ss and be more accurate.
Old 11-23-2003, 11:18 PM
NissaNZ

...B-B-But the rx8 rOxOrZ man, the X-MEN drive one too. HAHA.

Quick Reply: Posted On The Club Rx8...