Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Common Sense+Logic = Delivery news?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2002, 06:51 PM
Bishop_Tx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Common Sense+Logic = Delivery news?

Primarily asked of those in the know, work for NNA etc.

Q. Is there no way to get a better idea of when our cars are supposed to be here? My dealer gave me an original date of Aug 26, then Sept 4 and now it's unknown. My track model does not show up in Nissandriven.com inventory.

This seems odd. I work for a manufacurer (different industry) much larger than Nissan who ships and distributes capital products around the world. We have all the same issues Nissan does with things like customs, shipping delays, manufacturing delays etc.

However we know where our products are at all times, as we have a vested interest in them -- for multiple reasons.

For starters our customers want status regularlly and we are all in the customer service business and we need to tell them. Secondly, because these are capital products (valued at more than $5K) we hold title on those products until our customers take delivery -- so we make darn sure we know where our money is, because in reality that's what it is.

Now Nissan must also know this -- they know where their cars are, when they got there and when they are scheduled to be delivered. Somebody HAS to know this or your business wouldn't be able to function.

Most of us have VIN numbers. There's got to be a way to track down the car via that or some other system and inform the customer about the car's location and expected delivery.

Examples of status would be:

-- Car is is port of entry, got off boat on X/X/2002
-- Car is scheduled to leave port on X/X/2002 and arrive in Dallas on X/X/2002
-- Car has left distribution center and is on it's way to dealer,expect dealer delivery in 2-3 days.

Please let us know. I have a considerable investment in my Z on order and would like to know. Most of us are only respectable consumers interested in some honest answers to our investments.

Chris Harding
Chrome Silver Track with all the options
Austin, TX (Town North Nissan)
Old 09-04-2002, 07:27 PM
vanstorm16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Something like a courier company like UPS where you can track your shipment?

I was told by my dealer that once my car hits the production line later this month or early next month, they will receive a production number where they can track the vehicle and know its whereabouts. Don't know if this is what you are looking for though.
Old 09-04-2002, 08:14 PM
Scafremon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by vanstorm16
I was told by my dealer that once my car hits the production line later this month or early next month, they will receive a production number where they can track the vehicle and know its whereabouts.
Japan
Japan
Japan
Japan
wait...maybe...it might be....nope
Japan
Japan

Sold yesterday for $5K over MSRP

Didn't you receive our pidgeon?