Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Keep the Z or go with a '11 EVO X GSR?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 06:40 PM
blasian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got fired from my other one. Ended up getting a better position and pay elsewhere so I can't complain. Plus the managers at the other job were meh....

Glad it happened.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:08 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Well that's good to hear at least. They catch you fapping during work hours or something?
Old 02-24-2011, 09:21 PM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,448 Likes on 1,769 Posts

Originally Posted by blasian
How about you STFU

EVOs are stupid like Hawaiian Internet

Spork,

Your opinion is as valuable as a woman because you look like one
You shut your ***** mouth when you talk to me you fake *** Tiger Woods.

Where where you been?
Old 02-25-2011, 12:45 AM
Spork

Not catching footballs, I'll tell you that much.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:06 AM
blasian

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
You shut your ***** mouth when you talk to me you fake *** Tiger Woods.

Where where you been?
I've been enjoying life since GT5 is the best racing game ever!

On a more serious note, old job had me working a chitload of hours but glad I have a more routine job that won't have me working 10+ hours a day on salary pay.

Still in Korea?

Ben,

Drunk football ftw!
Old 02-25-2011, 06:23 AM
cow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spork

Name:  failgregbu3.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  62.7 KB
Old 02-25-2011, 06:26 AM
blasian

I broke my phone that day

Probably had something to do with falling down 10 times and life moving at 5fps.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:03 PM
Spork

Old 02-26-2011, 03:18 AM
bboypuertoroc

Originally Posted by Spork
Old 02-26-2011, 03:20 AM
bboypuertoroc

Originally Posted by blasian
I've been enjoying life since GT5 is the best racing game ever!

On a more serious note, old job had me working a chitload of hours but glad I have a more routine job that won't have me working 10+ hours a day on salary pay.

Still in Korea?

Ben,

Drunk football ftw!
Yup, still in this hell hole. Leave in October... not sure if I'll be heading to Hawaii or Georgia after this.

Heard you got Donald Trump'd from your old job.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:04 AM
mkivttdterror

Originally Posted by The Operation
I may only be new to the forums however I do have a huge passion for cars and I do currently own a 350z.

Unless you need the extra space do not switch to the Evo. Why would you ever go to a 4 cylinder awd 4 door from a Z. I cannot stand the disgusting sound of a 4 cylinder, and the slow response of a 4 cylinder. The Z is timeless it looks beautiful and makes you feel great behind the wheel. The cockpit may be a little on the cheap side however the interior design elements such as the seating position, gauge clusters, red dials and that massive tach make you feel like you are driving a SPORTS CAR and that is a great feeling. This feeling cannot be replicated in a 4 door sedan that looks like everything else on the road. Simply put the Z is a drivers car the evo is not regardless of what the press says.

On the modification front you can buy a turbonetics single turbo kit for 5 grand and you will make 380+whp and it will be plenty reliable for a DD. If you buy a new EVO you will spend far more than 5 grand just purchasing the car and never have the potential the Z had because at the end of the performance road the Z has far more displacement and that means you are going to make far more power on pump gas than you could with the evo. For the difference in price between a new evo and a Z you could make the Z have 500+ whp all day long and that my friend is going to eat any evo you throw at it unless they are running race gas/meth injection.
Definitely did NOT hit a sore spot. Ask anybody here... I'm a HUGE Z fan, more so than my love for Mitsubishis. Hell, I ask my wife on a constant basis to let me sell the Evo so I can get another Z (yes, another... I'm a prior 350Z owner, so I got a slight clue what I'm talking about, unlike you).

The diarrhea coming out of your mouth is ridiculous, and shows you have no clue about what you're talking about. On top of that, I can definitely tell you have little to no experience with Evolutions.

Please don't talk about potential, because you'll fail in an instant. Please tell me... how many street-driven 9 second Z's are out there? What are the fastest time-attack cars? LMAO at you talking about theoretics and WHP... doesn't mean **** when you get stomped on track.

Let's settle this:

It would be foolish to ignore the Z or the EVO's inherit potential, as well as their known weaknesses. The EVO is certainly easier and more cost efficient to get it into the 12's or 11's (I'll leave road courses out of this because that's a given...) But it becomes increasingly difficult to go past that, whereas with the Z, it would be easier in my opinion. And this is when the playing field becomes even. And at some point the old, ''there's no replacement for displacement'' saying does ring true. Not including the fact that there is less **** that can break on the Z. While with the EVO, needless to say, you run into issues with things like transfer cases, gearboxes, etc...

Traction is not as much of an issue on a RWD car that's running slicks, this has been proven time and time again and it is common knowledge now. The Z would simply match or even beat the EVO out of the hole.

But back to the subject matter...

I went to the Mitsu dealer and almost pulled the trigger. All I had to do is sign, and the EVO would have been mine. But unfortunately I couldn't get the monthly note where I wanted it to be. Mostly because of the trim that they had in stock (I couldn't justify paying 40k for options that I didn't want.) So even with the money left from my trade in and a sizeable down payment, it still didn't matter. Plus, having two vehicles to trade in is never a good idea. Too many variables.

I love my Z, so, the deal would have had to been right for me to go through with it.
Old 04-03-2011, 02:20 PM
mr. sparco

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts

^
Old 04-08-2011, 07:39 AM
jak

I vote for the Z!!
Old 04-08-2011, 08:05 AM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

i'm still shocked that dealerships won't let you test drive some 30k$ car. Then again i'm not sure what the driving history or credit of these people they won't let test drive stuff.

I had no problem getting a test drive in a new viper and a new mercedes. The salesman didn't even come with me on the test drive in the mercedes.

get off your high horse mitsu, the car isn't THAT great.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:22 PM
bboypuertoroc

Originally Posted by mkivttdterror
Let's settle this:

It would be foolish to ignore the Z or the EVO's inherit potential, as well as their known weaknesses. The EVO is certainly easier and more cost efficient to get it into the 12's or 11's (I'll leave road courses out of this because that's a given...) But it becomes increasingly difficult to go past that, whereas with the Z, it would be easier in my opinion. And this is when the playing field becomes even. And at some point the old, ''there's no replacement for displacement'' saying does ring true. Not including the fact that there is less **** that can break on the Z. While with the EVO, needless to say, you run into issues with things like transfer cases, gearboxes, etc...
Your opinion is wrong. It's not even about opinions... it's about proven results. Difficult for Evos to get past 11's? There is an abundance of 10 second Evos, and as I said before, plenty of daily-driven 9 second examples. Can't say the same about Z's.

Definitely, DEFINITELY more **** that can (and most likely will) break on the Evo without taking proper precautions, which you won't see on the Z.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:29 PM
bboypuertoroc

Originally Posted by binder
i'm still shocked that dealerships won't let you test drive some 30k$ car. Then again i'm not sure what the driving history or credit of these people they won't let test drive stuff.
I went to test drive Evos three times. First time I was allowed, second time it was a no-go, third time I was thrown the keys and told to come back before the dealership closed. Needless to say I bought third one.

One thing you gotta understand is a large number of people that want to buy an Evo plan on beating the **** out of it. They would also like to beat on it during the test drive, and a lot of them won't buy the one they tested. Dealers don't want to deal with that. The buyers of Mercedes, Vipers, BMWs, etc. are usually not buying/testing the car because they want something they can beat the **** out of.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:52 PM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

One thing you gotta understand is a large number of people that want to buy an Evo plan on beating the **** out of it. They would also like to beat on it during the test drive, and a lot of them won't buy the one they tested.
that i agree with that totally so i don't mind if a salesman comes with for the ride.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:33 PM
mr. sparco

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts

I went to test drive Evos three times. First time I was allowed, second time it was a no-go, third time I was thrown the keys and told to come back before the dealership closed. Needless to say I bought third one.
Same here I was offered to take one home. If they know you are very serious, can afford it, and that you will go home with an Evo that day, they'll toss you the keys for a few hours.

I love my Z but the X is just an awesome car even as a DD, it just handles like no other I've driven.

Last edited by mr. sparco; 04-08-2011 at 07:34 PM.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:40 PM
Armando

I sold my Z and bought an EVO X last yr. I have no regrets. I did get more unwanted attention in my Z tho.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:27 AM
mkivttdterror

Your opinion is wrong. It's not even about opinions... it's about proven results. Difficult for Evos to get past 11's? There is an abundance of 10 second Evos, and as I said before, plenty of daily-driven 9 second examples. Can't say the same about Z's.

Definitely, DEFINITELY more **** that can (and most likely will) break on the Evo without taking proper precautions, which you won't see on the Z.

I don't see many 10/9 second street/daily-driven EVO X's out there...

But even with the trusty iron block 4G63, you won't get those sort of numbers on stock internals and drivetrain man. Which is what I meant by the playing field being level at a certain point. Yeah sure, it is relatively cheap to get EVO's to 12's/11's (like I stated earlier) and yeah you can make 400 AWHP rather easily, but after that, the Z and the EVO are even cost performance wise.

And you have to realize that you don't see many all-out performance oriented Z's out there, simply because our community is different from the EVO's. Most of our community are more concerned about being ''hellaflush''. It is NOT that the 350-370Z isn't capable.

Quick Reply: Keep the Z or go with a '11 EVO X GSR?