Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Vinny Ten Racing & my350z... together at last!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 01:00 PM
Brandon@VTR
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vinny Ten Racing & my350z... together at last!

Vinny Ten Racing
100 Dale Street
West Babylon NY, 11704
(631) 414-7590
VTR - Facebook Page
Monday-Friday 9:00am-6:00pm
Saturday 9:00am-4:00pm

VTR Presents: 3rd Annual Z & G Dyno shootout/BBQ

We here at Vinny Ten Racing just want to sincerely thank everyone for allowing us to be part of the Z & G community. We are here to provide the very best customer experience and provide the highest level of customer satisfaction and service on Long Island.

Most of you know Vinny Ten for his Import Drag Racing history and his world record holding, 1800hp, 6-second 350z. He was the first to enter the 6’s with a Nissan as well as breaking the 200mph mark in the ¼ mile. Vinny also built the fastest street tire car for another company, which went 8.33 at 176mph. Other notable builds coming from VTR are Rocky’s blue 350z with a 6 speed last year went 10.3 @146mph, Gerald’s 6 speed went 10.65 @ 136mph and Leo’s Hot Import Night show winner went 11.3 @126mph with a full widebody!

While our shop comes with this history, it also comes with the knowledge of 30 years of import turbo/super charging and tuning from basic piggyback systems to full standalone systems. Vinny and all of our techs here at VTR know what it’s like to run factory backed race teams, build the quickest and fastest race cars and develop any race engine platform available today. In fact, Vinny still holds the worlds fastest & quickest Toyota Supra record with a 7.30 @ 191mph on gas!

With an AWD Eddy current DYNOJET Dyno and a 7,000 sq. foot super clean ultra modern facility, VTR is a complete performance, service, retail and tuning facility! We currently support Hydra EMS and Up Rev as well as many other tuning software platforms. We have full fabrication abilities from complete engine services to the most complicated diagnostics problems to all out custom race engines, but more then anything else we also take care of basic service needs.

Routine maintenance, clutches, brakes, etc, we do it all! Furthermore we treat every car that is at our shop with the up most respect. Your car is never taken on a joyride and is always cared for like it’s our very own. Cars are kept inside at night and always under the most strict lock, key, video and alarm.

We obviously are here to earn your trust as we have been doing for the past 18 years in business. We are the longest standing performance shop in New York. Feel free to come by ANYTIME to see our facility and have a no hassle no pressure conversation experience. We are all car enthusiasts and have experience with everything from imports, domestics and exotic cars to drag, drift, time attack and rally as well.

Also, check the event section for our upcoming dyno day!

Last edited by Brandon@VTR; 02-22-2011 at 08:05 AM.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:34 PM
RichAtUpRev

Exclamation

This is the kind of shady bull I have talked to you about many times before. And exactly the reason why Vinny Ten will never be an Authorized reseller of UpRev product.

Dear Consumers, do not be fooled by lies posted on web forums, if you'd like to see who is an Authorized reseller, simply check our Dealer page on our Website.

Vinny: Keep our business name out of your mouth.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:46 PM
pcressey

Old 02-18-2011, 01:55 PM
Brandon@VTR
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by RichAtUpRev
This is the kind of shady bull I have talked to you about many times before. And exactly the reason why Vinny Ten will never be an Authorized reseller of UpRev product.

Dear Consumers, do not be fooled by lies posted on web forums, if you'd like to see who is an Authorized reseller, simply check our Dealer page on our Website.

Vinny: Keep our business name out of your mouth.
We buy Stillen supercharger kits and Treadstone turbokit products which come with your software. We NEVER claimed we were an authorized reseller just that we are familiar with the software and have access to it because of the turbo and supercharger kits that come with your Up Rev product.

Vinny: "Don't call me shady. This is the kind of mudslinging that we don't need in this industry, you should be above this. If you have a problem Rich, call me at the shop."
Old 02-18-2011, 01:55 PM
RichAtUpRev

Quoted so it's not confused here.

Originally Posted by Brandon@VTR
With an AWD Eddy current DYNOJET Dyno and a 7,000 sq. foot super clean ultra modern facility, VTR is a complete performance, service, retail and tuning facility! We currently support Hydra EMS and Up Rev as well as many other tuning software platforms. We have full fabrication abilities from complete engine services to the most complicated diagnostics problems to all out custom race engines, but more then anything else we also take care of basic service needs.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:59 PM
RichAtUpRev

Exclamation

You sell their product, but you don't mention them, you mention our name.

There isn't any mud being slung here. This is a fact, you're not authorized to sell our product, but you will use our name to entice customers. I want to make sure customers know that Performance Motorsports East is an authorized tuner of our product. They have all the updated software, and they have access to support from UpRev so that their customers can be taken care of.

You mention UpRev in your marketing and I'll make sure to mention the best shop to deal with.

We buy Stillen supercharger kits and Treadstone turbokit products which come with your software. We NEVER claimed we were an authorized reseller just that we are familiar with the software and have access to it because of the turbo and supercharger kits that come with your Up Rev product.

Vinny: "Don't call me shady. This is the kind of mudslinging that we don't need in this industry, you should be above this. If you have a problem Rich, call me at the shop."
Old 02-18-2011, 01:59 PM
Brandon@VTR
Vendor - Former Vendor

Quoted so it's not confused here.
Again, we never said we were an authorized dealer/reseller. It clearly states we support the software because we are able to tune your product due to it coming in the turbo and supercharger kits you sell it to.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:04 PM
RichAtUpRev

Exclamation

Again, you never mention the products you're selling, you use our name to make your company sound more reputable. We've worked hard to be the most well respected company in the Nissan aftermarket. I don't want to be associated with your company.

So why mention us if you wont mention the companies you do sell? Shady. Misleading. Misrepresentation.

Again, we never said we were an authorized dealer/reseller. It clearly states we support the software because we are able to tune your product due to it coming in the turbo and supercharger kits you sell it to.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:07 PM
Brandon@VTR
Vendor - Former Vendor

There isn't any mud being slung here. This is a fact, you're not authorized to sell our product, but you will use our name to entice customers. I want to make sure customers know that Performance Motorsports East is an authorized tuner of our product. They have all the updated software, and they have access to support from UpRev so that their customers can be taken care of.

You mention UpRev in your marketing and I'll make sure to mention the best shop to deal with.
That's more then fine. You can post in our thread about another company, just goes to show the man behind the business. We are still able to tune the software, which I was only stating which software we tune, which are the 2 main platforms offered for the z & g's, Hydra and Up Rev.

AGAIN, we NEVER said we are SELLING your software, only that we support it due to our purchases with STILLEN, TURBONETICS and MOMENTUM.

Vinny: "If you try to slander my name again that I am a shady business man, then I will take legal actions. I never did anything shady, all I said was that we support the software. By the way, give my best to the guys over at Performance. Tell them I said hello."
Old 02-18-2011, 02:08 PM
R350Zz33

i wonder why i hear more about performance motor-sports then i do vinny ten ?
Old 02-18-2011, 02:11 PM
Wipe_Drive

Like how this is the only thread youve ever posted in...
Old 02-18-2011, 02:13 PM
RichAtUpRev

Thumbs down

You haven't a legal leg to stand on, if you think you do, have your counsel contact our counsel. Veiled threats online are pathetic.

That's more then fine. You can post in our thread about another company, just goes to show the man behind the business. We are still able to tune the software, which I was only stating which software we tune, which are the 2 main platforms offered for the z & g's, Hydra and Up Rev.

AGAIN, we NEVER said we are SELLING your software, only that we support it due to our purchases with STILLEN, TURBONETICS and MOMENTUM.

Vinny: "If you try to slander my name again that I am a shady business man, then I will take legal actions. I never did anything shady, all I said was that we support the software. By the way, give my best to the guys over at Performance. Tell them I said hello."
Old 02-18-2011, 02:14 PM
eat rice z33

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ive been to Vinny's shop, Seen his work, Seen his employees, talked to him about the VQ and his experiences.. The man clearly knows his business and has an amazing shop. Keep up the good work vinny! Let me know if I can dyno my Diesel sometime this year
Old 02-18-2011, 02:22 PM
0jiggy0

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by R350Zz33
i wonder why i hear more about performance motor-sports then i do vinny ten ?
PM sells a lot of uprev( The most in the country ) Which this forum loves, so you hear about them more. Vinny only sells hydra and people from his shop dont post much. So maybe youll call it better marketing.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:23 PM
Lakeside

Why hasn't VTR approached UpRev to become an authorized dealer?! With as many HR and VHR 350z & 370z's out there it seems to me it would be a wise business decision if you want to compete with Performance Motorsports!

All my work thus far has been done by Performance Motorsports. I have personally spoken to Vinny @ the Street Wheelz car show that his crew attended sponsored by Performance Motorsports. Several of my friends have had turbos and SC's installed by VTR on Z's & G's.

I personally would never take my car to VTR due to the fact that the shop isn't an UpRev dealer. So there is no tuning that can be done for me there... VTR is loosing alot of the market due to this fact.

Zim
Old 02-18-2011, 02:28 PM
Brandon@VTR
Vendor - Former Vendor

You haven't a legal leg to stand on, if you think you do, have your counsel contact our counsel. Veiled threats online are pathetic.
We've been supporting this community since 2003, setting records, going to the track, giving track side road racing support, hosting BBQ's, going to car shows and helping HUNDREDS of Z & G owners. We are a small company that gives personalized service, we neither have a dealership and/or large corporation behind us, but we take our own money to advertise on my350z.com to hopefully support more of the community members.

It seems odd to me that it took 35 minutes to join this forum and reply to this thread, when neither YOU or the other company that you mentioned ever supported this forum. Yet day in and day out you make money from them, not cool.

By not offering another shop in our area the software, what choice do you give the community? We have tried on numerous occasions to work with you, but since you are so deep in the pockets with that other dealer, that you won't even take my calls. Refusing to work with me because I was a Cobb dealer at the time for their competing software, yet I still opened up my shop to Leon with the QX56 truck and allowed you to work with him in my shop for 2 weeks as it came from the other above mentioned shop. I've done everything I could to work directly with you and still continuously support you, yet for whatever reason you choose to continue to handle Up Rev's business in this manner.

I neither find this mature or professional, I will consider this manner closed and I will now move on and continue to support this community as I have been for the last 8 years.

Last edited by Brandon@VTR; 02-18-2011 at 02:29 PM.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:36 PM
The_Laughing_Man

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Old 02-18-2011, 02:36 PM
0jiggy0

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Lakeside
I personally would never take my car to VTR due to the fact that the shop isn't an UpRev dealer. So there is no tuning that can be done for me there... VTR is losing a lot of the market due to this fact.

Zim
Lol just because they aren't a dealer doesn't mean they cant tune it.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:11 PM
da mayor

I've had Vinny build my turbo G sedan and always refer new business over to him with no issues big or small.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:27 PM
RichAtUpRev

Wink

I personally made the choice not to sell to you because of your mouth and the way you approached me on several occasions. I've managed to keep your name out of my mouth and communication with customers. UpRev as a whole agrees with this approach. If you notice Performance Motorsports East has been our #1 reseller since they started and thats not being deep in the pockets, thats the customers choice. The way they handle themselves, the way they talk to customers and the way they chose to market themselves speaks volumes about why they sell so much of our product.

It's not always about money, sometimes it's about ethics though and thats something you can't seem to comprehend. We'd rather have respect from customers than let everyone sell our products. Quality over Quantity as a business practice.

I'd love to open another NYC regional Pro Tuner and I'm always looking for a shop that handles themselves in a reasonable manner. Vince at R/T Tuning is our #2 volume retailer and isn't too far from the area, so obviously there are plenty of customers interested in our product. Which is why you'd want to mention our name in your announcement, you're trying to gain favor with customers interested in our product, and is why I have an issue with that. I want our customers to be treated not only with the respect they deserve but also with the support that we offer through our Pro Tuner network.

I find it laughable that you would continue to try and prove a point by stating that if a customer purchases a Stillen Supercharger kit, Treadstone Turbo kit, or Momentum Turbo Kit that you'd be tuning it with our product. Obviously we're the OEM tuning provider for those products. You aren't an authorized reseller of our products yet you still mention us. The customer could just as easily buy those same products for the same price from our Authorized resellers and receive better support. So I guess those Pro Tuners should thank you for pushing customers in their doors because you can't fully support them and why would someone spend that many thousands of dollars on forced induction to have it tuned by a shop that hasn't come to UpRev for training on our product, doesn't have continual support and updates on our products? If they buy from you and have a problem, they'll have to bring their car to Performance Motorsports East or R/T Tuning for support, they may as well just bring their cars to them in the first place.

Care to point out more flaws in your marketing or should I carry on?

We've been supporting this community since 2003, setting records, going to the track, giving track side road racing support, hosting BBQ's, going to car shows and helping HUNDREDS of Z & G owners. We are a small company that gives personalized service, we neither have a dealership and/or large corporation behind us, but we take our own money to advertise on my350z.com to hopefully support more of the community members.

It seems odd to me that it took 35 minutes to join this forum and reply to this thread, when neither YOU or the other company that you mentioned ever supported this forum. Yet day in and day out you make money from them, not cool.

By not offering another shop in our area the software, what choice do you give the community? We have tried on numerous occasions to work with you, but since you are so deep in the pockets with that other dealer, that you won't even take my calls. Refusing to work with me because I was a Cobb dealer at the time for their competing software, yet I still opened up my shop to Leon with the QX56 truck and allowed you to work with him in my shop for 2 weeks as it came from the other above mentioned shop. I've done everything I could to work directly with you and still continuously support you, yet for whatever reason you choose to continue to handle Up Rev's business in this manner.

I neither find this mature or professional, I will consider this manner closed and I will now move on and continue to support this community as I have been for the last 8 years.

Quick Reply: Vinny Ten Racing & my350z... together at last!