Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is the most pointless part of the car?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 08:04 AM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use the key hole to put my windows up if I forget to do it before I turn the car off.
Old 06-01-2005, 08:06 AM
The Black Z

Originally Posted by Santacruzslick
I use the key hole to put my windows up if I forget to do it before I turn the car off.

haha didnt know you could, theres some things I didnt know about till now about my car, pretty sad...
Old 06-01-2005, 08:09 AM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

Originally Posted by The Black Z
haha didnt know you could, theres some things I didnt know about till now about my car, pretty sad...
Haha...yea...put the key in and hold in the "lock" position until they go up...hold it on "unlock" to make them go down.
Old 06-01-2005, 08:13 AM
The Black Z

Originally Posted by Santacruzslick
Haha...yea...put the key in and hold in the "lock" position until they go up...hold it on "unlock" to make them go down.

haha thanks, I found out about holding the keyless entry "unlock" to roll down your windows a few weeks ago...
Old 06-01-2005, 08:25 AM
DayBlueZ

You know, i just noticed that on the passenger side door, It has a nice pull handle with metal accent strip. And on the driver door, the pull handle is like a change holder. Why could they not add one to match on the drivers door?
Old 06-01-2005, 08:28 AM
bixby

I'm not sure why. But I know that the Z31 & Z32 cars where the same way.
Old 06-01-2005, 08:35 AM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

Originally Posted by DayBlueZ
You know, i just noticed that on the passenger side door, It has a nice pull handle with metal accent strip. And on the driver door, the pull handle is like a change holder. Why could they not add one to match on the drivers door?
THANKYOU!! I wonder if you could buy the Jap. version door panel and stick it there. Then both sides would have the handle.
Old 06-01-2005, 12:02 PM
kt350z

I use the following and do not think they are worthless

1. Passenger side cup holder (every day)
2. Indise rear hatch opener
3. Rear wiper

I had to say anyhting it would be the trunk. Can't fit anything in there... but then again that is not why I bought it
Old 06-01-2005, 01:23 PM
funkanimus

It is funny how much the car has changed from year to year. I guess Nissan has listened to the complaints and made lots of changes. My passenger-side cup-holder is solid, the rear-view dimmer works great, the Bose sounds great, never had a problem with the headlights, no probs with sunglasses, the flip-up compartment on the console is perfect for quarters for the toll road. I was suspicious about the knee pads, but I hit them frequently when throwing the car around on tight, twisty mountain roads (I'm 6 ft tall). I sometimes used the chrono to time how long it takes to get from the exit to my house. That's a pretty bad idea though. Most useless: the cassette player
Old 06-05-2005, 01:11 PM
Racer Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The MOST pointless feature has gotta be that little digital timer incorporated into the same pod as the digital speedo, tire pressure monitor, etc.

Unless you're drag racing....who da hell cares about a damn timer....LOL
Old 12-06-2005, 11:51 AM
bbarbour

Default Auto dimming Rear view mirror

I really hate the auto dimming rear view mirror, it's never dimming enough, if anyone knows how to fix it I would be interested.

Thanks
Bob
05 Datona
Old 12-06-2005, 12:07 PM
plumpzz

The most pointless part of the car is probably that damn rear strut bar. Whys it have to be so big? A thinner metal BAR would be just as useful. It would savev so much space. Also, whats the point of even having the cubby case if i can't even get the door to open -.-.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:33 PM
kbiz

-I’ve used the pop out cup holder for almost 3 years all the time. I even had a girlfriend bust it off with her knee… it actually just popped off and clipped right back on. I’ve put the largest drinks that will fit in there and never had an issue. I usually have a 20oz travel mug that I take coffee in. Love that damn cup holder. I trust that thing completely! I don’t like the ones by my elbows… I should just take that thing out.

-Warning stickers on the visors I hate those sooooooo much!! I also hate that Z cover I've seen to cover them.

-TCS wish it was a true on/off button... as in if I turn it off it stays off the next time I start the car.

-rear view mirror should be on dash as someone said. My auto dim works incredibly well though.

-Those little dirt catches on the sides of the seats... supposed to be for maps or something. All they do is catch dirt and make me have to whip out the little vac attachments. I use the one on the door occasionally.

-Dimples on the front bumper... wish they weren't there since I never had my front plate frame mounted and I use one of the grill mounts for mine.

-I like the rear wiper fluid... since I only use the wiper when going slow... there can be build up on the back glass... without the fluid I'd be grinding crud. Mine never leaks, even after almost 3 years. I live in Seattle so wipers are a must.

-Sunglasses holder... I have about 8 pairs and not one fits... actually I did get one to fit, but I had to unclip the whole thing to get it out so that doesn't count.

-I hate the accidental headlight turn off!

-Never even noticed any clothes hangers in the back... What?? I'll have to go look at that but my dry cleaning just gets laid in the back.

-Turn signal too quite. When playing the radio, I don't even hear it. I've gotten in the habit of double checking every time I use it just to be sure I'm not pulling an old man move.

-But the all time most pointless AND annoying thing is:
Those stupid red reflectors on the door panels… those are so ugly. I’d rather another car took off my door while driving by than have to live with those stupid things. Do they have to put those on by law?

The tape deck is useless too but it was useful to me but only to make a stereo faceplate out of:
Attached Thumbnails What is the most pointless part of the car?-stereo-insall-042.jpg  

Last edited by kbiz; 12-06-2005 at 07:35 PM.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:07 PM
Z_Driver
Master

Originally Posted by ZpikeZ
I use the rear wiper occasionally when it rains, but it's just so damn ugly ... i'd yank that sucker off if i could!!!
You can do it !!!

The wind blows off the rain anyways if you are driving over 25mph. So, who needs it. Every other sport car I ever owned didn't have one. Do you see them on the back of a Corvette? Viper?

Come on rip it off.

"-Warning stickers on the visors I hate those sooooooo much!! I also hate that Z cover I've seen to cover them." I agree 1000%. I tried those covers they stick out like a sore thumb. I then used 2" wide black velcro loop. Now I can stick all sorts of things up there and I do not see the warning labels anymore. Yeah !!!

Last edited by Z_Driver; 12-06-2005 at 10:10 PM.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:13 PM
thezedsled

Originally Posted by lowtempo
Someties when using the turn signal I can accidently turn off my headlights. I think the headlight device is way too loose......
+1, I accidently turn off my headlights all the time. This is a safety issue if you ask me...
Old 12-06-2005, 10:46 PM
nickintempe

I always thought that the "sunglass holder" was intended to stow the garage door remote...

Well, that's what I use it for anyway.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:10 AM
Acree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

for me the most useless part is the inside trunk release.

i always use the rearview autodim
i always use the cup holder
Old 12-07-2005, 02:19 AM
paulsmansfield

Originally Posted by SweatyPalm
May be you should have your ears checked. The signal sound is at nice decibel level.
what about the flashing green light on the dash, doesn't that give anything away
Old 12-07-2005, 03:16 AM
TiPIACE

Originally Posted by ZpikeZ
I went to AC with a damn fine chick to stay the night when my Z had less than 500 miles on it ... we stopped at a 7-11 and she got COFFEE and decided to put it in the passenger side cup holder. I first told her "NO, you're gonna drink it in the parking lot before we leave," but then I thought to myself, "she is hot, we are spending the night together in a hotel, I'd better let her do what she wants!" I think I drove 65 mph the whole way down and was looking nervously at that cup of coffee tipping over. What a predicament I was in!
hahaha thats a classic

reminds of me a situation my mate was in

took a chick out in his beloved Ford Cougar (dont ask!) and she put her bag on the edge of the seat brushed up against the centre console. They stopped at the atm, she jumped out to get some cash out, he moved her bag and noticed a slight mark on the console. He was shattered and his mood instantly changed. She got back in the car, noticed something was up as he was being mute, and he told her ummm some family stuff has come up, i gotta go back home. Dropped her off, and quickly drove home to clean the console.........what a pissa
Old 12-07-2005, 03:54 AM
thezedsled

Originally Posted by TiPIACE
hahaha thats a classic

reminds of me a situation my mate was in

took a chick out in his beloved Ford Cougar (dont ask!) and she put her bag on the edge of the seat brushed up against the centre console. They stopped at the atm, she jumped out to get some cash out, he moved her bag and noticed a slight mark on the console. He was shattered and his mood instantly changed. She got back in the car, noticed something was up as he was being mute, and he told her ummm some family stuff has come up, i gotta go back home. Dropped her off, and quickly drove home to clean the console.........what a pissa
They have a classification for that; it’s called obsessive compulsive disorder.

Quick Reply: What is the most pointless part of the car?