Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Motorcycle brethren please forgive me... Great driving roads Cali and Nevada w/pics

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2003, 12:48 AM
yooda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motorcycle brethren please forgive me... Great driving roads Cali and Nevada w/pics

Hi all,

I used to be into motorcycles before I got my Z. Suffice it to say a head on collision with a minivan going 45 mph (minivan's fault) riding my sport bike forced me to stop riding. Spent a month in the hospital with quite a bit of damage. Spent six months in a wheel chair and had to learn to walk again. Now I've got Titanium blend metal rods and screws as part of my leg...

Anyhow, that aside, I used to reference this site when I'd look for places to go for rides on my bike.

I'm sure the motorcyclists aren't going to be to stoked about a bunch of Z's clogging up their roads but ohh well... They can pass on the left...

http://www.pashnit.com/motoroads.htm

Last edited by yooda; 11-30-2003 at 12:51 AM.
Old 11-30-2003, 10:41 AM
thefrush

How is the police representation on those roads?
Old 11-30-2003, 01:35 PM
yooda

Originally posted by thefrush
How is the police representation on those roads?

Well there are over 100 roads listed, but I can speak to the major SoCal ones since thats where I live.

Basically, wherever a lot of sport bike riders congregate there are going to be a lot of motorcycle cops on the weekends. The ones that I used to congregate at where I saw a lot of cops were:

1. Angeles Crest
2. Latigo Canyon- Rock Store (my favorite)
3. Ortega Highway
4. Glendora Ridge
5. Rim of the world
6. Mulholland Highway

On Ortega Highway the bikers even have this hand signal system to indicate whether cops were near. That highway has to many dead 18 year old sport bike riders anyways.

I have a weird job where sometimes I'll have a few days during the week free. Thats when I rode the most, and you'll never see a cop anywhere. Once in a while a Sheriff.

The Santa Monica Transverse ranges are the best kept secret in SoCal for mountain pass driving. My favorite route was PCH to Latigo to Kanan, stopping at the Rock Store for a drink, then to Mullholland Highway to Ventura Blvd, stopping for Starbucks, 101, 405 back to West LA.

check out the sattelite of latigo, its nutz:

http://www.pashnit.com/maps/LatigoMap.htm

Its so curvy, you'll wear out your heel and cramp up your toes from heel toe'ing. Just drive slow at the bottom because thats where all the houses are. Axle rose lives around there somewhere.
Old 11-30-2003, 02:02 PM
ViZion

sorry to hear about your crash. i got really lucky with mine. some dumb b1tch on her cell took a left in front of me and totalled my 3 day old bike (yeah, three days from the dealership.) but like i said, i was extremely lucky. i walked away.

anywho, i digress. beautiful roads. i wish i was closer to cali sometimes (texas rocks) b/c the roads are just so damn awesome for bikes.

did you ever go to the track with your bike? i haven't been on my streetbike (for track days) since my wreck. i race mini endurance and that helped me get comfy in the saddle again. hopefully i can get some track time in on the big bike soon.

thanks for the post