Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Oct Prod. date.. Here in Nov??

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2002, 08:58 AM
vanstorm16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, once the car hits the production line, there will be a production number that can be used to track the car according to my dealer. Now, this is the case since I have an order in for my car and this is what he was referring to. It might not be the same if you do not have an order in and its not your car. Do you know if its just a car that the dealer's bringing in for sale on the lot?

I know that from the start of production it takes about 6 weeks to reach Vancouver. Add another 5-10 days to get across the country by rail and I'd say that the information you received is accurate.

Remember, October production could mean anything from October 1 to the very end. It could come earlier, it could come later too. Nissan is capable of producing something like 4000 cars a month. (correct me if I'm high on this number!)
Old 09-06-2002, 09:00 AM
nizl

So far there has been about a 2 month difference between production date and delivery date. For example, August build and October delivery.

If I were you, and he says October build, I would bet on December delivery, unless you're right by a major port (i.e. like in LA/San Pedro).
Old 09-06-2002, 09:37 AM
bobbyz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do not go by what is happening in the States. You need to get more infor from Canadians who have gotten their cars. It also seems like the cars were slow getting here for the first batch. Maybe they were slow leaving Japan for the first batch and June productions did not really leave until July. Anyway, Nissan Canada has a ship leaving every two weeks so if your Z just misses a ship it is very possible your car would be delayed until early December. I have a September production and my dealer says end of October, but I expect early November.
Old 09-06-2002, 10:09 AM
vanstorm16

bobbz's right about things in Canada being different than in the US. I ordered mid to late July here in Vancouver and have an "official" October production as well. They basically told me about 6 weeks from the date that it hits the production line. That said, they told me there's a chance it might be there sooner as well. Who knows, I'm not holding my breath for it to come early, that's for sure.

That's 60 or so days from point of order to production.

However, talking to other dealers around town while checking out other Z's, most say lead times have stretched into the new year for people ordering today.
Old 09-06-2002, 10:23 AM
ballz

Originally posted by vanstorm16
bobbz's right about things in Canada being different than in the US. I ordered mid to late July here in Vancouver and have an "official" October production as well. They basically told me about 6 weeks from the date that it hits the production line. That said, they told me there's a chance it might be there sooner as well. Who knows, I'm not holding my breath for it to come early, that's for sure.

That's 60 or so days from point of order to production.

However, talking to other dealers around town while checking out other Z's, most say lead times have stretched into the new year for people ordering today.
Hey man hows it going?
Old 09-06-2002, 12:10 PM
vanstorm16

ballz: Hey man, just passin' time on here hoping the dealer's gonna give me a call soon and tell me that my car's been put to production early! (yeah right!)

Have they given you a delivery date yet for yours? I'd love to see the black. All I've seen is chrome silver so far and TOO MANY automatics for my liking. lol (no offence auto drivers!) Saw a white one actually driving on the road downtown yesterday and didn't really like it. Made the car look too 'bulky'

That black's gonna look sweet. What interior color are you getting?
Old 09-06-2002, 12:15 PM
ballz

Originally posted by vanstorm16
ballz: Hey man, just passin' time on here hoping the dealer's gonna give me a call soon and tell me that my car's been put to production early! (yeah right!)

Have they given you a delivery date yet for yours? I'd love to see the black. All I've seen is chrome silver so far and TOO MANY automatics for my liking. lol (no offence auto drivers!) Saw a white one actually driving on the road downtown yesterday and didn't really like it. Made the car look too 'bulky'

That black's gonna look sweet. What interior color are you getting?
Im sticking with the Charcoal interior, I was debating the orange leather interior, but the wife put a quick stop to that.
Old 09-06-2002, 12:16 PM
jmark

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dealer tells me my car will produced in Sept. with a late Oct. or early Nov. delivery.