Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Z meets drunk driver.

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 08:09 PM
mcsoap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

THAT FKN STUCKS BRO!!!! Best of luck to you......i would slip into the hospital and pull the plug on them!! ALL FOR MY CAR!!
Old 06-20-2011, 08:14 PM
MikeBit

Ryan Dunn of the Jack@$$ cast passed away today due to drunk driving. Decided to drive with a passenger, while drunk, in his Porsche, and was speeding. His passenger died as well.

I'm glad to you're okay man.

I'm reading some of the stories people are sharing here and I'm disgusted at how stupid people are. He claimed you hit him, but couldn't explain why he was in the opposite lane? Hahahahaha. I hope you get what you deserve out of this. The car looks mint - you should get top dollar for that Z from your insurance company (I don't know if they compensate you for aftermarket parts, probably won't do that). Definitely totaled.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:10 AM
hpuem

Originally Posted by kacz07
All of them are probably faking injuries to get pain meds and other drugs. Total scumbags.

Glad to see you're okay. Gl with getting everything resolved.
that's what I was thinking, especially them all being drunk that early in the morning (or that late, depending how you look at it)

Originally Posted by MikeBit
Ryan Dunn of the Jack@$$ cast passed away today due to drunk driving. Decided to drive with a passenger, while drunk, in his Porsche, and was speeding. His passenger died as well.

I'm glad to you're okay man.

I'm reading some of the stories people are sharing here and I'm disgusted at how stupid people are. He claimed you hit him, but couldn't explain why he was in the opposite lane? Hahahahaha. I hope you get what you deserve out of this. The car looks mint - you should get top dollar for that Z from your insurance company (I don't know if they compensate you for aftermarket parts, probably won't do that). Definitely totaled.
from what I've always understood, you don't get compensated with aftermarket parts unless you were paying to insure them. apparently people will come take aftermarket parts off their totaled cars from the body shop, but you gotta have something to replace them with... at least that's what I've heard has happened from people in body shops lol

while it definitely does suck to see a beautiful car so hurt, it's good knowing that everyone survived!
Old 06-21-2011, 09:10 AM
vics350z

You want to know what's the worst thing is that they seem like they just didn't care the drivers i mean, Why should they huh look at what they are driving. I'm glad you are ok bro and your Z well I'm sorry for you lost she was very pretty. Hang in their!
Old 07-07-2011, 10:52 AM
Z33Garage

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

had to be an bunch of poor F@#$@s in a POS to hit ur Z. if bank totals it, take out wheels and anything else and get another Z
Old 07-11-2011, 11:28 AM
TooForOh

Love the third pic where he is falling out the car.....guy must of been WASTED.

Sorry about your Z though, but at least your ok, I would sue the driver though.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:33 AM
Phil Klepka

Glad your okay. Hopefully only good things come out of this for you!
Old 07-11-2011, 05:03 PM
miles85916

Glad you are okay man. Did you get uninsured motorist?
Old 07-11-2011, 05:49 PM
lgear080

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what's the deal here? we need an update?
Old 07-12-2011, 11:48 AM
DLicious

Ouch. Those pics hurt to look at. Glad you're okay though. Where in N. Illinois are you from?
Old 07-12-2011, 02:45 PM
RENFRO

Received 112 Likes on 75 Posts

DUDE, can I get a freakin' for the Z keeping you alive. Bad *** car to take that kind of hit and keep an occupant protected.

Old 07-13-2011, 11:15 AM
resident25

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RENFRO
DUDE, can I get a freakin' for the Z keeping you alive. Bad *** car to take that kind of hit and keep an occupant protected.

Wow, that accident looks horrible. Glad your ok man.
Old 07-16-2011, 12:13 AM
CRXtoZ

Right now, I still have possession of my Z thanx to A&L auto body for letting me store her there for an extended period of time at no cost. I have hired a lawyer to represent me in this matter. The drunk driver provided proof of insurance at the scene of the accident. when I called progressive to file a claim, I learn that their policy was cancelled some time ago. My insurance are looking out for their own interest that's why I put a hold on my claim. I have a Acura Integra to get me around and also health insurance through work to take care of my medical expenses. I will let my lawyer do what he does best. Right now I just want to get my life back to normal as much as possible.

Originally Posted by lgear080
what's the deal here? we need an update?
Old 07-16-2011, 04:48 AM
morphiusrt

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats ridicolus, people are so dumb. Glad you are ok. You will be able to sue the pants off this person problem is judging by the car they were in they don't have much. Hopefully all goes well, please keep us updated.

I was involved in a similar accident.

Driving a minivan (yea so what), this d-head was taking a right and I was on the opposite side of the road going in the opposite direction as him and he literally pulled out and drove right into my. I wanted so badly to pull this guy out of the car and beat the living **** out of him. I am the oldest of 6 kids and I had all my brother and sisters in the car with me. (15, 12, 9, 3, 2 yo) the 3 and 2 yo were crying because they were so scared. This guy was so intoxicated he didn't even get out of the car when I went over to him, he just sat there with both hands on the steering wheel well his 5yo grandson was in the back seat crying. The cops came and told him to get out of the car and he fell on the ground and tried repeatedly to get up but just kept falling over. Let me tell you the cops don't go easy on drun drivers especially if there are kids in the car with them. I bet that guy had more bruises from the cops then he did from the accident. Only funny thing was my little brother comes up to me when the cops get there and says "brother, are we gonna get arrested? I don't want to get arrested and go to jail. People in jails are mean!!"
Old 07-16-2011, 07:45 AM
Itzcashew

Wait...from the picture it looks like its only 11 AM and they're drunk?!?! Gadddayuumm!!

Glad ur ok, but it looks like the Z is not going to make it... she gave her life to save yours.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:26 AM
CRXtoZ

It was actually at 2pm. From the police report, they lived 45 minutes away from Dekalb, so they could have killed anybody along the way.

Originally Posted by Itzcashew
Wait...from the picture it looks like its only 11 AM and they're drunk?!?! Gadddayuumm!!

Glad ur ok, but it looks like the Z is not going to make it... she gave her life to save yours.