2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

New Carrier

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2002, 05:53 AM
blueshift
Charter Member #83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Carrier

I know this has been posted before, I'm just confirming this.

Spoke with my dealer yesterday. They told me that there was a carrier accident, that there were 7 cars on the carrier, 3 of which were 350Zs. Nissan is very upset with them, and is indeed in the process of switching carriers. I'm not sure if this only applies to the mid atlantic region, but it is one of the things causing delays in deliveries in this region.

-Andrew
Old 09-07-2002, 07:10 AM
John

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought ZISME said that was a rumor and that it was false... hmmm....
Old 09-07-2002, 07:15 AM
blueshift
Charter Member #83

I'll have to scan ZCAR..you may very well be right...dealer information isn't always 100% accurate is it? hehe

Thanks,
Andrew
Old 09-07-2002, 07:24 AM
blueshift
Charter Member #83

I can't seem to find anywhere ZISME said that...can you point me to it?
Old 09-07-2002, 07:36 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Someone said that, but it wasn't ZISME.

I don't think that is why there is a new carrier though. I think it had to do with the delays and the lack of planning that forced the carriers to only be able to load two Z's at a time on the trucks due to their low ground clearance.
Old 09-07-2002, 08:38 AM
FstQban

It was actually me who said that, though others might have also. check out East coacters good/bad news I think was the name of the thread.
Old 09-07-2002, 08:56 AM
VaGentleman

I read on another site that delays at NNMT were also being caused because the cars cannot leave port w/o having all options listed on the sticker being installed. Seems like they are shipping out the "easy" cars before the fully loaded cars.

Just a rumor, but it makes sense since I had a 9/4 delivery date and ordered a Brickyard w/ all options.
Old 09-07-2002, 09:52 AM
TJZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by VaGentleman
I read on another site that delays at NNMT were also being caused because the cars cannot leave port w/o having all options listed on the sticker being installed. Seems like they are shipping out the "easy" cars before the fully loaded cars.

Just a rumor, but it makes sense since I had a 9/4 delivery date and ordered a Brickyard w/ all options.
cars do have to have their options installed at port, but that's normal and to be expected. Its easy and the people there are quick doing it.
Old 09-07-2002, 12:01 PM
devolution

All I know is... I had a delivery date of tuesday, my car showed up on nissan's web site on wednesday, and now its Saturday and I still don't have my car. AGGGGGH!
Old 09-07-2002, 12:34 PM
blueshift
Charter Member #83

i hear ya....my car appeared on Nissan's Dealer Inventory search last monday....my delivery date was Fridays...and I still don't have my car either...these last two weeks have been driving me crazy...hehe....
Old 09-07-2002, 01:57 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

At least you've seen your car in the inventory. Mine is still sitting in the port waiting to have it's splashguards and spoiler put on most likely.
Old 09-07-2002, 02:12 PM
VaGentleman

Originally posted by Dr Bonz
At least you've seen your car in the inventory. Mine is still sitting in the port waiting to have it's splashguards and spoiler put on most likely.
Ditto
Old 09-07-2002, 03:09 PM
TCL

Default Re: New Carrier

Originally posted by blueshift
I know this has been posted before, I'm just confirming this.

Spoke with my dealer yesterday. They told me that there was a carrier accident, that there were 7 cars on the carrier, 3 of which were 350Zs. Nissan is very upset with them, and is indeed in the process of switching carriers. I'm not sure if this only applies to the mid atlantic region, but it is one of the things causing delays in deliveries in this region.

-Andrew
Sounds like a logical explanation since it seems that the Mid Atlantic region was the last to be served. Let's hope that the cars start rolling out faster from this point forward.
Old 09-08-2002, 07:42 AM
FstQban

Please check out my thread called good/bad news for east coasters. this has an expanation of what happened with the carriers in it. they should be coming soon, but dont expect that direct expanation from Nissan, they wont admit the problem.
Old 09-08-2002, 11:00 AM
TCL

Originally posted by FstQban
Please check out my thread called good/bad news for east coasters. this has an expanation of what happened with the carriers in it. they should be coming soon, but dont expect that direct expanation from Nissan, they wont admit the problem.
Thanks, I missed that thread (it's getting hard to keep up with this board with the number of new tnreads being started every day). Anyway, that certainly does explain the delay.
Old 09-08-2002, 11:32 AM
padam07

Default About all options...

I don't think that all options have to be put on the car before leaving port because my car came into the dealer on Friday and the had a total of 5 Z's show up. One of them has the aero package and the guy who does the PDI said he put the front spoiler on. Anyway I am getting mine on Monday because of title issues.
Adam
Old 09-08-2002, 06:20 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

The front chin spoiler has to be put on at the dealer since they were apparently having trouble with clearing it when loading the car onto the carrier. The rear spoiler is put on at the port. I believe the splashguards and kickplates are also port installed.

AND WITH THAT POST LADIES AND GENTLEMAN, DR. BONZ HAS SURPASSED THE 1000 POST MARK MAKING HIM ONLY THE SECOND POSTER AT MY350.COM TO ACCOMPLISH THIS FEAT. HE REMAINS SECOND ONLY TO THE ONE AND ONLY VQRACER.

Wow, I kinda feel like Barry Bonds or something!
Attached Thumbnails New Carrier-thewavesmilie.gif