Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

contacting intensepower.com

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 01:04 PM
ilbkuup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am going through the exact same thing with intense right now. placed an order on the 5th of this month. no reply, just a confirmation that they have my money. they do not reply to emails or pick up calls. I let the phone ring for over 10 minutes a time. needless to say this is the worst service i have ever gotten from any online purchase.
Old 08-17-2011, 01:25 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Received 403 Likes on 230 Posts

guess it is what is is..
I cant argue w that then.

Hopefully the thread will get you all some apparently deserved attention from the vendor.
Old 08-17-2011, 01:27 PM
saywat?

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

^yes that is why people create these threads because they cant seem to get in touch with the vendors so this is a last resort and seems to be the only way to get reponses from these freaking shops
Old 08-17-2011, 01:39 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

i can also agree w that.
Keep in mind that everytime i pop up in one of my apparently nuthugging defense replies.. i send the main sales and order guy a text... imnot making myself the personal IMR liason, but I do try to help everyone mutually figure thier stuff out hopefully.
Old 08-17-2011, 02:21 PM
IntenseSales
Vendor - Former Vendor

Nismophoenix and ilbkuup have pm's though I don't have any pm from them at all. I m happy to help however I can, as bmcann has said our phone lines are slammed and upgrades on the street and building have had our phone service off and on frequently.

I have cleared out my pm box as well and am generally quick about checking the forums daily, can't be everywhere at once though as we are on a lot of forums and we do have retail customers (walk ins) and many projects going on currently.

Thank you for the patience and lmk how I can help via PM. It's much quicker than phone.
Old 08-17-2011, 02:40 PM
ilbkuup

i have been pm'd intense. i am hopeful for a status update.
Old 08-17-2011, 03:10 PM
tookrzy4u192

I've been trying to find out the status of my refund but I havent received a reply in a week or so.. I keep being told it'll be placed tomorrow and the story hadn't changed. I have yet to get a refund for the price discrepancy. I was charged for the camber arms when I was told it would be free with the purchase of stance coilovers. At this point I don't even want coilovers, I just want my money back.
Old 08-17-2011, 03:21 PM
angelo350z

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by saywat?
*note to self...do not order from z1.com or intensepower.com
+1 about Z1. I bought parts from Concept Z and Z1 on the same day. Nothing big--just seals, mouldings, spacers, etc. Mind you, I have an APO shipping address, but I received the parts from Concept Z in 6 days and from Z1 in almost a month .
Old 08-17-2011, 04:09 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by angelo350z
+1 about Z1. I bought parts from Concept Z and Z1 on the same day. Nothing big--just seals, mouldings, spacers, etc. Mind you, I have an APO shipping address, but I received the parts from Concept Z in 6 days and from Z1 in almost a month .
sounds like " in stock" versus "not in stock" ... plus Coz at CZP is a G anyways... wouldnt ya know it.. hes a family friend. haha

the mob grows... haha.

Old 08-17-2011, 04:22 PM
jerseystyle
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ever thought about hiring a secretary Intense?
Old 08-17-2011, 05:43 PM
gbert15

Awaiting for your reply! I just wish that you will stay true to your word!
Old 08-17-2011, 06:03 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

They're not Thieves... so I wouldn't worry about not getting your things.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:05 PM
saywat?

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tookrzy4u192
I've been trying to find out the status of my refund but I havent received a reply in a week or so.. I keep being told it'll be placed tomorrow and the story hadn't changed. I have yet to get a refund for the price discrepancy. I was charged for the camber arms when I was told it would be free with the purchase of stance coilovers. At this point I don't even want coilovers, I just want my money back.
yup i would jus cancel the entire order if theyre gonna play like that. no reason at all to take this long to press a view buttons on the screen to issue a refund

Originally Posted by jerseystyle
Ever thought about hiring a secretary Intense?
yup theyre priority as a business is to handle calls and emails before checking forums

Originally Posted by IntenseSales
Nismophoenix and ilbkuup have pm's though I don't have any pm from them at all. I m happy to help however I can, as bmcann has said our phone lines are slammed and upgrades on the street and building have had our phone service off and on frequently.

I have cleared out my pm box as well and am generally quick about checking the forums daily, can't be everywhere at once though as we are on a lot of forums and we do have retail customers (walk ins) and many projects going on currently.

Thank you for the patience and lmk how I can help via PM. It's much quicker than phone.
i dont wat kind of mickey mouse business u guys are running there but sounds like u guys dont have ur priorities straight
Old 08-17-2011, 11:41 PM
Czarrr

I had good communication with Intense.
Quick responses for a while, they answered all my noob and annoying questions.
I did order their Stance GR+ Coilover special, as advertised in their signature.

What I did not like was that when I bit the bullet and ordered the coilovers, they were out of stock and on back order for three months.
I somewhat blame them for not effing saying anything to me about it, but it also goes both ways, I should have asked that they're in stock.
But I was still like wtf
It just so happen the same week, a local deal came up for a good used set of GR+ coils.
They were in hand, local, no wait, no shipping, cheaper.
This is where I started to get pissed...
When I PM'ed them about canceling my order it took a solid week to PM me back and told me that they couldn't refund me and it would be a 25% restocking fee.
What I didn't understand was, why couldn't they just refund me, keep the coils for the next buyer.

Idgaf now. I waited the three months.
I got my coils and my Z looks fuhking BALLERRRRR.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:22 AM
tookrzy4u192

Originally Posted by Czarrr
I had good communication with Intense.
Quick responses for a while, they answered all my noob and annoying questions.
I did order their Stance GR+ Coilover special, as advertised in their signature.

What I did not like was that when I bit the bullet and ordered the coilovers, they were out of stock and on back order for three months.
I somewhat blame them for not effing saying anything to me about it, but it also goes both ways, I should have asked that they're in stock.
But I was still like wtf
It just so happen the same week, a local deal came up for a good used set of GR+ coils.
They were in hand, local, no wait, no shipping, cheaper.
This is where I started to get pissed...
When I PM'ed them about canceling my order it took a solid week to PM me back and told me that they couldn't refund me and it would be a 25% restocking fee.
What I didn't understand was, why couldn't they just refund me, keep the coils for the next buyer.

Idgaf now. I waited the three months.
I got my coils and my Z looks fuhking BALLERRRRR.
I'm somewhat in the same situation. I was interested in Stance coilovers and communication from them was great in the beginning. After the purchase it completely was the opposite. I contacted them after I noticed I was charged for the "free" camber arms and he advised that he'll take care of it and apologized for the mistake. It's been about 3 weeks since I contacted them about my partial refund and have yet to get my money back. I've been told that the accountant will refund it when he/she gets back last monday.. Still no refund..

*edit* I was told that shipping the coilovers have nothing to do with IntensePower.. they just forward the tracking number once Stance ships it out.. so I don't even know if it's back-ordered or not.

Last edited by tookrzy4u192; 08-18-2011 at 12:25 AM.
Old 08-18-2011, 04:09 AM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

sorry to kick the thread again, but im stuck at a conference and its super slow..aside frim that, theres really no point kicking a dead horse like this to death. So i appoligize for the redundancy.

i also start again by saying no one will be robbed by the place, but you are allowed to be upset if your cash is being tied up.. i agree w that of course.
My point is that if youre gna be in this "sport", you need to understand how it goes and what to expect or you will not be happy w your customer service. Feel free to buy things at the dealerships Nismo parts counter otherwise.

All i say is,
99.9999 percent of parts at any retailer aside from those they manufacture themselves are not stocked in the store.
How do you think ebay works.. no one stocks anything. Period.. maybe theres some basic stuff in the back, like air spencer squash, lanyards , a few hoods n bumpers etc... but do we really think theres rows of Tial BOVs for every car, columns of CP pistons, or wheels in every fitment and crazy offset for YOUR bolt circle and back pad just laying around? This does not exist, and often doesnt even exist at the manufactureres level.. often parts are custom made to order. Even by Stance. And sometimes a part they need gets backordered.. and so on and so on.ANd Pete has to somehow keep up on ALL of it.

Same reason why Evo R gets bashed on here all the time too. His stuff comes form Tiawan and is sometimes on back order.
Dont like it? Order RSW then.. pay twice the price and then still have the same wait.
Or just go down to the local Autozone and buy it.. wait, you cant.
Its not Summit Racing.

I can just always tell in these threads that some of the complaintants have never ordered JDM overseas parts before... try paying a super price premium for a part, and being on SEVERAL other peoples schedules.... and waiting a seriously long time.. in the end its quite a reward due to the patience paying off when most ppl just call and cancel.

Z1 IMR, Vivid, IPP, Dynosty, etc etc.. are not warehouses.

this means when you call a vendor such as the above and say "Hi.. wheres my part".. they have to call the place shipping your part out, then they have to call you back..sometimes they have contacts available by AIM which is handy, but alas, your one status call equals 3 calls in total... now imagine 50 percent of the calls made in are about sales and tech questions and the other 50 are for order status..thats a TON of phone calls guys.

How would a secretary handle that? A secretary that knows a guy at Stance she can IM... ? Aint gna happen. Its not a question of running a bad biz or getting priorities straight.

The reason i chime in on every one of these threads i see is that theres ALWAYS a story behind your gripes.. form BOTH sides.....and perhaps they are sometimes very valid, but often they are quite bogus. No one from IMR writes threads about terrible problem customers.
, and believe you me, they are a plenty.

The above statements may not apply to any specific posters situations here, just stating that if there was some simple quick solution, IMR and the likes would implment a fix, but theres not a quick fix.

And we will all shop them to death against evey other shops prices, its the way of the game, ultra small margins and large volumes of sales still affords only a basic staff of experts to handle your questions and sell you the right parts.

Own a business some day, you will quickly see. Its no walk in the park.

Been there , done that. In the meantime, PM the guy and if youre really blown out and theres proof of disservice, call your credit card company.. be adult and handle your finances and situation...no need to huff about it on a thread.
Old 08-18-2011, 04:57 AM
e30cabrio
350Z-holic

Received 2,586 Likes on 2,044 Posts

Unfortunately, in this hobby it happens everywhere that there are delays and unforeseen issues. That is nature of the beast. If you are afraid of heights jumping from planes would be a bad choice for a hobby. Same concept applies here.

I agree with bmccann101 that a person can't be in more than one place at a time but it seems that outfits like ConceptZ & THMotorsports do a better job than others at customer contact.

Those are my two cents.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:22 AM
VQpwr03z

Originally Posted by nismophoenix
anyone know how else to get a hold of intensepower.com i have been trying every day for 2 weeks and they never answer or email me back

As you can see you not alone there are a few people in your same situation including myself. I ordered the cosworth intake manifold on 7/7/11 and still not here yet, if your concern is contacting them pm them that is the best way, everytime i pm'd them i get an update, they always tell me the same thing the shipment will get to us in a couple of weeks, but at least they give me an update. Just be patience. Hopefully i will the intake manifold in a couple of weeks as they said. If you want a vendor to pick up your call on the first ring and give you a great customer service Forged Performance is you have to call.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:58 AM
MaelstrØm

Originally Posted by bmccann101
My point is that if youre gna be in this "sport", you need to understand how it goes and what to expect or you will not be happy w your customer service. Feel free to buy things at the dealerships Nismo parts counter otherwise.
This "sport" isn't immune from responsibility and legal liability, you have to play by the rules. Basically what you are saying is that nobody should be buying stuff from these vendors. (ie. stick to major channels)

All i say is,
99.9999 percent of parts at any retailer aside from those they manufacture themselves are not stocked in the store.
Not our problem. I can order parts from JWT and be highly sure they will be there on time.

How do you think ebay works.. no one stocks anything. Period..
Actually, Ebay requires that you sell an item you actually possess. You can't auction the future right to have something purchased for you. If vendors are lying about inventory, then they are lying. It doesn't make it right.

crazy offset for YOUR bolt circle and back pad just laying around? This does not exist, and often doesnt even exist at the manufactureres level.. often parts are custom made to order.
Then you indicate on the retail site that the part is special order and will be delayed. Otherwise, if you have Just-In-Time production, then good on you.

ANd Pete has to somehow keep up on ALL of it.
It's called an inventory management system, and they are available for most desktop PCs. Tell him to invest in one.

I can just always tell in these threads that some of the complaintants have never ordered JDM overseas parts before... try paying a super price premium for a part, and being on SEVERAL other peoples schedules.... and waiting a seriously long time..
That is fine- just TELL the customer that is the situation. Vendors who allow people to order blindly and then dink the customer around for 3 months are not doing anyone any favors.

this means when you call a vendor such as the above and say "Hi.. wheres my part".. they have to call the place shipping your part out, then they have to call you back..sometimes they have contacts available by AIM which is handy, but alas, your one status call equals 3 calls in total... now imagine 50 percent of the calls made in are about sales and tech questions and the other 50 are for order status..thats a TON of phone calls guys.
Then they need to figure out a system where one isn't violating the FTC MRO. The customer has every legal right to contact the vendor if the item is not received in 30 days, and where they did not agree upon an extended shipping date. It isn't the customer's problem.

Own a business some day, you will quickly see. Its no walk in the park.
Clear customer communication and honesty go a long way in this business.

if youre really blown out and theres proof of disservice, call your credit card company.. be adult and handle your finances and situation
Finally we agree.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:20 AM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

no, we agree on all of it, im aware it sucks and these guys arent happy and thats no bueno.

but again, its the way it goes.. and it goes aaall the way back to the previous couple of comments, its VERY common in the industry, and its something ppl will have to learn to live with. Its nothing new.

Otherwise if supermarket service is what you desire and know specific laws on haha.. then yes, Id say stick w JWT or whomever is awesome at answering the phone etc.
Thats personal choice.. ill take the garage shops anyday.. i like the backwoodsiness.

Last edited by bmccann101; 08-18-2011 at 08:21 AM.

Quick Reply: contacting intensepower.com