2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

contacting intensepower.com

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 08:28 AM
bmccann101
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 414 Likes on 237 Posts

100% valid question.. and i dont have an answer for them on that one.. in conversation it was brought up, but I dont recall the issue.
Had something to do w thier broker used etc..
in the meantime im going to attempt paypal instead.

Were gna double triple check before we move fwd, but i hope having that proxy there will allow me to charge back and start paying in pieces from here on out via paypal.. .as said biz owner.. have any iniput on that idea? All i want is my funds OUT of the CC Vendor and finally to an IMR bank acct.

Otherwise im stuck having to wait til Dec when the merchant vendor releases the reserve funds back.
Fun stuff.. not so much. But its a means to an end.
IMR will undoubtedly lose customers over it for sure.. but Im sure they will make do and rebuild. They are not closing down, ive researched heavily into that. They just had to make a choice and it was pretty crappy.. i cant imagine how they even pulled up from this one.. if they did this in the broker world or in mortgage, shops would go under in 3 weeks of no income. Hans gone pretty far to pull up and keep it in the air so far.

anyways, ill add my 2 cents back in as it progresses.

And one thing to know.. many of ouor site vendors have dealt w this lately, they just didnt fess up to it. No need to name names, just sayin it apparently happens.. Im ALSO not defending anyone.. just adding information. Thats all.. believe me, this burned me bad, but we're fixing it.

Last edited by bmccann101; 10-11-2011 at 12:37 PM.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:18 AM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

^^^^^^^^^^^Reading that gives me a headache - I have no idea who is saying what. I also find it curious that you are defending two different vendors with whom you apparently have no connection; regardless, Intense's version of events still does not make any sense to me whatsoever.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:37 AM
bmccann101
350Z-holic
Premier Member

im assuming you posted previous to seeing my last post.. not defending anyone.. not anymore.
But what i try to do is state facts instead of some ppl who just chime in one after the other saying " Aw you got jacked, f those guys.. cll ur card company etc". That ALWAYS bugged me. No matter who it was.

The Z1 post today needed the interjection of fact too. Never did biz w them before, but again, some threads get redundant, and i come here alot. SO i take a vested interest in answering tech question threads AND by posting in the vendor issues threads. Its not a bad experiences bandwagon thread, its a "hey wtf is going on over there and what do i do about it" thread.. .and i knew of thier issues for abouth a month or two now, but it was up to them to make a statement. And now they have, so i feel a bit freer to add my experience.

In terms of IMIR.. well, dunno man. Its pretty bittersweet at the moment. Ill be happy when i have a car back. Until then, im finally happy today to have an option and a direction, otherwise i was flipping tables mad.. indeed.

What made me feel better were the facts. Now i know where to turn, etc.

Its not helpful info for anyone dealing with it.
Thats all.

Last edited by bmccann101; 10-11-2011 at 09:39 AM.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:27 AM
saywat?

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

^i dont understand who u are and ur affiliation to intense. sounds more like ur a customer and not one of their workers yet u talk and sound like ur an employee. but at the same time ur jus a customer. which is it? if ur a customer u really shouldnt be making comments in regards to wats actually going on in their business.

anyways intense finally responded and it makes no sense to the prior respones they made.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:29 AM
jduet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Still doesn't explain the customer service issues/ lack of communication.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:33 AM
saywat?

^first they said they never recieved calls or pms. then they say people arent letting the phone ring long enough, then they said their office is going through upgrades and it affected their lan line. now their trying to play the victim with this cc sob story. all a bunch of BS imo.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:53 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by INTENSEPOWER
I will forward our documentation from the CC Merchant to the moderator so they can verify the situation. We have all intentions to make right on the situation and I hope you will give us the chance to do so. IntensePower has been a loyal vendor for over 8 years and take great pride in our accomplishment and support of this forum.

Sincerely,
Han and Staff
Originally Posted by saywat?
^first they said they never recieved calls or pms. then they say people arent letting the phone ring long enough, then they said their office is going through upgrades and it affected their lan line. now their trying to play the victim with this cc sob story. all a bunch of BS imo.
^^ Perhaps you missed that part of Intense's post above that I highlighted for you. Han PM'ed dave079 with the info. I know because Han asked me personally which mod he should PM and I recommended that he PM Dave.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:58 AM
saywat?

^im talking about their customers trying to get in touch with them via calls and pms.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:58 AM
bmccann101
350Z-holic
Premier Member

in response to the " I dont know who you are comment...

good god man.. r u srs?

Dude i work for a bank.

if im a customer i shouldnt be making comments in regards to whats actually going on in thier business
.. your words verbatim.

Awesome. I love it when ppl tell me what to do.
Hows this.

Maybe it will clear things up for you..... and at the very same time, you'll know why i have my hand so elbow deep in this pot..... over n over .....and it will alleviate your apparent frustrations..and why these comments p#ss me off as they do.

One of you may be missing coilovers.. and maybe someones JDM Squahs air freshner never came in, and maybe a few of you ordered a replica body kit or something. And that sucks, i feel for ya, really i do. Its not cool, im not saying you posters dont matter.

Well, IMR is 5 miles from my office, Ive been going there for four years, and i had the ability to stand there at 6"4" tall and a lean 250 and cast a shadow over someones desk and ask WHERES MY MONEY and get an answer. The WHOLE answer.

MY charge thats in limbo is for an ENTIRE BUILT BLOCK, POWERLAB TURBO, LABOR, TUNE, FUEL SYSTEM etc. PREPAID IN FULL. You wana take just a guess at how much of MY money the vendor tied up? Just take a STAB at how much money OF MINE is awaiting release Dec 27th 2011. Could it be five grand? TEN? FIFTEN? Or maybe its more than that. Kinda see where Im comming from here?

Far , FAR more than anyone elses... so please believe i researched the living sh#t out of whos got MY MONEY, where they are, and how i get it back etc.

And then.... i felt Id share. Might not be true for everyones situation, but its more info than most ppl have... and i got mine sitting at Hans desk... calling the credit card vendors in Illinois, calling my bank etc.

I see ppl quarelling over small potatoes all the time on here.. and then my build took a dive it got my attention..... it started getting worse n worse.. something was obviously up..... so i got off my duff and dug in..... and relentlessly called and texted everyone and was THE biggest squeaky wheel the world could know.. and i got the info that was just released to yal yesterday quite a while ago. All i am doing is letting you guys know i have validated quite a bit of this.. albeit was unbelievable to me for quite some time.

Its absolutley no different than chiming in on a "what exhaust should i run" thread.. im adding what I think, and adding MY data. Dont tell me what i should n shouldnt say.. im an adult male, i'd assume you are too.. and adult males dont say those things to each other.

Moving right along now..
Thier stance is simple.. if you are part of the charges held, request a chargeback from your bank, they will not dispute, and you will get your funds back.
I am getting mine back soon as well.. and ill figure out another way to get this paid.

what i dont understand is how everyone doesnt know what to do.. srs? Handle your money. If you have no product, call your bank. You will get no dispute or resistance from IMR if its valid. Done.. move along..

these threads are either just SNIVVELING...( which they are sometimes) or they are an honest outreach from ppl NOT five miles from IMR that just what to know whats going on.

SO i do yal a damn FAVOR by sending them PMs to alert them to threads, mentioning your posts when im there.. and letting ppl know there is still a business at 922 COlorado St in Gilbert called IMR. No, I do not work there. And i also agree none of this would be necessary if they had been more forthright w everyone.. hell, i cant even get ahold of them 99% of the time.

I do the same for Jay at Evor R..
In this case, i checked on it for ME..
I do it for them, and i do it for YOU all.

So now you know why.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:00 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

^i dont understand who u are and ur affiliation to intense. sounds more like ur a customer and not one of their workers yet u talk and sound like ur an employee. but at the same time ur jus a customer. which is it? if ur a customer u really shouldnt be making comments in regards to wats actually going on in their business.

anyways intense finally responded and it makes no sense to the prior respones they made.
And who are you??? Your posts wreak of a troll affiliated with another shop.

Us local AZ customers are in a better position to actually know what's going on there than you or anyone else who trolls this thread from afar in the interwebz with their 2 cents.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:08 AM
srsairbags

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they should have stopped taking orders and charging CCs when they were having the issue . . . . they should have at least sent out a mass email with the given info to all that placed the order
Old 10-11-2011, 11:08 AM
saywat?

in regards the reason i asked who he was is becuase his comments sounded like he was a close affiliate to intense almost employee or business partner like for him to kno all those things that only a close associate to intense would kno. but at the same time i got the impression that hes a customer who spent a good chunk of change and is jus rehashing watever BS intense told him which coulda been BS too.

i wasnt saying "who are u?" like in a mean way like "who the *** are to be coming on here making these comments". i jus wanted clarity as to where hes gettin his info from cus it something only intense and their employees would kno. maybe my wording was off.

Last edited by saywat?; 10-11-2011 at 11:10 AM.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:24 AM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by srsairbags
they should have stopped taking orders and charging CCs when they were having the issue . . . . they should have at least sent out a mass email with the given info to all that placed the order
That and update every forum which use them.. Zilvia guys are getting killed and I can just imagine how many other car forum users are being tied up... Good Luck guys and don't let a vendor or company ruin your automotive spirits..
Old 10-11-2011, 11:31 AM
PerfZ

Sorry bmccann, but your story makes less sense than Intense's does. As in why didn't YOU pursue a chargeback before now? You only have so long to file for a chargeback - it is not a lifetime guarantee or anything. And with you working for a bank, you would know that that Intense would not be waiting six months to get funds through their Merchant Services account - it simply does not work that way, period. As well, what does this magic date of Dec 27, 2011 come into play? I've been taking credit cards for 20 plus years now and have never heard of anything remotely close to this. And 99% of the charges I process, which is in the thousands of dollars per day, come via e-mail orders - I do not even swipe the card.
Regardless, I have no skin in this game - but I will be watching to see who is the first person to successfully get a chargeback through. Not holding my breath though.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:33 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

in regards the reason i asked who he was is becuase his comments sounded like he was a close affiliate to intense almost employee or business partner like for him to kno all those things that only a close associate to intense would kno. but at the same time i got the impression that hes a customer who spent a good chunk of change and is jus rehashing watever BS intense told him which coulda been BS too.

i wasnt saying "who are u?" like in a mean way like "who the *** are to be coming on here making these comments". i jus wanted clarity as to where hes gettin his info from cus it something only intense and their employees would kno. maybe my wording was off.
I see... To answer your question... some of us local customers (myself, IIQuickSilverII, and bmccann101 included) have also become close friends with Han (the owner) and the staff at Intense. We have become part of the inner circle or member of the family sorta speak and are privy to information that is not always publicly shared. For example, I have been in Han's office numerous times while he was on the phone and have been privy to conversations regarding his business that a normal customer or outsider wouldn't be entrusted with. I also overheard countless customer calls over the years while sitting in the sales office area with Darren and Pete.

I had a conversation with Han last night at around 11PM regarding this whole mess. I gave him my advice as both a customer and a friend.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:00 PM
saywat?

maybe i missed it but why did the cc "withhold their funds"? they musta done something pretty serious for that to happen as i would guess that would be a type of last resort move by a cc company. all he said was "under false pretense" watever that means
Old 10-11-2011, 12:19 PM
PerfZ

And if they knew this was going on, why did they continue to accept cc orders to begin with? I think I know the answer, but I'm not here to bash anyone, just pointing out the loopholes in multiple stories. Regardless of the reasons, this is one of the most egregious lack of customer service I have heard of, even in the performance parts business.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:24 PM
saywat?

^SAY IT! lol
Old 10-11-2011, 12:30 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic
Premier Member

thanks for clearing that up.. maybe i read it wrong. my bad.

just a customer.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:38 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by jduet
Still doesn't explain the customer service issues/ lack of communication.
Originally Posted by srsairbags
I asked/confronted Han about the lack of communication with customers and why they were not notified sooner. I was concerned about this and wanted to know why. Han stated that he had the staff hold off on notification because he was trying to secure separate financing, which would have made it unnecessary to advise customers of the problems with the CC merchant company (since he would have had the additional funds to process orders and refunds despite the problems with the merchant company). No business (especially a business owner like Han) likes to publicly air their internal problems and dirty laundry if the necessity to do so can be averted. Unfortunately, the financing option didn't work out or materialize and the situation has snowballed to what it is today.

In my discussion with him, Han took sole responsibility for the lack of communication with affected customers and apologized for it. He is now paying the consequences for his decision in terms of lost business and damage to Intense's reputation. I don't always agree with Han regarding his decisions with his business, but I sincerely believe Han is an honorable man with good intentions.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 10-11-2011 at 12:40 PM.

Quick Reply: contacting intensepower.com