Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

2nd time coming home empty handed =(

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2003, 02:37 PM
evo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by dchengmd
Don't let the 6MT diehards get to you. A lot of them can be serious jerkasses when the 6MT vs. 5AT debate comes up. The bottom line is, a Z with whatever transmission you choose is a great SPORTS car. You aren't losing anything with the 5AT.

I was in the same camp as you, and originally wanted the 6MT, but I have zero regrets getting the AT. Especially living here in SoCal, I can relate.
yea i understand the whole AT/MT debate of a true sports car. Used to be one of the hardcore MT people myself... anyways. thanks for the support
Old 12-18-2003, 02:45 PM
DruDragzOn

I drive 45mins to an hour to work daily and I face traffic everytime here in NJ. It doesn't bother me one bit having MT. I just find it more fun driving a stick than an automatic, esp. a car like this. But to each his own.

But yeah, not trying to get sidetracked with the whole MT/AT issue here. I wish you luck in getting your car and have fun with it!
Old 12-18-2003, 05:32 PM
CluelessZ

Holy crap.....I didn't realize you were looking for a auto tranny....That changes EVERYTHING. trust me.

Here in Dallas, I just picked up my 6MT and had to work to get the price where I wanted it..

Every dealer asked "why don't you just get a 5AT, we will knock off 2500 dollars". the 5 speeds are sitting on lots collecting DUST.

Trophy Nissan in dallas has about 12 Auto's on the lot, As does Bankston, North texas nissan, and even courtesy nissan has about 7 AT's on the LOT.

There is no reason why you couldn't get at least 2K off MSRP considering its an auto....

But, Change your position...Tell them you want a 6 speed, and when they don't have it, they will ask what deal you need to go with an auto
Old 12-18-2003, 07:22 PM
jj1814

try going in @ the end of the month - or use a broker.
Old 12-19-2003, 09:15 AM
MA4

if 900$ is going to break the deal...buying a 30k car is not for you.
Old 12-19-2003, 09:35 AM
zurn

Originally posted by CluelessZ
Holy crap.....I didn't realize you were looking for a auto tranny....That changes EVERYTHING. trust me.

But, Change your position...Tell them you want a 6 speed, and when they don't have it, they will ask what deal you need to go with an auto
What this guy said... and more.

You're in a good position financially and you know what you want. You'll get it. Keep trying.
Old 12-19-2003, 10:08 AM
Mr Twisted

Did you try seeing Jeff at Preformanace Nissan in Duarte. I got my last car at a killer price. Go directly to him,.. If a lot saleman gets to talk to you , Jeff can't help you. Commissions you know. Good luck.
Old 12-19-2003, 11:58 AM
orhanz33

i got my enthusiast 6spd. w/ all options (no navi on enthusiast) for 30 out the door (after tax, etc.)...i didn't want most of the options but i don't think i could've waited for them to find me the right car....it was harder to get the car at that price then i thought it would be...they were real stubborn (i went to 2 dealers), then finally one broke...

p.s. i learned how to drive stick on this car, i'm SOOOO glad i didn't get an auto, you'll have no idea what your missing out on...
Old 12-19-2003, 05:32 PM
Anyone2u
Charter Member #82

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Aren't there a couple of Nissan salesman on this board? I would contact them and ask their opinion. Also since you appear to be "young" (still in school) the salesman may not be taking you completely serious. I like the idea of contacting the Internet Sales Guy and negotiating that way as it's purely just a quick business decission: yes or no. I would attempt to throw in the fact that you "really want a 6 MT but guess you could go with an AT if the price is right" if you speak with them.

There was a great article written by some guy on Edmunds.com that went undercover as a salesman who complains that he was losing sales to the Internet Sales Guy because their price was better, even though it was the same dealership. Hold on...(shuffling web pages looking for article)...here you go: Confessions of a Car Salesman. It's a long report, but a really great read. BTW, the part about the the internet price was I believe in Part 4. Good luck.
Old 12-19-2003, 10:34 PM
themyst

Originally posted by Anyone2u
Aren't there a couple of Nissan salesman on this board? I would contact them and ask their opinion. Also since you appear to be "young" (still in school) the salesman may not be taking you completely serious. I like the idea of contacting the Internet Sales Guy and negotiating that way as it's purely just a quick business decission: yes or no. I would attempt to throw in the fact that you "really want a 6 MT but guess you could go with an AT if the price is right" if you speak with them.

There was a great article written by some guy on Edmunds.com that went undercover as a salesman who complains that he was losing sales to the Internet Sales Guy because their price was better, even though it was the same dealership. Hold on...(shuffling web pages looking for article)...here you go: Confessions of a Car Salesman. It's a long report, but a really great read. BTW, the part about the the internet price was I believe in Part 4. Good luck.

absolutely. i was contacted by the internet manager at my specific infiniti dealer, totally destroyed the in-house salesman by 1200 bucks on the price of the car... destroyed everyone else as well. 1200 bucks under MSRP for an 04 g35 coupe 6mt. couldn't go wrong
Old 12-20-2003, 12:03 AM
evo

an internet manager called me today and told me they have got a white enthu lined up for me. he was being extra nice to me and is willing to settle the price over the phone before i even head over. (none of that, come see the car and we can talk about price later crap) he said he would call me when he get his invoice in tomorow, i'll let u guys how how it turn out...

wish me luck

btw, thanx for all these input so far. they were very helpful
Old 12-20-2003, 02:48 AM
iChiBahN
Banned

all the members give some real good information!

good luck with that hardcore azn
Old 01-03-2004, 10:26 PM
evo

hey guys. just giving u guys a heads up that i end up not buying a 350z after all. I really want the car but... shrugs. i ended up with a cadillac cts, its a nice car, no where close to the 350z though. anyways... have fun all and drive safe. thanks for all the input earlier. i'll come bak once in a while.

tk. and thanks again.