2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Help design my new graphic's give-away

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2003, 06:30 PM
nooooorb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Z-INCOGNITO
This one looks nice... good job indysmooth
I like this one... Simple. Direct. Not at all too flashy. It matches the LS quite nicely.
Old 12-29-2003, 04:42 PM
imntcrzy

2 more variations..... mirror is supposed to be black
Attached Thumbnails Help design my new graphic's give-away-1.jpg  

Last edited by imntcrzy; 12-29-2003 at 05:11 PM.
Old 12-29-2003, 04:43 PM
imntcrzy

#2 ...... i know its real rough
Attached Thumbnails Help design my new graphic's give-away-2.jpg  
Old 12-29-2003, 05:09 PM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NICE!!
Old 12-29-2003, 08:26 PM
12yearZ

Originally posted by imntcrzy
Add some more color into that one, and it'll be even better!
Old 12-29-2003, 08:31 PM
daking350
Banned

I see that is Lemans and Black....When I posted pics of my car, which by the way you basically copied , everyone SCREAMED RICE!!!WTF is everone just SUCKING JEFF'S ShIZZLE...
Old 12-29-2003, 08:33 PM
daking350
Banned

anyone see the resemblance???
Attached Thumbnails Help design my new graphic's give-away-nashua1.jpg  
Old 12-29-2003, 09:24 PM
djkern
Banned

Originally posted by daking350
I see that is Lemans and Black....When I posted pics of my car, which by the way you basically copied , everyone SCREAMED RICE!!!WTF is everone just SUCKING JEFF'S ShIZZLE...
his is vinyl. you have parts put on the car. honestly, i don't like the parts you put on the car. i don't like the hood or the rims. vinyl wouldn't change the car other than color. you canged more than just the color (i like the other parts though).
Old 12-29-2003, 09:52 PM
neur0sis

Yeah, every time I see a car with a diff color body kit ... doesn't matter if its carbon fiber, or vinyl or paint... it looks, well ... unfinished.

Carbon fiber is cool... but mainly used as a weight saver. I don't know how much weight you'd be saving from a CF sideskirt vs. an OEM sideskirt... *shrugs*

We have a name for the kids that drive around our area that have unfinished/unpainted kits - "Rainbow Warrior" ...

Not my style, but this is not a flame... its just my opinion. To Each their own, because I know its HARD work making the cars look like that.
Old 12-29-2003, 10:09 PM
neur0sis

I like this font as well, but the one thing that strikes me is... the "R" and the "A" look VERY similar. Might be a little hard to read.

I also like the tach (if thats what you were shooting for) design ... I tried to get something out in Photoshop/Illustrator ... but couldn't get the idea to come out correctly. I am not as skilled of a designer as some of you guys are The tach I was desigining had a black border, that faded into RED (where redline was) ... and the needle was red, aaalllmost touching redline... just how a true sports car SHOULD shift!

Kudos to all the other entries... I know mine weren't some of the best... but maybe Jeff will give me a "most entries" boobie prize
Old 12-29-2003, 10:12 PM
daking350
Banned

Originally posted by djkern
his is vinyl. you have parts put on the car. honestly, i don't like the parts you put on the car. i don't like the hood or the rims. vinyl wouldn't change the car other than color. you canged more than just the color (i like the other parts though).
Doing that in Vinyl would not be feasable..Its to curved and just would not work unless it was painted..
And let me clarify something..My kit is not CF I painted it a deep metalic Grey to match the grey in the CF hood...No one who sees pics of my car likes it but in person they Quickly change their opinions.. I just doesnt photograph well..
oh and why is it that you dont like my kit but slap some CHEESY vinly on a car with a big friggin Tachometer on the hood and you guys drool all over it...I personaly think that is cheesy and RICE as can be...I geuss there is a big difference in taste on this board...

Last edited by daking350; 12-29-2003 at 10:15 PM.
Old 12-29-2003, 10:34 PM
IndySmooth

True but if we all had the same opinion, we'd all drive the same car with the same mods and make for some pretty boring conversations.

But we'd always have the Twins to poke fun at...
Old 12-30-2003, 12:29 AM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Well, this whole project has been fun for us and a huge "THANK YOU" to ALL of you who have taken your time to help me. We have a couple days left before we have to sit down and make a choice or choice's. This won't be easy. Everyone's opinion from customers to managers at the store are involved... as well as your comments here. For New Years day I'll be at the shop with a heat gun removing the old stuff and Monday the 5th we will make our final choice. Glad this isn't going to have to be my sole decision!!!
Old 12-30-2003, 04:56 AM
djkern
Banned

Doing that in Vinyl would not be feasable..Its to curved and just would not work unless it was painted..
And let me clarify something..My kit is not CF I painted it a deep metalic Grey to match the grey in the CF hood...No one who sees pics of my car likes it but in person they Quickly change their opinions.. I just doesnt photograph well..
oh and why is it that you dont like my kit but slap some CHEESY vinly on a car with a big friggin Tachometer on the hood and you guys drool all over it...I personaly think that is cheesy and RICE as can be...I geuss there is a big difference in taste on this board...
uh, he's doing it for advertising purposes.

paint / vinyl....whatever he's doing...that's irreleviant.

why do you always have an attitude. why is it that if someone doesn't drool over your car, or agree with everything you agree with...well, you have to get defensive? even when you posted the pics of those nasty girls on your car and everyone poked fun at the ugly girls...well, you got mad at everyone (even though you stated that they were pretty fugly!).

and how come everyone has to see your car in person to think it looks awesome? that's your excuse every time.

as i stated before, he's doing this for advertising purposes. remember, he's doing it for ****'s and giggles.

you would do the same thing if your paycheck went up!

there is a huge difference between making your car look unfinished or making it look like it has carbon fiber pieces on the car and having advertisements on your car.
Old 12-30-2003, 07:38 AM
daking350
Banned

Originally posted by djkern
uh, he's doing it for advertising purposes.

paint / vinyl....whatever he's doing...that's irreleviant.

why do you always have an attitude. why is it that if someone doesn't drool over your car, or agree with everything you agree with...well, you have to get defensive? even when you posted the pics of those nasty girls on your car and everyone poked fun at the ugly girls...well, you got mad at everyone (even though you stated that they were pretty fugly!).

and how come everyone has to see your car in person to think it looks awesome? that's your excuse every time.

as i stated before, he's doing this for advertising purposes. remember, he's doing it for ****'s and giggles.

you would do the same thing if your paycheck went up!

there is a huge difference between making your car look unfinished or making it look like it has carbon fiber pieces on the car and having advertisements on your car.
I wasnt getting an attitude I doesnt bother me what people think of my car, I have taken my fair share of abuse over it..I was simply stating how some people differ in their opinion on what is cool and what is not...I like the way my car looks and I like the way others cars look..Just ask HAVABOOZ(sean) I always drool all over his car and he loves mine...I love his wheels on his car and he wanted to sell them but I talked him out of it...As far as the ugly girls...well lets not even go there
As far as advertisements on my car, I have them there for sponsorship reasons and you will see many more this year and if you think its rice, oh well....I am into a different scene I guess...
I think that is enough discussion on Jeff's thread and I am going to show him the RESPECT he deserves, so any further debate can be done via PM..

I know we can agree on one thing at least....Jeff's current design is HORRIBLE!!!!I guess he was out partying the night before that one
Old 12-30-2003, 07:43 AM
djkern
Banned

I wasnt getting an attitude I doesnt bother me what people think of my car, I have taken my fair share of abuse over it..I was simply stating how some people differ in their opinion on what is cool and what is not...I like the way my car looks and I like the way others cars look..Just ask HAVABOOZ(sean) I always drool all over his car and he loves mine...I love his wheels on his car and he wanted to sell them but I talked him out of it...As far as the ugly girls...well lets not even go there
As far as advertisements on my car, I have them there for sponsorship reasons and you will see many more this year and if you think its rice, oh well....I am into a different scene I guess...
I think that is enough discussion on Jeff's thread and I am going to show him the RESPECT he deserves, so any further debate can be done via PM..

I know we can agree on one thing at least....Jeff's current design is HORRIBLE!!!!I guess he was out partying the night before that one
ok, it just sounded like you were getting hostile about it. sorry man...my bad!

i know you have sponsors on your car. but, they are small stickers. he is going for the billboard type advertising.

i like your car...i didn't say i didn't. i might, in fact, paint my nismo kit to look like john350z's (but, his is CF...mine isn't). silverstone car with the bottom of the bumper, bottom of the side skirts, and the rear valance thingies black. i like the way his looks...so, i'm thinking of doing it. what else are you putting in your car?

oops....do it over pm....i forgot! haha.

(by the way....i wasnt saying your car looked unfinished....i was just saying people do that).
Old 12-30-2003, 09:40 AM
imntcrzy

thanks for those who liked my design ( I think someone like my design.....) the tach is supposed to be both a tach and also the letter "P" the font is a bit hard to read, maybe its the fact that it was a quick and dirty photoshop job (done at work) The font is something that I created to give the feel of speed.

The design is anywhere from done, but to address "daking350" I didn't copy your design.... infact I haven't even seen your car. Your 350 does look nice but can't anyone slap on carbon fiber sideskirts and front and rear lip and get the same effect. Maybe your just copying everyone else. But seriously I do think you have a nice Z. I don't like your wheels but that's just my opinion. Ok I know you can call b.s. and say I stole your design....... but that's all he said she said.... and since you were the one b!tching I'll let you be the she.

Oh and just incase the logo looks familiar to some of you guys. I did recycle that graphic. I designed that for another design contest on this site and you know how that mess went....
Old 12-30-2003, 09:47 AM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

I designed that for another design contest on this site and you know how that mess went....
Don't worry, I won't let that happen here!!!
Old 12-30-2003, 10:02 AM
daking350
Banned

thanks for those who liked my design ( I think someone like my design.....) the tach is supposed to be both a tach and also the letter "P" the font is a bit hard to read, maybe its the fact that it was a quick and dirty photoshop job (done at work) The font is something that I created to give the feel of speed.

The design is anywhere from done, but to address "daking350" I didn't copy your design.... infact I haven't even seen your car. Your 350 does look nice but can't anyone slap on carbon fiber sideskirts and front and rear lip and get the same effect. Maybe your just copying everyone else. But seriously I do think you have a nice Z. I don't like your wheels but that's just my opinion. Ok I know you can call b.s. and say I stole your design....... but that's all he said she said.... and since you were the one b!tching I'll let you be the she.

Oh and just incase the logo looks familiar to some of you guys. I did recycle that graphic. I designed that for another design contest on this site and you know how that mess went....
Blow me!!!
Old 12-30-2003, 10:09 AM
imntcrzy

come to think of it your wheels remind me of some old school dayton's..... are those ssr's I prefer the ssr gpzeros.
Attached Thumbnails Help design my new graphic's give-away-dayko.gif  

Quick Reply: Help design my new graphic's give-away