Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Pics from Dallas Z meet today!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2002, 06:11 PM
aggie300zx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics from Dallas Z meet today!!!

The rain was a bummer, but it was great meeting everyone and getting in some pics with out new Z's! Those that made it out included myself, Jason (InternetABYSS), Ricky (Dakine79), JD (JDZ), and Mike (BigZ) & his wife (sorry about not remember her name).

After having a late lunch, mother nature helped out so we took the three Z's in attendance (mine, InternetABYSS, Dakine79) for some joy riding. Check out a few of the pictures below. Jason has several more as well, plus a small video of our cars at full throttle (I'm sure he will post it soon).

Can't wait to meet up with the rest of the Dallas folks soon!

Oh and anyone who is debating getting the windows tinted, DO IT. It looks awesome and the rear tower brace with the Z logo still appears just fine.
Attached Thumbnails Pics from Dallas Z meet today!!!-img_0207-2-.jpg  
Old 09-08-2002, 06:12 PM
aggie300zx

In front of the American Airlines Center (home of the Dallas Mavericks and Dallas Stars)
Attached Thumbnails Pics from Dallas Z meet today!!!-img_0220-2-.jpg  
Old 09-08-2002, 06:14 PM
aggie300zx

Dakine79's Z....the white looks tight!!!
Attached Thumbnails Pics from Dallas Z meet today!!!-img_0217-2-.jpg  
Old 09-08-2002, 06:26 PM
infinite z

Nice pics guys. Sorry I didn't make it out today, something came up, plus the rain was a bummer. We definitely need to have another meet and get more of us there. I actually ran into Jason on lower greenville friday night, it was pretty funny. We had our Zs at the 7-11 parking lot, and tons of people were coming to check em out. It was fun. Keep in touch guys, I'll be at the next meet for sure. Later.
Old 09-08-2002, 06:42 PM
Apexi350z
Charter Member #50

Very nice! Wish I could be there...maybe next time we can meet in the middle How about Austin area??
Old 09-08-2002, 06:57 PM
DaKine-Z-

It was GREAT meeting all of you that showed up for our Dallas Z mini-meet!!! I enjoyed it and am looking forward to whenever you guys want to do it again........Many thanks to Scott and Jason for getting some pictures of my car (even though the weather was real shi--y) here is my email for any future events DaKine79@aol.com. Ricky
Old 09-08-2002, 07:06 PM
jran76

Originally posted by Apexi350z
Very nice! Wish I could be there...maybe next time we can meet in the middle How about Austin area??

Old 09-08-2002, 07:39 PM
articfury
Charter Member #55

Apexi-

I think you've got a great idea there. We need to have a meeting here in Austin, where all the DFW metro guys come down and y'all from Houston can come up. We could make a weekend of it. There is quite a strong contingency on this forum of people from all over Texas that could meet up here in Central Texas. We could even let the S2K guys tag along...lol j/k ChrisS et al.

JD
Old 09-08-2002, 07:49 PM
Touring6MT_Z
Charter Member #49

Originally posted by Apexi350z
Apex,

You are welcome to join the 350Zer in Austin any time. 4 of us here had dinner with the local S2K folks (Chris S, jwfisher) last Tuesday. They also were eager to see the new Z.

jran,

I met with the Capital Z club folks today in Round Rock to show the club VP my car. Chris (Bishop_TX) and Derek (articfury) also came out to meet me in a short notice. They both live in Round Rock. Sorry can't get a hold of him in time, otherwise, we'd have an impromtu Austin get together too. We'll try again soon.
Old 09-08-2002, 10:28 PM
InternetABYSS

Matt (infinite z) WE REALLY NEEDED YOU THERE.

we had a white, silver, dark silver-----We needed black to finish out our monochrome Z pics...LOL

I wanna get all teh colors for a group pic...I still havent seen a brickyard or lemans yet.
Old 09-09-2002, 07:18 AM
infinite z

Jason - actually it's Matt, not Mike lol

But yeah, I would have complemented the monochrome Zs well. Sorry I couldn't make it. I will be Zainoing my baby this weekend, so we gotta get together again soon!
Old 09-09-2002, 02:46 PM
Touring6MT_Z
Charter Member #49

Originally posted by jjb350z
Just picked up my Z this past weekend. I would enjoy going to Austin to meet some other members of the Forum. WOuld like to go to Dallas also if I had enough notice. With all the attention I get from one Z, I can't imagine how much 3 or more get...
jjb,

Congratulation!!! More one 350Zer for the Central Texas.

Killeen is much closer to Austin than Dallas, so you can party with the Central TX folks more often. JD (articfury) is compiling email distribution list for Austin's folks, please PM him with your email.

Post some pics after you get tired of driving.

Also, check out this thread. 4 of us in Austin had a get together with local S2K folks last Tuesday. https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....&threadid=4777

Last edited by Touring6MT_Z; 09-09-2002 at 02:50 PM.
Old 09-09-2002, 02:58 PM
ezchief

i need to check the forum more often on the week end. i hadn't a clue you were meeting until monday. keep me posted on the next meeting please.

ezchief
Old 09-09-2002, 03:00 PM
ColecatZ

Sorry I missed out guys, I didn't feel like bringing her out in the rain. I'll make it next time......we still need to get together for more pics.
Old 09-09-2002, 03:06 PM
Zay

Looks like you guys made the best of a bad day. The cars look great! Hopefully i'll have my car before the next meet is scheduled. Austin sounds like fun (never been there).
Old 09-09-2002, 04:58 PM
Michael-Dallas

Here's my 10-minute commercial:

It rained in Dallas, but it sure as hell didn't rain at the Hallett Racing Circuit in OK. The Z Club of Texas had their annual driver education track event this past weekend. It would have been awesome to see some 350z's tearing it up (Josh-ColecatZ you should have been there!!!). Some Honda guys were there, some BMW guys were there, some Supras were there. Hell, even some f-bodies and Corvettes showed up (and if you think f-bodies can't handle worth a crap, then you're in for a REAL big surprise!).

$99 got you 5 20-minute sessions on Sunday. That's a little under $1/min of driving. Compare that to drag racing. $15 gets you, what, maybe 5 13-14 second runs the whole evening? You do the math.

You guys have a tool. You should learn how to use it (if you've never been to a DE). The experience is unreal. If you guys don't get hooked on roadcourse driving after 1 session, much less 1 weekend, then the 350z definitely ain't for you.

This could happen:

Or this could happen:

Now wouldn't you like to find out what could happen in the safe confines of a roadcourse? (Actually, #29 is my good friend and instructor -- during one of his "routine" drifts, he kinda cooked a corner and went in a wee bit hot)

If all else fails, then how about a ride in this:

The owner of that Modena was one of the instructors so he definitely was no lightweight driving it. I think he had a passenger each time he went out. I got a ride in #29 and we played cat'n'mouse w/ the Modena for a while. Eventually, the Modena ate us up.

Oh yeah, here's me in my SE-R:

You can catch the rest of the pics at: http://12.237.254.127:81/Hallett090802/

Enjoy.

Michael.

Last edited by Michael-Dallas; 09-09-2002 at 05:03 PM.
Old 09-09-2002, 06:27 PM
ColecatZ

Michael, what's been up man?

I didn't even know my car was coming in on the 30th.....untill the 27th. so I or the car couldn't have been ready in time.

I have great news, I completed my breakin period today. Feels like a whole different car now.

I will be out getting some instructor led seat time soon. I feel like it is time to start losing all the bad habits in my driving.......or atleast recognize them.

Thanks for the great pics....see ya around
Old 09-09-2002, 06:50 PM
airgate

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet pics!

Very nice to see with the shades of color. . .reminds me of one of our S2000 meets last year in November.

Quick Reply: Pics from Dallas Z meet today!!!