Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Anyone ever get a touring with add-on brembo brakes/ray wheels from dealership?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2003, 12:08 PM
tiesto81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone ever get a touring with add-on brembo brakes/ray wheels from dealership?

I was originally going to go with a track model for the Z. But, I just love the look of the leather seats on the touring too much. I know aftermarket leather could be done, and I've seen some great jobs, but they still don't seem to match the overall look of the stock leather seats (I think it has to do with the leather used, color, and how tightly it's stretched across the seats that i notice the most).

So at this point, i'm contemplating instead to go with a touring model, with the heated and electric leather seats (electrical manuevering is another nice feature i don't mind), but would be interested to add on the brembo brakes/wheels of the track model.

Has anyone ever done this? If so, how much did the rays and brembo's cost them from the dealership? I'm not neccessarily looking for figures aftermarket, but moreso that the dealer threw in if you asked for those options (which i've heard they can do). Thanks!
Old 12-20-2003, 01:10 PM
jckolnturn

I know the wheels to cost 1,200 dollars..... each. But I'm sure if you ask real the nice the dealer willl 'throw' them in. Good Luck! I can't imagine the brake set costing less than 5K from the dealer but that's just conjecture on my part. Seriously it would be cheaper for you to get the touring and add the brakes and wheels of your choice aftermarket. Even cheaper than that is to get the track model and add the seats that you like.
Old 12-20-2003, 01:14 PM
tiesto81

Sorry, i had a few people think i'm crazy with my throw in comment. What I meant was i've heard dealers offering to provide that option - that's what i meant by throw in - not that they'd just give it for free
Old 12-20-2003, 01:28 PM
jckolnturn

Not crazy it's just a lot of money for a mod that is going to be quite common. You can go aftermarket for your wheels and brakes and get something that you personally really like and your car will be different form everyone else's. Some dealers will do that for you and include the cost in your financing if you wanted to go that way.
Old 12-20-2003, 02:23 PM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A superior brake kit from STOPTECH is less expensive.
Old 12-20-2003, 02:35 PM
dvlad

Originally posted by Mike Wazowski
A superior brake kit from STOPTECH is less expensive.
how are the stoptech's superior over the Brembo's?

dan
Old 12-20-2003, 02:55 PM
tiesto81

I'm not quite sure dvlad, but i did find this test article on the internet when i did a search:

http://www.zeckhausen.com/testing_brakes.htm
Old 12-20-2003, 03:01 PM
daytona350z

Originally posted by tiesto81
I'm not quite sure dvlad, but i did find this test article on the internet when i did a search:

http://www.zeckhausen.com/testing_brakes.htm
brembos hold their own in that test....now if it was the 4 wheel kit vs the 4 wheel stock brembo kit, def. the stoptech would win. but you can find 4 wheel brembos for half the 4 wheel kit from stoptech..