Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

This is Just Somethin I wanna get off my chest

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 01:45 AM
JamilAntony_com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy This is Just Somethin I wanna get off my chest

This post is kind of a rant about Tire Works, all feedback and opinions are welcome. I wrote this to a news a new station here in Las Vegas. The address of this particular Tire Works is 1280 E. Silverado Ranch Blvd. #100 Las Vegas, NV 89183

Here goes:

"Last week I took my car in to their Silverado Ranch/Maryland Pkwy location for a thumping coming from my car. Thinking it was a wheel balance issue I asked them to check to see if my wheels were balanced and try and find where the sound is coming from. They put my car on the lift and when they did, they failed to accommodate for how low my car is and put a board or something under the lift, so they scratched the bottom of my car putting it on and taking it off, doing unknown damage to it. The guy at the front, I think his name is Mike, told me that the sound is coming from a flat spot in the tire, but that my alignment was off. I told him that the car drives perfectly and doesn't pull and that the steering wheel is perfectly center. Furthermore, I had gotten an oil change at Walmart the previous week and they told me my tires were wearing evenly, which would indicate good alignment and balance. So I let him up sell me on an alignment going against my better judgement, and this is when my problems started.

When they were finished, I drove my car off the lot and the alignment was destroyed, the steering wheel was way off center and the sound was even louder and more pronounced. I took it back two more times and even now my alignment is still pulling to the right, my steering wheel is off and the sound is worse than it was before I brought it in. Plus, my car doesn't feel the same and there are other subtle noises coming from my car I haven't heard before, and my exhaust sounds different. This makes me think that some extra damage was done to my car when one of Tire Work's employees literally banged the bottom of my car on something on the lift, all while I was watching him. I just don't have much proof of any of this. They still refuse to give me a refund."

PS - my car still doesn't feel the same, I don't know if it's just in my mind, but it doesn't feel right, the exhaust doesn't seem as loud as it used to be and handling is a bit different.

TL;DR - Tire Works sucks, don't use them.

2004 350ZR 6 speed

Last edited by JamilAntony_com; 01-17-2012 at 02:33 AM.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:58 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Sorry about the shoddy customer service but what is the probability of me or any member taking their 350Z to Tire Works in Las Vegas?
Old 01-17-2012, 01:58 AM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

file a complaint with the BBB, along with calling the management directly not shift manager...

sorry to hear about this...
Old 01-17-2012, 02:04 AM
JamilAntony_com

I'm going to do more than than just call them, this is war now. And to Davidv, yeah the chances are low but I doubt this is the only Tire Works that's like this, pretty much ALL mechanics are like this, especially franchises.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:12 AM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

Grenade the place then...
Old 01-17-2012, 02:48 AM
R3CKLESS

I apologize I came into this topic expecting a "coming out of the closet" post but I was relieved when I read this. Sorry to hear about the crappy customer service.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:55 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by JamilAntony_com
I'm going to do more than than just call them, this is war now. And to Davidv, yeah the chances are low but I doubt this is the only Tire Works that's like this, pretty much ALL mechanics are like this, especially franchises.
I have a 8 year history here with caution about chains such as Tire Works. Including advise for members searching for reliable shops and mechanics.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:00 AM
2TH PWR

Received 107 Likes on 61 Posts

^ and a 8 year supply of muslim **** on his hard drive.
Don't be so sarcastic with people dude.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:11 AM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I would strongly disagree with that last part - there are a lot of great service providers out there if you just look/ask hard enough. And if you think that franchises are the worst, why did you take it there to start with? BTW - you may have lost some credibility with that statement when you originally said Walmart for an oil change - just a thought....
Old 01-17-2012, 05:20 AM
WYZIWYG

Received 208 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by 2TH PWR
^ and a 8 year supply of muslim p0rn on his hard drive.
Oh the shame of looking at chicks in burkhas....
Old 01-17-2012, 07:01 AM
*ICE*

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you in Vegas? I dont trust any place to work on my Z except Paladin. They are specialize in Nissan and aftermarket tuner cars very well. Or at least get a forum recommendation for a good local shop before going to a nationwide chain store, those place sucks!!
Old 01-17-2012, 07:17 AM
K-TownGuy

Originally Posted by KingBaby
Grenade the place then...
Win.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:20 AM
bmccann101
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 414 Likes on 237 Posts

OP.. you stil ahve no idea WHAT the problem is, so you ahve little ground to stand on.. you say it feels differnt, etc etc.. well, go somewhere and get it checked man.. cmon.

Then you can say " they damaged this this and this..etc"

Right now I get it, your car is whacked out, but without direction.. its just whining.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:38 AM
tazicon

Originally Posted by davidv
Sorry about the shoddy customer service but what is the probability of me or any member taking their 350Z to Tire Works in Las Vegas?

0...................I would never take my Z to tire works period.

And this ...............

Originally Posted by *ICE*
you in Vegas? I dont trust any place to work on my Z except Paladin. They are specialize in Nissan and aftermarket tuner cars very well. Or at least get a forum recommendation for a good local shop before going to a nationwide chain store, those place sucks!!

Last edited by tazicon; 01-17-2012 at 07:39 AM.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:08 AM
R350Zz33

walmart really
Old 01-17-2012, 09:40 AM
TPete19

This post is kind of a rant about Tire Works, all feedback and opinions are welcome. I wrote this to a news a new station here in Las Vegas. The address of this particular Tire Works is 1280 E. Silverado Ranch Blvd. #100 Las Vegas, NV 89183

Here goes:

"Last week I took my car in to their Silverado Ranch/Maryland Pkwy location for a thumping coming from my car. Thinking it was a wheel balance issue I asked them to check to see if my wheels were balanced and try and find where the sound is coming from. They put my car on the lift and when they did, they failed to accommodate for how low my car is and put a board or something under the lift, so they scratched the bottom of my car putting it on and taking it off, doing unknown damage to it. The guy at the front, I think his name is Mike, told me that the sound is coming from a flat spot in the tire, but that my alignment was off. I told him that the car drives perfectly and doesn't pull and that the steering wheel is perfectly center. Furthermore, I had gotten an oil change at Walmart the previous week and they told me my tires were wearing evenly, which would indicate good alignment and balance. So I let him up sell me on an alignment going against my better judgement, and this is when my problems started.

When they were finished, I drove my car off the lot and the alignment was destroyed, the steering wheel was way off center and the sound was even louder and more pronounced. I took it back two more times and even now my alignment is still pulling to the right, my steering wheel is off and the sound is worse than it was before I brought it in. Plus, my car doesn't feel the same and there are other subtle noises coming from my car I haven't heard before, and my exhaust sounds different. This makes me think that some extra damage was done to my car when one of Tire Work's employees literally banged the bottom of my car on something on the lift, all while I was watching him. I just don't have much proof of any of this. They still refuse to give me a refund."

PS - my car still doesn't feel the same, I don't know if it's just in my mind, but it doesn't feel right, the exhaust doesn't seem as loud as it used to be and handling is a bit different.
1. So you are going to trust the guys at WalMart to tell you your tires are wearing fine over an actual tire shop?
2. If you have a lowered car they HAVE to put a 2x4 under the lift in order to create an acceptable angle to drive the car up.
3. When you think there is a problem with your car, you will hear subtle noises that you haven't heard before. You are now looking for problems to report.
4. I don't know what he could have "banged" on the lift. There's isn't anything to bang.

They should have provided you a print out of the alignment specs from prior to the alignment and after.

Originally Posted by bmccann101
OP.. you stil ahve no idea WHAT the problem is, so you ahve little ground to stand on.. you say it feels differnt, etc etc.. well, go somewhere and get it checked man.. cmon.

Then you can say " they damaged this this and this..etc"

Right now I get it, your car is whacked out, but without direction.. its just whining.
Exactly my POV as well.

Originally Posted by R350Zz33
walmart really
Then to take their word over a tire shop. C'mon dude!
Old 01-17-2012, 10:41 AM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by 2TH PWR
^ and a 8 year supply of muslim **** on his hard drive.
why not when searches are free here DUDE!?

sucks man. all you can do is document and file a complaint with the BBB.

write your congress man.

fine a nice shop, pay them 100 bucks to do a professional diagnostic. what you "think you hear" or "feel" means nothing to a shop... get a professional to do a write up and take that to the manager of the shady shop, send that also to the news station above.

GL

Last edited by 4SHIZZIL; 01-19-2012 at 04:06 AM.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:05 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier MemberSuper Moderator

Received 2,333 Likes on 1,681 Posts

There is nothing their rack could do to your car that a speedbump couldn't do. If you were semi involved with the 350Z group here , we could have let you know what shops are lowered friendly. Walmart for an oil change, WTF man.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:27 AM
J 0 K 3 R

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you should have to pass a test to be able to own a z, or any nice car for that matter. if you knew anything about your car you would have warned the mechanics not to bottem the car out on their POS ramps.
second you should have been watching the guy drive it on the ramp AND yelling instruction at him. ie 'thats a clutch not a bass drum peddle!'
third how do you not go to the same proven/reputable shop for everything!? (my domestics mechanic is earnie, you should know yours by name, and he should know yours. my z goes to perfomance Z.)
fourth. Wallmart REALLY!?! you kinda deserve to have your car messed up if you take it there. anyone purchasing things from that retard infested hellhole is saying 'i dont even want quality, i care about nothing.'
fifth (lol) do you not know what an alignment sheet is?! if not why even waste money on one if your car feels fine?
sixth i will trade you a honda for your Z. lmk.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:17 PM
Kcee91

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1. Seriously bro, the regional section of my350 will give you a bunch of information on shops in Las Vegas. Like other people said and after numerous horror stories, please don't take it to Walmart or any other place out there. If your unsure, you would better off doing the work at a local Nissan or a performance shop SPECIALIZING in the the Z car. The Z is not a CHEAP car.... Anyways, good luck to you.

Quick Reply: This is Just Somethin I wanna get off my chest