Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

My 350Z has made me a better driver

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 04:55 PM
Dallasmavs92

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Alberto
I actually do like that WRX, for some reason always loved the wagons.

I have NEVER broken the speed limit in my Z. You need to control yourself son.

Nobody is p!ssed at you.
what a bunch of ****.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:05 PM
mhammel20

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lmao..

Originally Posted by dave079
And sit inside and watch Muslim ****?

https://my350z.com/forum/9509392-post2.html
Old 01-20-2012, 05:14 PM
J 0 K 3 R

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxDqRy9bhtc
Old 01-20-2012, 05:19 PM
Kcee91

Originally Posted by J 0 K 3 R
Old 01-20-2012, 05:26 PM
willyumq

Thumbs up

I agree with OP.

In many "sporty" but less communicative and more forgiving cars, its easy to forget how fast you're going, ignore the car, and to ignore road conditions because the driver gets put to sleep and goes into auto pilot mode.

The Z never lets the driver forget it's there! It keeps the driver awake by bombarding us with constant input via suspension, steering, and noise. And it also responds right away to our inputs, which is a good thing but also dangerous because quick car response needs quick human reflexes.

This constant forced awareness of the car day after day does undoubtedly increase the drivers relationship to, and awareness of, the car.

Imo. If you are more aware of the car and its relationship to the environment, then you are a better driver.

So yes, driving the Z does make you a better driver ~2cents
Old 01-20-2012, 07:20 PM
Kcee91

@willyumq, I also agree on your statement. I was just suggesting that if he wants to learn his car more at its limits, he needs to take it to track or go participate in an HPDE event. @OP, The most important thing is that the you learned from your mistakes. I didn't mean to be harsh about it bro. We as a community forum have heard about many people getting into accidents doing wreckless things. We hate seeing other individuals especially the one's with Z's getting into wrecks and such. Moreover, the issue I don't like is how some individuals placed you up on some pedestal with the wrx situation. Nobody is perfect and everyone here has made a mistake in the past. I made a mistake in the past, but I learned from it. Just know the limits of the car as well as the conditions and enjoy the car. :thumb up:

In the wise words of Ayrton Senna, "Many times through a mistake, due to your own personality, your own character, or interference that you get on the way, that you learn, and the main thing is to make sure you learn through your mistakes and get better."

Last edited by Kcee91; 01-20-2012 at 07:22 PM.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:48 PM
Arvin89

Originally Posted by willyumq
I agree with OP.

In many "sporty" but less communicative and more forgiving cars, its easy to forget how fast you're going, ignore the car, and to ignore road conditions because the driver gets put to sleep and goes into auto pilot mode.

The Z never lets the driver forget it's there! It keeps the driver awake by bombarding us with constant input via suspension, steering, and noise. And it also responds right away to our inputs, which is a good thing but also dangerous because quick car response needs quick human reflexes.

This constant forced awareness of the car day after day does undoubtedly increase the drivers relationship to, and awareness of, the car.

Imo. If you are more aware of the car and its relationship to the environment, then you are a better driver.

So yes, driving the Z does make you a better driver ~2cents
I agree about the cars making you forget how fast your going etc. Like most of the BMW's and Benz's I've driven, i wouldn't be able to tell if i was doing the limit or 20 over. They're so smooth and quiet, its really quite deceptive.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:16 PM
xSKYBLASTx

I think the car not only forces you to pay attention, but also in emergency situations gives you the responsiveness you need to match your reflexes. In the second day after i got my Z I was driving home at night in the rain. I was approaching a red light when the person in front of me braked because they were on their phone and werent paying attention. It was a one lane road that expanded into three at about that same area as that car. I was going the speed limit, but I was too close to them to stop completely and was forced to swerve my car once the road opened up. As fearful as I was for the danger I was in, I couldnt help but realize How smooth it really was
Old 01-21-2012, 10:47 AM
Arvin89

Haha no kidding. Putting the pedal to the metal in the 323 courtesy car Ive been lugging around doesn't even make my neck move.
Old 01-21-2012, 12:08 PM
BrokenVow

Better driver? Or an averagely aware driver?
Old 01-23-2012, 07:38 AM
Deltavision21

Like I've stated members on this forum are beyond ruthless sometimes, but this time with good reason. You can't expect to receive good feedback with a story like that. Something tells me you are young and on a budget because you can't afford new tires. Calling you poor is a bit harsh, I will say you need to buy new tires period. I live in florida so I'm not used to the snow, but when I was in Utah this december I was there for 1 week and I didn't see 1 Z. And with good reason, they don't belong in the winter.

I've been in your shoes, you just want to tell people your story but after a while you'll realize things that you just do not say.

As far as Z making me a better driver, I can agree with that in some sort. It's made me a better drive too because I've learned to take corners carefully and respect the RWD.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:06 AM
anthony87

I live in florida so I'm not used to the snow, but when I was in Utah this december I was there for 1 week and I didn't see 1 Z. And with good reason, they don't belong in the winter.
I agree. Living up here in Montreal we got LOTS of snow. I know of a few who still drive their Z's in this bad temp (stupid i know..). But even with winter tires and the best of driving, these cars are just not meant to be driven in snow, period. You get stuck everywhere, and the car is so low it just acts like a really expensive snow plow..

Long story short, just buy yourself a beater, and keep your Z clean and fresh for the summer months!

Last edited by anthony87; 01-23-2012 at 09:08 AM.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:10 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Dallasmavs92
what a bunch of ****.
Your sarcasm meter is fawked up you idiot.

kcee-it's good, hibernating for the winter.
Old 01-23-2012, 01:40 PM
J 0 K 3 R

Originally Posted by anthony87
But even with winter tires and the best of driving, these cars are just not meant to be driven in snow, period. You get stuck everywhere, and the car is so low it just acts like a really expensive snow plow..

Long story short, just buy yourself a beater, and keep your Z clean and fresh for the summer months!
+1 on snow tires, the beater, and expensive snow plow lol. heres my combo of the 3.

its pretty necessary to have a big truck in the winter where im at right now (not cali). *notice the truck behind mine. The Z71 likes the snow, the Z33..not so much. theres a reason its not in the picture.
Old 01-23-2012, 04:50 PM
keptman

Last edited by keptman; 07-02-2012 at 01:18 PM.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:00 PM
plusONETEN

When i got my 240sx, it had bald summer tires and i had to drive it from FL to NY. I have tons of snow driving experience and that car tried to kill me when i drove under this overpass - i reacted properly and stayed in my lane despite getting quite sideways, because i knew what to do - but if i didnt know, i would have probably crashed and learned nothing.

My point - driving in the snow can teach you a lot about car control, but if you dont take i easy and learn slow, all you will do is crash your car and not know what you did wrong.

I learned in empty snowy parking lots, like a lot of northerners probably did. Also backroads are fun. Slippery conditions are awesome because you can hone the same car control skills without going so fast that you might kill someone.... snow tends to be fairly consistent if you go out when the conditions are right, not when there are patches of all different kinds of snow ice, etc. that stuff is pretty fun. i have this 1994 pathfinder and i get rid of it before i get to drive it in the snow im going to be a bit bummed lol...

Last edited by plusONETEN; 01-23-2012 at 08:59 PM.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:52 PM
pmab9918

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by keptman
this thread is a pure example of why I quit coming on this site.
Way too many compensating people with sport cars.
Cool story bro
Old 01-26-2012, 06:24 AM
anthony87

Originally Posted by J 0 K 3 R
+1 on snow tires, the beater, and expensive snow plow lol. heres my combo of the 3.

its pretty necessary to have a big truck in the winter where im at right now (not cali). *notice the truck behind mine. The Z71 likes the snow, the Z33..not so much. theres a reason its not in the picture.
Damn that thing must be a beast in the white stuff man.. i want one lol..
Where you located now? doesnt look that snowy though..
Old 01-26-2012, 12:08 PM
J 0 K 3 R

Originally Posted by anthony87
Damn that thing must be a beast in the white stuff man.. i want one lol..
Where you located now? doesnt look that snowy though..
its definately fun offroad. im in wyoming now. theres usually more than a few inches of snow on the roads in the morning before the plows go around.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:08 PM
Spider Monkey

Id rather see you deal with the comments that come with sharing the fact you're an a$$hole (admitting he drives like a d!ck in the snow = totalled car, admitting he bought the wrong car, doesnt have snow tires, has one mismtached tire) and slightly slow in the brain.
Why do you have such a sandy vagina bro?
I have NEVER broken the speed limit in my Z. You need to control yourself son.
Well at least a vagina for sure.

Quick Reply: My 350Z has made me a better driver